[Book Spoilers] EP407 Discussion

Ran

So what's going to happen with Brienne next season? Rorge and Biter are dead and the Bloody Mummers don't even exist.

TWOW?

Although, I think its more likely that she reaches Jaime at Riverun around episode 7 (having not shown up much before then in the season), hangs out with him in ep 8, isn't in 9, and they leave together in ep. 10. Or something like that.

It really depends on how quickly Jaime's plotline moves next season I guess.

Loved the episode and not that bent out of shape about the "Only Cat" substitution. Not sure what is going to motivate Sansa to save Littlefinger's skin next episode unless she is using it for leverage over him in the future...

Also I don't understand why some people weren't happy with Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger, he's perfect for that role. It's one of those occasions where i, when i reread the books, put my own imagination completely aside and replace it with both the face and the voice from the show.

I don't get the accent complaints, mainly because I have no ear for accents. But I agree that the character is not as subtle and mysterious as he is in the books- TV LF seems to tell everyone exactly what his plans are all the time. But mainly, that's a writing and direction issue, not a performance one.

Couple things... seemed like Mel admitted she's full of crap and knows more about magic tricks than R'hollor secrets. Strange.

Also, the man that the Hound mercy-killed, making a specific statement about the North always making a fair trade. That's gonna mean something.

Dany is boring as hell. Emilia is not working it out.

Solid episode. Kinda pissed they omitted "only cat", but it still worked. What I am more mad about is that Brienne will clearly never be fighting Rorge or Biter now. Was I the only one who couldn't believe how easily those 2 went down? Wasn't Rorge a pretty big badass in the books?

They never established him as one in the show though.

Also, the scene between Oberyn and Tyrion was a masterpiece of storytelling. Absolutely beautiful the way he talks about Tyrion as a baby. Perfectly done.

I missed the bit about Elia cooing over baby Tyrion and wanting to hold him, that was in the book; but I guess it wasn't essential to the show (though it did show Elia, a woman about whom we know comparatively little, other than her horrible last moments, as a person with a great capacity for tenderness and kindness, her heart going out to the motherless infant when many Westerosi girls would have been horrified at the idea of cuddling a dwarf baby).

But I loved the scene. Poor Tyrion, he's at his lowest point, and then Oberyn gives him reason to hope.

Not sure what is going to motivate Sansa to save Littlefinger's skin next episode unless she is using it for leverage over him in the future...

she smiled when littlefinger insinuates that he killed joffrey because he'd harmed her family. she'll cover for him.

I'm disappointed in the Tyrion/Oberyn scene because I think this means that he won't be announcing it in front of the whole court like he did in the book which was so awesome due to all of the shocked onlookers and Tywin. I enjoyed the scene I just think it means that they're cutting the final court scene.

No, in the books he did not announce it in front of the whole court. He did it privately just like in the show

I'm disappointed in the Tyrion/Oberyn scene because I think this means that he won't be announcing it in front of the whole court

Agreed! I think it would have been so much more dramatic for the announcement to come as a surprise to all.

Solid episode. Kinda pissed they omitted "only cat", but it still worked. What I am more mad about is that Brienne will clearly never be fighting Rorge or Biter now. Was I the only one who couldn't believe how easily those 2 went down? Wasn't Rorge a pretty big badass in the books?

I legit lol'd at Rorge dying the way he did. My only problem with the episode.

TWOW?

Although, I think its more likely that she reaches Jaime at Riverun around episode 7 (having not shown up much before then in the season), hangs out with him in ep 8, isn't in 9, and they leave together in ep. 10. Or something like that.

It really depends on how quickly Jaime's plotline moves next season I guess.

So do you think that next season will include all of Feast and Dance? I assume they use that content over the course of the next two seasons.

Also, the man that the Hound mercy-killed, making a specific statement about the North always making a fair trade. That's gonna mean something.

Yeah I'm assuming foreshadowing for something to come in TWOW? That seemed odd and pointed.

I don't think there's any actual indications of that. That was just a misreading some people had of an interview with the actor who plays Robin (given in a foreign language).

Ok, so, who do you think is going to be framed for Lysa's death, some random guard? They'll say she commit suicide?