Lies of Locke Lamora Contest!

Scott Lynch

So is there a front runner then, based on recipie alone...? :P

Maybe, but it's the taste that wins out in the end. The Blue Blazer is a nifty sounding cocktail on paper, but in the end it's just Scotch and water.

:P

Maybe, but it's the taste that wins out in the end. The Blue Blazer is a nifty sounding cocktail on paper, but in the end it's just Scotch and water.

:P

Touche. :lol:

Shoulda phrased it another way: Any recipies on paper make your mouth water enough to want to try them first...those might just be the front runners.

I would not be at liberty to divulge that information even if I were at liberty to divulge that that information was at liberty for divulging.

I am, above all, not a damn dirty divulger.

Hmmmmmm...what can we read into that, I wonder...? :P

I currently have a total of 12 recipes, with a couple more promised (and I'm cool with that; like I said, it'll be a bit before I can convene the Grand Cocktail Tribunal and taste them all).

To avoid, y'know, death, I think what I'm going to do is have 3-4 couples or teams with cocktail straws, and I'll make 3-4 of each recipe, so every taster can get half of each cocktail, more or less.

Cheers!

SL

To avoid, y'know, death, I think what I'm going to do is have 3-4 couples or teams with cocktail straws, and I'll make 3-4 of each recipe, so every taster can get half of each cocktail, more or less.

Ah, but my drink is meant to be sipped from the glass, not a straw. It does affect the flavor and experience of the drink. wibble wibble.

Cheers,

Bazz

A woman and her boyfriend are out having a few drinks. While they're sitting there having a good time together she starts talking about this really great new drink. The more she talks about it, the more excited she gets, and starts trying to talk her boyfriend into having one. After awhile he gives in and lets her order the drink for him.

The bartender brings the drink and puts the following on the bar -- a saltshaker, a shot of Baileys, and a shot of lime juice.

The boyfriend looks at the items quizzically and the woman explains. "First, you put a bit of the salt on your tongue, next, you drink the shot of Baileys and hold it in you mouth, and finally, you drink the lime juice."

So, the boyfriend, trying to go along and please her, goes for it. He puts the salt on his tongue -- salty but OK. He drinks the shot of Baileys - smooth, rich, cool, very pleasant. He thinks - this is OK.

Finally he picks up the lime juice and drinks it .... In one second the sharp lime taste hits .... At two seconds the Baileys curdles .... At three seconds the salty curdled bitter taste hits.

This triggers his gag reflex but being manly, and not wanting to disappoint his girlfriend, he swallows the now nasty drink.

When he finally chokes it down he turns to his girlfriend, and

says, Jesus, what do you call that drink?"

She smiles widely at him and says, "Blow Job Revenge"

• 2 weeks later...
So...uh...um, not to annoy our celebrity author guest...but...have you tried any of the drinks yet?

Bazz, the book is about a con-artist. You didn't think the contest was real, did you?

I sure hope you didn't give "Scott Lynch" your credit card number, otherwise, I'm sure he's enjoying plenty of drinks on your tab. ;)

You know what the best part is? There actually is no Lies of Locke Lamora. We just put a new cover on 350,000 remaindered copies of George W. Bush's autobiography. So I guess it wasn't totally a con... you still got lies.

Fear not. When the all-star drink tasting krewe sits down to get hammered on your creations, I will liveblog some of it. Probably with steadily decreasing punctuation skills.

Ciao,

SL

You know what the best part is? There actually is no Lies of Locke Lamora. We just put a new cover on 350,000 remaindered copies of George W. Bush's autobiography. So I guess it wasn't totally a con... you still got lies.

pfft :P and now yet even more lies *sighs* shame on you trying to make us think GWB would be even remotely that intelligent *shakes head sadly*

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. Is the contest still open for entry? And will it remain that way till, say, Sunday? (I have a couple ideas rattling around in this old skull of mine, and I intend to give about ten of them a test-run under the watchful eye of my favorite unofficial bartender chick.)

Archived