Balerion the Black Dread of the Red Keep

daggerseiuri

Yeah, that's very likely. GRRM was already asked this years ago, and he indicated that this may be the case. The fact that Tommen is afraid of the cat in ADwD, all but confirmed it in-universe.

Yeah, a lot of people think that the black cat Arya chased in AGOT and the one Tommen mentioned later, is actually same cat, Balerion, Rhaenys' cat. Why is he important? Some people believe that Bloodraven is using him to find out what's going on in Red Keep.

I'm not saying in this instance that it's not true, but ODL, do I get tired of the notion of BR flitting in and out of every animal in the Kingdoms. I'm hoping that some of these animals get left with their own 'agency.'

I do think that the Big Black Tom Cat, known as the True King of The Castle, is Rhaenys little kitten. That life span is not an impossibility for a cat, although we are pushing up on the idea of it still being very healthy to be questionable as being a realistic limit.

Oh, it is for sure. It's been hating Lannisters the whole time. (And eating their chickens too, heh.)

I get tired of the notion of BR flitting in and out of every animal in the Kingdoms.

Yeah. Besides, that cat has been known to attack the ravens in the rookery, and if we pick an animal for BR to be inhabiting, those are much more likely.

It seems to not attack non Lannister so it might not attack Stannis or Shireen. Arya is also safe. other than tormanting Tommen and Tommen's cat, I like the cat and I not a cat person. The cat more than likely attack Joffrey

Stannis had a war galley name Cat that got destroy I doubt it mean anything but it is an interesting fact

Oh, it is for sure. It's been hating Lannisters the whole time. (And eating their chickens too, heh.)

Yeah. Besides, that cat has been known to attack the ravens in the rookery, and if we pick an animal for BR to be inhabiting, those are much more likely.

Exactly. Let the poor kitty just live his life as he looks to take out some Lannisters or their chickens for his Princess.

Archived