The Cast - [Book + Episode Spoilers]

Without a doubt, the final scene tonight should be Lady Stoneheart (although I worry it will be Bran). There is no better way to end than with LSH. Nothing else could possibly beat that Cliffhanger. Ever.

My ideal situation would be:

4.10 - Brienne is wounded in her fight with the Hound. LSH hangs a Frey / some Freys.

5.01 - Brienne and Pod recover.

5.03 - Brienne and Pod find the BwB.

5.05 - Brienne and Pod are brought before LSH, climactic ending. (Maybe we hear her word/maybe we don't.)

5.06-5.08 - Siege of Riverrun. I'm sure the siege of Riverrun will be drawn out. Hopefully lots of stuff with Edmure/Blackfish, slimy Freys.

5.08/5.09 - Brienne meets Jaime.

LS is the only option for a close. I love your timeline, I hope they follow it.

LS is the only option for a close. I love your timeline, I hope they follow it.

The thing is injured Brienne on the road is just an extremely weird thing to be her final scene for finale. Unless we see someone pick her off the road.

I can't believe how close se are to the ep :) I hope that after tomorrow I can start living again

It won't happen but I am hoping that when the season closes GRRM will say "oh btw here is the WoW release date"

The way i see it is that if LS is in then it will be her and BWB hanging Freys. That way they can keep the surprise of her appearance all the way to the end just like in the epilogue of book 3. So this is the way they should do it. Have Brienne meet her next season

Without a doubt, the final scene tonight should be Lady Stoneheart (although I worry it will be Bran). There is no better way to end than with LSH. Nothing else could possibly beat that Cliffhanger. Ever.

My ideal situation would be:

4.10 - Brienne is wounded in her fight with the Hound. LSH hangs a Frey / some Freys.

5.01 - Brienne and Pod recover.

5.03 - Brienne and Pod find the BwB.

5.05 - Brienne and Pod are brought before LSH, climactic ending. (Maybe we hear her word/maybe we don't.)

5.06-5.08 - Siege of Riverrun. I'm sure the siege of Riverrun will be drawn out. Hopefully lots of stuff with Edmure/Blackfish, slimy Freys.

5.08/5.09 - Brienne meets Jaime.

That seems pretty good actually. However, one thing that has me confused at the moment is that it seems like Jaime is going to Dorne from all the casting news. I don't know how all this will play out then. Maybe they'll cut out LS entirely (since they can weigh her importance in the storyline as a whole).

If they don't include LS, and even if the rest of the episode is fantastic, it's just going to be a flood of wines :/ Shame really.

Then again they've mentoned Catelyn Stark many times this season, and Beric and Thoros is on Arya's kill list, so I expect her to show up.

I can't believe how close se are to the ep :) I hope that after tomorrow I can start living again

Man it will be nice to be able to sleep on Sunday nights and not having to filter through all Catelyn/Stannis hating

comments to read people's predictions.

What master trolling would it be if Brienne is taken by the BwB, and we all go "OMG LS!!!", and then their leader is still Beric Dondarrion?? No chances of that, I know, but that would be the supreme D&D trolling on book readers.

Btw, do we know if any BwB is being cast for this episode?

Edit: sorry for the gramar. My autocorrect is set to portuguese, so...

Just passing the day waiting for the episode tonight.

World Cup! At least a good excuse to get really loaded before we crack open the bottle of GoT Fire and Blood Red Ale we found at the Total Wine lol

re: LS. God I hope they introduce her in terms of revenge and Freys. I'm prepared to be disappointed and they will sacrifice that to the god's of TV show viewer WTF/cliffhanger and have her meet and directly threaten the life of Brienne.

The whole thing about not having anything to do in season 5 if they advance that? Hardly a problem for D&D. They are masters of cooking up side trips around the plot lines and extending plot lines. How long did it take the Hound and Arya to reach the point they finally reach tonight. A season and a half.

They had to cook up plot inventions to keep characters onscreen and busy. They could easily do the same with Brienne, perhaps we'll get a LS/Brienne road trip and they can bond and make a cute couple and commiserate about their lack of chances of getting laid. Who knows. With D&D is all a wildcard. lol

What master trolling would it be if Brienne is taken be the BwB, and se all go "OMG LS!!!", and then their leader is still Beric Dondarrion?? No chances of that, I know, but that would be the supremo D&D trolling on book renders.

Btw, do we know if any BwB is being cast for this episode?

People keep mentioning Philip McGinley (Anguy) tweeting about filming season 4, but I never saw it nor have I seen any screenshots of the tweet.

Richard Dormer (Beric); no info.

Paul Kaye (Thoros); was spotted in Belfast, but he's in the Dracula movie which was filming at the same time.

I'm not sure it'll be Brienne coming across LS and the BwB. If we follow that thread, then we still have to get her being hanged and her agreeing to get Jaime. But there's no reason for Jaime to be in the Riverlands anymore, and it seems that he'll be in Dorne in season 5 from the casting calls. But then where would Brienne's story go? I'm pretty confused...

That seems pretty good actually. However, one thing that has me confused at the moment is that it seems like Jaime is going to Dorne from all the casting news. I don't know how all this will play out then. Maybe they'll cut out LS entirely (since they can weigh her importance in the storyline as a whole).

Noway she is cut

If they don't include LS, and even if the rest of the episode is fantastic, it's just going to be a flood of wines :/ Shame really.

The showrunners should really anticipate that to happen had they not included her, no? It's not like their actions are holy and people shouldn't have the right to complain especially since it's such an iconic twist that Martin chose to have at the end of book 3. I understand cutting things for legitimate reasons but there is no good reason to do that. And if they are planning on including her somewhere down the road the shock of not having her tonight will cause people to riot and this will inevitably spoil things for Unsullied - just like riot about Stannis last week did.

But then again that's spoiled by recap so whatever.

People keep mentioning Philip McGinley (Anguy) tweeting about filming season 4, but I never saw it nor have I seen any screenshots of the tweet.

Richard Dormer (Beric); no info.

Paul Kaye (Thoros); was spotted in Belfast, but he's in the Dracula movie which was filming at the same time.

It might be something someone misremembered or a case of the telephone game or something, but people wouldn't necessarily have a reason to screenshot a tweet that they wouldn't expect to be deleted. And it's not like that guy is one of the main actors on the show either.

The final scene should be The Epilogue of ASOS, since they're pretty much finishing up with it. Jon being voted LC is his ending to ASOS. I think it would be great if they ripped the epilogue straight from the pages with Merrett Frey coming to ransom his great-nephew Petyr. I think it's too early for Brienne and LS too meet. She has a few chapters in AFFC and that's quite a bit to cut out. She goes to Maidenpool, talks to Sam's dad, fights two groups of Brave Companions, Gendry saves her from Biter and she gets captured. They could completely cut all of that out, but it's a lot of her story to wipe out.

I have been crossing my fingers that LS will make an appearance, but I have a feeling I'm going to be let down.

The thing is injured Brienne on the road is just an extremely weird thing to be her final scene for finale. Unless we see someone pick her off the road.

We did have injured Jon for the season 3 finale. He was in safe hands but the severity of his injuries was still undetermined. It could just be another cliffhanger- is she okay or not?

I could see an ending something like this, albeit far fetched I admit:

1. Brienne and Hound fight it out over Arya, with both extensively wounded but the Hound coming out on top. Arya, as always convinces the Hound not to finish her, and they leave.

2. Later, Hound collapses and "mercy" scene.

3. Brienne and Pod lying there while he tends to her wounds. Group of armed men arrive and surround them. Men begin to part as hooded figure approaches through them to stand n front of them and begins to remove hood. Ominous music swells. Shot of Briennes face in shock and horror. Cut back to dramatic LS reveal, who puts hand to gashed throat and croaks out "Oathbreaker".

4. Cut to black.

Archived