The Cast - [Book + Episode Spoilers]

Since the preview threads are locked and this is thread I can speak in.

1. STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS!!! SAVE THE DAY!!!!!!!!!

2. UnCat? I was told highly unlikely :(

3. Crossbolts and bowel movements

4. Don't let your chillen' play with Dragons . .

5. Meet Bloodraven, ohh I'm still alive, sort of . .

6. Arya heads to Braavos? Fight between Brienne and The Hound?

Who knows?

Agreed with all of it, but I totally think LS will be featured. Right now it seems that they are playing up a potential Brienne and LS meet, which is not ideal in my mind but better than no LS at all.

Since the preview threads are locked and this is thread I can speak in.

1. STANNIS, STANNIS, STANNIS!!! SAVE THE DAY!!!!!!!!!

2. UnCat? I was told highly unlikely :(

3. Crossbolts and bowel movements

4. Don't let your chillen' play with Dragons . .

5. Meet Bloodraven, ohh I'm still alive, sort of . .

6. Arya heads to Braavos? Fight between Brienne and The Hound?

Who knows?

Don't forget the Qyburn and Gregor scene

With all the talk about Joe Dempsie , it is Natalia Tena I miss the most.

She's been gone from the page longer that she has in the show!

If she shows up tonight I will be gob smacked.

Odd thing is Osha is the only character, that I know of, on the show that GRRM said he was influenced by, I guess I would say Natalia Tena.

He was writing expanded material for her, tho I supposed he had intended bring her back anyway.

I keep wondering if that's who Gendry runs into next season for a team up?

He knew Arya and Osha has her brother.

That's not really set in stone. Ian McElhinney didn't appear in season 2 but returned in season 3. David Bradley, Owen Teale, Dominic Carter, Luke McEwan and Joser Altin all had seasons in-between where they didn't appear.

And Patrick Malahide and Peter Vaughan turned up last season totally unannounced.

Seems the same was true of Gemma Whelan , last season, tho not sure about that.

Agreed with all of it, but I totally think LS will be featured. Right now it seems that they are playing up a potential Brienne and LS meet, which is not ideal in my mind but better than no LS at all.

Brienne will not meet LS tonight that would be to soon. The reveal of LS will be her and BWB hanging Frey men. If she is in the ep tonight.

If she is not in then god have mercy on Benioff and Weiss soul

Brienne will not meet LS tonight that would be to soon. The reveal of LS will be her and BWB hanging Frey men. If she is in the ep tonight.

While I agree that is what I prefer, there has been speculation that Brienne's appearance in the recap could be indicative of her running across LS tonight.

While I agree that is what I prefer, there has been speculation that Brienne's appearance in the recap could be indicative of her running across LS tonight.

yeah but think about it. if its that scene then people that have read the books will know she is in right away. Thats why i think it will be LS and BWB hanging Freys. Besides if they already jump to that scene then Brienne will have nothing to do all of next season.

I would figure that if we do see LS tonight, it will be Brienne and Pod meeting her (the actual hanging will wait until next season). Brienne's storyline has been vastly accelerated in the series, as it should have been (it is the absolute worst storyline in the entire book series). They are not going to have Brienne wander around pointlessly for much of next season. Brienne searching for Sansa in all the wrong places while the reader knows exactly where Sansa is was a terrible decision in the books and it will be panned even worse if they do it that way in the series. Heck, she already got that clue from Hot Pie about where she is. So her wandering the Riverlands for much of season 5 will be pointless.

With all that said, my ultimate preference would be that we see LS hanging Frey's tonight (the one that cut her throat for example). But what I expect is Brienne encountering her.

With all that said, my ultimate preference would be that we see LS hanging Frey's tonight (the one that cut her throat for example). But what I expect is Brienne encountering her.

I agree 100% I would prefer a Frey hanging as I think it is a better intro or re-introduction to the character but I think they will have Brienne stumble upon the BwB and that is how we first see her.

I would figure that if we do see LS tonight, it will be Brienne and Pod meeting her (the actual hanging will wait until next season). Brienne's storyline has been vastly accelerated in the series, as it should have been (it is the absolute worst storyline in the entire book series). They are not going to have Brienne wander around pointlessly for much of next season. Brienne searching for Sansa in all the wrong places while the reader knows exactly where Sansa is was a terrible decision in the books and it will be panned even worse if they do it that way in the series. Heck, she already got that clue from Hot Pie about where she is. So her wandering the Riverlands for much of season 5 will be pointless.

i think it will be Frey hanging. They need to establish on the show that LS is living pure for revenge and they need to show her ultimate goal is to harm the people responsible for harming house stark. If it were cut up to Brienne meeting her they will have a different view on her. and that will be horrible anf not gonna work.

If she is not in tonight's ep they don't deserve mercy.

I agree 100% I would prefer a Frey hanging as I think it is a better intro or re-introduction to the character but I think they will have Brienne stumble upon the BwB and that is how we first see her.

This. Brienne is where she is in the books - in the finale she gets injured and all that needs to happen is BwB pick her up to tend to her wounds.

If the LS introduction is the Brienne encounter then I hope her role in hanging Freys is still brought up. Or at least give us a hanging Frey next season. Jaime can re-introduce one of the Freys that killed Catelyn or Talisa in his Riverrun arc and they can be hanged.

I think it would be better to go with the ASOS epilogue as the introduction, personally. This should be about LS and vengeance, not Brienne. However, at this point I am just hoping she turns up.

Brienne's pledge in the promo could just be for her meeting Arya (one of Catelyn's daughters). Speeding her story up was probably for The Hound vs Brienne fight which will no doubt be impressive- two of the 'fighters' in GoT battling it out. It also spices up the groundwork for the Mercy scene as opposed to just being triggered by an infected wound- too much like Drogo.

Brienne can stumble across LS next season, it gives her and LS more screen time. However, who knows? :dunno:

I just realised that the Thronecast special tomorrow, that will air here in the UK before the episode, will also feature Tena's band (together with our own Elio and Linda), which could be a sign of her being in the finale. Maybe she will come back for the regular Thronecast after the episode to comment that potential return.

Without a doubt, the final scene tonight should be Lady Stoneheart (although I worry it will be Bran). There is no better way to end than with LSH. Nothing else could possibly beat that Cliffhanger. Ever.

My ideal situation would be:

4.10 - Brienne is wounded in her fight with the Hound. LSH hangs a Frey / some Freys.

5.01 - Brienne and Pod recover.

5.03 - Brienne and Pod find the BwB.

5.05 - Brienne and Pod are brought before LSH, climactic ending. (Maybe we hear her word/maybe we don't.)

5.06-5.08 - Siege of Riverrun. I'm sure the siege of Riverrun will be drawn out. Hopefully lots of stuff with Edmure/Blackfish, slimy Freys.

5.08/5.09 - Brienne meets Jaime.

Archived