(Book Spoilers) If they remove <this> the episode will be ruined.

Mr Hodor

Guys, don't be silly. Do you really think omission means non-existence? It just means it's going to get pushed back to next season. Silly Jon Snows who know nothing

You make an important point, but not having Stoneheart in as the final close out scene just seems like stupidity. I was really surprised that Jamie and Tyrion ended on good terms and no wherever whores go?

I remember thinking they "had to" do LSH in last year's finale and then being super-disappointed when it didn't happen. At this point, they've waited this long, I accept that it might be better for the unsullied to just wait until she's needed. But I still think it would have been cooler than last season' sending moment.

I was really hoping for "In the end Tywin Lannister did not, in fact, shit gold." At least I got to think it in my head.

For me it will be ruined if they cut out

1. Tysha and "wherever whores go"

2. She's been fucking Lancel and osmund kettleback and the moon boy Or something similar

3. Lady Stoneheart

They cut every single one of these things. Rotten luck - I hope you found something to enjoy in the episode though. Personally, I thought it was excellent, these omissions notwithstanding.

So no LS, no Tysha, from what I'm hearing no explanation for Shae/Tywin and Shae actually trying to attack angel Tyrion who I imagine kills her in self defense?

But on the other hand - scruffy Stannis:)

I'll see it 10h from now but wow are D&D gonna be facing deserved backlash, what they said is 'best episode' is already being ripped apart left and right from what I see.

So no LS, no Tysha, from what I'm hearing no explanation for Shae/Tywin and Shae actually trying to attack angel Tyrion who I imagine kills her in self defense?

But on the other hand - scruffy Stannis:)

I'll see it 10h from now but wow are D&D gonna be facing deserved backlash, what they said is 'best episode' is already being ripped apart left and right from what I see.

Well, we never got any explanation for Shae/Tywin in the books either. In the show, she basically realises just how pissed off Tyrion is with her from the way she looks at him. Attacking him was really more of a proactive approach (offense being the best defense and all that). Yes, Tyrion did kill her, but to me it seems like he had already had his mind set on that when he saw her in Tywin's bed.

As for my expectations: I was waiting for 1) Stoneheart and 2) Mercy. I got 1 out of 2, so I don't consider the episode "ruined".

Well, we never got any explanation for Shae/Tywin in the books either. In the show, she basically realises just how pissed off Tyrion is with her from the way she looks at him. Attacking him was really more of a proactive approach (offense being the best defense and all that). Yes, Tyrion did kill her, but to me it seems like he had already had his mind set on that when he saw her in Tywin's bed.

Sure we do. We know that Tywin frequented whores through the secret tunnels. We know that Shae is a whore and a free agent after Tyrion is arrested. We know that she is not arrested, and based on her lying testimony, she was cooperating with the Lannisters. Clearly she is no amatuer and Tywin has bedded whores before with total discretion. She either puts a move on him, he makes a pass at her, or both. Shae was capable of banging Tyrion without anyone knowing. Tywin knew he'd be able to keep her around in secret.

He keeps the secret until their deaths because everyone is shocked that Shae was in his bed. "What is she doing here?".

2. She's been fucking Lancel and osmund kettleback and the moon boy Or something similar

3. Lady Stoneheart

Ha! :)

I feel some of your pain, but not having to hear Tyrion ask about "where whores go" throughout season 5 go is a big bonus.

The deletion of the whole Tysha history has warped the whole Tyrion-Tywin-Jaime-Shae-Varys dynamic.

The show version makes sense only in the most basic way, but it's a emotional firecracker compared to the atomic bomb of familial hatred in the books. How does one makes sense of Tyrion's intense self-hatred without Tysha as the horrifying context ? How does one amp up Jaime & Tyrion's regrets that they've each lost the only family member who really cared about them ?

:bang:

This entire thread is utterly depressing. I think we all need a group hug :grouphug:

thank you. :grouphug:

Normally I would say burn the books so no one has to feel the pain.....let's burn the Blu Rays and DVDs instead. :commie: :commie:

If George kills a character, you at least feel something in that moment and see it serves a purpose.

Double D kill characters, I don't feel a thing. And they serve no purpose at all.

Please, just abandon the ship and give the wheel into the hands of someone that is able to do it.

3. Lady Stoneheart

Wow. Sorry mate, they cut out ALL 3.

1. I didn't really mind the "Wherever whores go" line being omitted, but I was disappointed that THEY DIDN'T EVEN MENTION TYSHA WAS A WHORE.

Probably because the audience would have forgotten about her.

2. Completely changed, don't know how to feel. I liked a Tyrion-Jaime happy farewell, but so much was changed.

3. This was the biggest disappointment. Now I'm scared that they won't even bring in LS, and Beric, Thoros, and the BwB will be the reason Brienne captures Jaime.

I was really hoping the last scene to be exactly like the epilogue, because I thought it would be a hell of a way to finish a season.

Well, I'm conflicted about this. The "wherever whores go" thing doesn't bother me. The Unsullied have without a doubt forgot about Tysha's story by now and honestly, I never really cared much about it in the books either. Plus, Tyrion asking basically everyone he's met the "where do whores go?" question got tedious really fast. I'm glad that the show won't feature it.

I liked the happy parting of Tyrion and Jaime. Their brotherly relationship has always been my beloved part in both the books and the show and I was really sad to see it go in the former. Glad they kept it in the show, but we'll have to wait and see just what kind of difference it makes.

I did miss Stoneheart sorely, though. Would have been just the perfect season finale. Initially I thought they were gonna cut it because it would be too magic'ey for the Unsullied (most show watchers I know generally dislike the magic elements in the show and I gotta say, I'm with them on this one), but after today's Bran scenes? Nothing could have been more cringeworthy than those skeletons. So I was pretty sure they'd have Stoneheart as well and I was all the more surprised when they didn't.

Archived