Book and show spoilers: how could they do the finale w/o

Snowisnobastard

So disappointed about Lady Stoneheart! I kept hope all the way through the credits, thinking maybe they would throw it in at the very end. I feel like it's a huge mistake! If the wanted people to have something to talk about for the next 9 months, they should have ended the episode with her!

I was so psyched to see her, I was so sure she would appear. Even when Brienne and Hound met up and they said "her mother is dead" I was sure that was some reassurance to the viewers, so they'd think "oh right she is dead" and then get mindfucked later when she appeared.

Either they show her next season or maybe they never have her, which would upset me greatly.

Not sure. These guys have an amazing story, amazing dialogue, amazing twists to use as cliffhangers, and yet they choose to write long winded speeches about people smashing beetles with a rock and make nonsense choices like having The Hound and Arya roll up to the bloody gate, announce themselves, and just saunter off unimpeded. Ending with a short 2 minute scene where Thoros strings up some Freys and LS walks out of the woods seems like the absolute perfect ending to the episode, but what do I know?

I'm starting to think they've just decided to cut her. Isn't Jon likely going to go through his resurrection next season too? Do you think they would bring back two characters in one season? I guess I wouldn't put it past them, but it would be shitty structuring if they did.

Also, with Tormund captured I don't know what purpose Val might serve next season other than making eyes at Jon. I think they might cut her part too now.

Ick, I'm going to have to eat my words from this entire season. I think it was a giant mistake to hold off on her. My best guess is that they wanted Brienne to be our eyes and ears into her introduction, but I think separating this two years from the red wedding makes it lose it's impact. There is also the chance she's simply not in. At the end of the day, we don't know the endgame, and the show runners do, but it would be so disappointing if book LS amounts to nothing.

Adding a character just to shock people for a while is silly. They'll introduce her with Brienne. Introducing her by herself would mean she's a main character when she isn't.

But they are not just simply adding a character. It is a reintroduction that, as well as in the book, is well placed at the end.

So disappointed about Lady Stoneheart! I kept hope all the way through the credits, thinking maybe they would throw it in at the very end. I feel like it's a huge mistake! If the wanted people to have something to talk about for the next 9 months, they should have ended the episode with her!

[emoji667] this.. I was waiting for the LS reveal and/or a very small shameful piece of me was waiting for a TWOW update [emoji20]

I imagine this is the same feeling I'll have if GRRM finishes the series and never says anything about R+L.

I know right? sometimes I think about that too. what if we never know? We assume that the widely accepted theories are almos cannon.

But what if they're not?

What if Jon just dies?

Archived