Season 5 Casting v.3 [spoilers included]

jentario

Angela Sarafyan could be very well some random wildling, even Joseph Gatt character was not more then that. Or maybe one of Mance spearwives. I suspect Hotah ethnicity will have no role on the show because Arianne is probably cut and even if she is not i doubt we will get Hotah backstory that ties him to her and other Doran children.

I was happy we will get Tyene, but i am not sure how much from her book version we will get. It seems she will be dark haired Ellaria seductive daughter, instead of blonde septa daughter with fake sweet and pious persona. I hope they atleast keep her double-faced and double-tongued. It will be needed if she should be send on the same mission as in the books.

If she's cut then they'd have to explain that. As of now, we don't have enough information to really worry about it. The major player in the Dornish plotline should really be assumed to be in until evidence suggests otherwise, and as many pointed out last thread, the "evidence" is rather thin.

As for the Sarafyan stuff, if we suspend our disbelief and pretend that this is credible information, then I'm wondering more and more if we may get Alys afterall. No idea what Wildling Jon would marry her to, but given that Jon isn't even LC yet, I can't see him being stabbed at the end of S5 (that would be what, 2 days after taking office?). I have a feeling they may want to delay his stabbing so that we don't lose Kit for an entire season (or close to it), so if that's the case, there's really little substantial material in his chapters. Yes, he makes a lot of small, political decisions that add up to his betrayal, but past Slynt's head, there's not much that is active. The Alys plotline could help break it up a bit.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Stannis's storyline could get changed. Didn't someone back in v1 of this thread say that he was going to attack the Dreadfort or something? I can't imagine who Sarafyan would be in that case, but "someone around Stannis" could really mean anything.

That "leak" was utter bullshit. You can probably count the number of people who've read the script drafts at the time on one hand and I don't think any one of them would leak it. It was just a few educated guesses, some of which might turn true and some not.

EDIT: And I do think the stabbing will happen in season 5. They can (and probably will) get through the LC election within the first two episodes, leaving enough time to cover an abridged version of Jon's ADWD arc. With that said, I also expected the LC election to be in the season 4 finale, so there's just no way to know how they'll do this.

I don't think we'll see Alys, but if we will Jon can always marry her to Tormund.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Stannis's storyline could get changed. Didn't someone back in v1 of this thread say that he was going to attack the Dreadfort or something? I can't imagine who Sarafyan would be in that case, but "someone around Stannis" could really mean anything.

I believe that was the professional troll, Foody, now banned, thankfully.

Angela Sarafyan could be very well some random wildling, even Joseph Gatt character was not more then that. Or maybe one of Mance spearwives.

That was interesting, considering the 'hoo-hah' over his casting.

He turned out to be a WO3 (walk-on three) with his epic...'It's time'. Though he did say it exceedingly well.

I believe that was the professional troll, Foody, now banned, thankfully.

Ah, couldn't remember who posted it. Go figure, lol. Still, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they change up Stannis's storyline a bit (maybe Sarafyan could lead a mountain clan :dunno: ).

That "leak" was utter bullshit. You can probably count the number of people who've read the script drafts at the time on one hand and I don't think any one of them would leak it. It was just a few educated guesses, some of which might turn true and some not.

EDIT: And I do think the stabbing will happen in season 5. They can (and probably will) get through the LC election within the first two episodes, leaving enough time to cover an abridged version of Jon's ADWD arc. With that said, I also expected the LC election to be in the season 4 finale, so there's just no way to know how they'll do this.

I don't think we'll see Alys, but if we will Jon can always marry her to Tormund.

Exactly. Before E09 and E10, I would have assumed Jon gets stabbed at the end of S5 too, but I feel like all predictions are kind of out the window now.

It seems rather silly to assume a brand new invented role for Sarafyan when there are already two ready made characters that fit the hint perfectly. Also the fact that she's been in a blockbuster like Twilight (though I've no idea how big a role she had) might suggest more than a bit part.

I think Angela Sarafyan would do well as Tyene or Alys Karstark. She does have amazing grey-ish eyes and looks young enough to be of age with Jon (on the show)

edit: and i know this is wishful thinking but i was hoping that they would cast someone more to Emilia's body-type for Arianne because she's kinda my hero for being sexy and being curvy at the same time.

It seems rather silly to assume a brand new invented role for Sarafyan when there are already two ready made characters that fit the hint perfectly. Also the fact that she's been in a blockbuster like Twilight (though I've no idea how big a role she had) might suggest more than a bit part.

IMO, it seems silly to assume any role for her given that our source is a random comment on WiC about a supposed tweet from her brother's friend, lol. But if we're taking that to be true, then the "someone around Stannis Baratheon" part should also be heeded.

Also, as Maisie Williams just put it, "they [D&D] can literally do anything." http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/25/maisie-williams-dark-change-arya-hopes-season-5/

IMO, it seems silly to assume any role for her given that our source is a random comment on WiC about a supposed tweet from her brother's friend, lol. But if we're taking that to be true, then the "someone around Stannis Baratheon" part should also be heeded.

Also, as Maisie Williams just put it, "they [D&D] can literally do anything." http://winteriscoming.net/2014/06/25/maisie-williams-dark-change-arya-hopes-season-5/

Well obviously we shouldn't take it as fact, but if we assume for the purposes of this thread that it's true Val or Alys already fit perfectly. They are "near Stannis". There's no reason for suppositions like "maybe they'll make a female mountain clan leader". And as for Alysanne, it's possible but surely if one thinks Val is cut (and hence don't think Sarafyan is her) why would they ever think Alysanne is cast?

Well, that's what she assumes, but I think her storyline will stay rather similar to the books (barring Jaqen becoming the Kindly Man).

Well obviously we shouldn't take it as fact, but if we assume for the purposes of this thread that it's true Val or Alys already fit perfectly. They are "near Stannis". There's no reason for suppositions like "maybe they'll make a female mountain clan leader". And as for Alysanne, it's possible but surely if one thinks Val is cut (and hence don't think Sarafyan is her) why would they ever think Alysanne is cast?

My comment about the clan leader, aside from it being somewhat tongue-in-cheek, was more that it would explain why the person said "around Stannis Baratheon" when "around Jon" or "at the Wall" would be better descriptors for Alys or Val. Truthfully, I'm going to be floored if we get any of these women, but who knows what they have planned. If they are planning on introducing Val, I'm a bit mystified why we haven't seen her yet, but maybe she's like the Reeds and just a bit late to the party.

Well, that's what she assumes, but I think her storyline will stay rather similar to the books (barring Jaqen becoming the Kindly Man).

Yeah, agreed. I was more using her words to point out that a lot of what's coming is anyone's guess (for any plotline). I think before the casting leaks no one could have predicted Jaime in Dorne, for instance.

My comment about the clan leader, aside from it being somewhat tongue-in-cheek, was more that it would explain why the person said "around Stannis Baratheon" when "around Jon" or "at the Wall" would be better descriptors for Alys or Val. Truthfully, I'm going to be floored if we get any of these women, but who knows what they have planned. If they are planning on introducing Val, I'm a bit mystified why we haven't seen her yet, but maybe she's like the Reeds and just a bit late to the party.

It actually makes perfect sense that we haven't seen Val yet. In S3 she would have been doing absolutely nothing, and in S4 we are only with Mance's camp for 1 episode. It would have involved casting Val for probably a single episode in S3 and/or 4 and then having her in several episodes for future seasons, which would have been difficult in regards to actor contracts. So there's not really any evidence either way for her being cut or included. So I give her even odds.

As to the tweet about Sarafyan, it's true that mentioning Jon or the Wall would be more accurate. But mentioning her role in relation to Stannis is not inaccurate and assuming it's true it could have just been the source teasing a little and obfuscating the truth.

That was interesting, considering the 'hoo-hah' over his casting.

He turned out to be a WO3 (walk-on three) with his epic...'It's time'. Though he did say it exceedingly well.

If they do some version if the Alys Kastark thing, maybe merged with fArya's escape, could Gatt not turn out to be the new Thenn leader she marries?

Maybe she's confusing Stannis with Roose Bolton like some viewers have been known to do.

Possibly, though that's going down the rabbit hole a bit. From there you could pretty much stretch it to any character. Just in the north though the possible female characters are:

• Val

Dalla

Jeyne

Alys

Lady Dustin

Mance's Spearwives

Alyssane Mormont

A random prostitute

She's too old to play Jeyne and too young to play Lady Dustin. So excluding those two, they're the options we have.

Sarafyan looks more like I picture Arianne. With her father being Dornish and her mother from Norvos.

With hair died blonde or a wig she could be Val. With darker hair maybe Alys (role likely merged with Jeyne IMO).

My vote is Val for her because she has great icy cold eyes and looks pretty regal.

Hair colour isn't really important to be honest. Especially as the reason Val is Blonde is to emphasise her being a striking beauty. Sarafyan already has a very striking look.

Also, why would Alys be someone near Stannis? Stannis had taken off by the time Alys showed up.

The Thenns being known cannibals took them out of the running as prospective husbands for Alys. Jon wouldn't marry her off to a cannibal. Assuming Alys makes it into the show--which I doubt--and she marries a wildling--which I also doubt--it will be Tormund, whom Jon knows and respects.

I do think all this speculation is overblown. Remember how fans speculated that Myranda was Myranda Royce and Violet was Val, and they turned out to be a couple of Ramsay groupies? We really should wait for more information. I think the safe default assumption when a pretty actress is cast is "eye candy" until proven otherwise.

Archived