Season 5 Casting v.3 [spoilers included]

jentario

lol i think its much easier to cut ungregor than LSH tbh. idk why D&D chose ungregor over LSH but w/e

It's not a binary either/or thing, where X character's inclusion means Y character's exclusion. UnGregor being included in the show has nothing to do with LSH being left out of or included in the show. If they wanted LSH, they'd make room for her, 10 hours in a season and a host of characters competing with her for screen time notwithstanding. If they didn't want her, other characters being cut would not bring LSH any closer to being included. They seem to have decided for whatever reason that they didn't want LSH, and that's the end of it.

Also, TV Gregor is not "UnGregor" in the show. He is on the verge of death, but he is not actually dead. Qyburn is not going to revive a dead man; he is going to save the life of a living man. The end result might look the same--a soulless husk and a perfect killing machine--but UnGregor is a zombie while TV Robert Strong will not be.

Her lack of casting in seasons in which she wouldn't appear it all is worrisome? :huh:

What I mean is that they haven't had any book material to adapt for Theon in S3 and 4. So it would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce Jeyne Poole as a fellow prisoner of Theon, and set up the marriage plot. As it is if the plot is included in S5 it's going to come completely out of nowhere. The fact that there hasn't been so much as an ounce of set up for the plot is worrisome. But without Jeyne the plot simply cannot exist as it does in the books.

What I mean is that they haven't had any book material to adapt for Theon in S3 and 4. So it would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce Jeyne Poole as a fellow prisoner of Theon, and set up the marriage plot. As it is if the plot is included in S5 it's going to come completely out of nowhere. The fact that there hasn't been so much as an ounce of set up for the plot is worrisome. But without Jeyne the plot simply cannot exist as it does in the books.

D and D never set anything up and farya only requires about 2 minutes of set up.

I dont think they will introduce the farya plot, especially since D&D already think the viewers are stupid by renaming characters since they sound similar, even though see is obviously an imposter. However they could still introduce her, but I doubt they will. They will most likely just make Stannis and the North to go straight for WF to overthrow the Boltons. And perhaps they make Theon visit Godswood where Bran communicates with him and reminds him who he is, and he escapes that way from WF

Not a word last year about the arrival of a Dornish delegation to KL, so it's always possible that Jeyne be quickly introduced in the show early next season. It would take a couple of lines from Roose and Ramsay (and Reek) to establish her.

Theon escaping by himself and not saving her would pretty much eliminate any redemption for him and any payoff for the arc. Plus ramsay is just going to remain single, how are the boltons going to extend there line.

^ Yeah !

Speaking of the Winterfell storyline in s5, it wouldnt require that much of a screentime and new cast members to pull it off properly :

- A "fake Arya" equivalent.

- Wyman Manderly.

- One or two other Northern Lords.

- A spearwife to accompany Mance.

And those last ones would be relatively minor roles to cast.

5 episodes would be enough to pull the entire Winterfell arc next season, imo.

Am I the only one who took this article as mostly a discussion about LSH not being in the S4 finale, and not necessarily about what will or won't happen for the remaining seasons? Granted, I think we are getting to a point where it's just too late to introduce LSH, as Cat will have been believed to have been deader than a doornail for almost two years by the time the show returns again.

Also, I'm not sure why some seem so certain that The Mountain won't officially die, I found the Qyburn scene to be very vague in the finale. The fate of The Mountain could go either way, he dies and is Qyburnsteined back to life and service or.......he doesn't die and is 'changed,' LOL

I do wonder if both of these issues, no LSH so far, and not having a clear indication about The Mountain being expected to die first are the show runners way of trying to be 'cute' about reanimations and........the want of a SHOCK if they should decide to spring LSH on us in the opening of S5.

I could see something like this, they value shock over sense more and more, IMO.

ETA: I can just see MF's answers to equate to Cat being dead, and while I am one who does doubt we will get LSH at this point, trying to predict how far D&D are willing to go with tricking and shocking the audience has iffy odds.

I am with you. The final answer will not be known until s5. Everything I have read on the show and LS could be either lack of knowledge of the specific future plans (Graves) or word plays (Fairley) because LS or not, Catelyn IS dead. So I will wait and see and not be all that concerned about it either way. If LS is important she will be there.

I agree with Lady Fevre Dream. I don't think the article http://www.huffingto...kusaolp00000592 is about LSH being totally cut from the story. She still may be in the story one way or the other.

Fairley has also said in other interviews that she has never read the books and has no idea about whats going to happen. I think any of her answers to the interviewer were just ignorant actor knee jerk answers "whatever's best for the show, the show runners are brilliant, (insert good P.R. answer here), blah blah blah". Unless casting for S5 is done and shes not in the mix, LSH may come back in one way or another.

On the other hand, having resurrection be a possibility in the TV universe may reduce the tension of character deaths. TV viewers would be saying "Well why can't the red god just bring back anyone we like". It may be better to keep the fantasy elements to a minimum.

On the other other hand, from a TV viewers perspective they were hit with Jason and the Argonaut skeletons, elves who shoot fireballs, an elder elf guy whose going to teach Bran to "fly", and franken'mountain all in one episode. So we're no longer lacking in fantasy elements.

The show will be one of the better shows on TV with or without LSH. Its just not really ASOIAF anymore. I prefer the books being the Superior version of this story anyway.

yep

So.......hopes raised then dashed on the Cinnamon Wind yesterday. That kinda sucked. I really don't see why they would leave the Cinnamon Wind out though.

Maybe they'll combine Xhondo and Salador Saan? Or have Jaquen help Sam since it might be important for him to get to Oldtown?

Maybe they'll combine Xhondo and Salador Saan? Or have Jaquen help Sam since it might be important for him to get to Oldtown?

It is possible. Or maybe the Cinnamon Wind will end up being a boat that Vic captures on the way to Meereen, and it has Moqorro on it. Or a merged Marwyn/Moqorro character.

Random, crackpot idea. Could Angela Sarafyan play young Melony in a flash back or vision ("Lot Seven"). Mel is definitely close to Stannis.

I very much doubt it. Any flashbacks will happen via Bran IMO, so would never show Mel's personal history.

Archived