The Dornish Master Plan

TheDarkEye

I keep hearing this mentioned, and I'd like to know what its about, but my husband just bought Watchdogs, so I can't really play a you tube video right now, it would be like him sticking one on during GOT. lol.

Any chance of a written explanation?

I keep hearing this mentioned, and I'd like to know what its about, but my husband just bought Watchdogs, so I can't really play a you tube video right now, it would be like him sticking one on during GOT. lol.

Any chance of a written explanation?

It is way to much to try and summarize. It is 4 10 minute videos, but he pulled out everything to support his case and basically he summed up that the Martells entire focus was tearing down the Lannisters.

Starting iwth Oberyn really went down to Kings Landing to kill Tywin and knew his reputation with poison would put the focus on him, so he was going to demand a trial by combat and use that as his opportunity to kill the Mountain. Joffery getting offed, kind of threw akink in that plan, but he got the same result and was willing to do what he had to do even if it meant death.

It also went on to say that the Brave Companions were really a Martell sell sword company and they had a "hand" in chopping off Jaime's hand. And the biggest thing is that Qyburn is really a Martell plant and he is doing everything to benefit them.

I am not doing the video justice, but that is really the premise behind it all except with great facts and backup.

really makes youu think.

I can't even describe how awesome this is, he certainly did his research. Not sure about the whole Brave Companions thing, but he sure is convincing. It is indeed hard to believe that Doran's master plan of 17 years was to marry Arianne to Viserys, or to let Quentyn marry Daenerys when the first proposal didn't work out that well. There's far more to his whole master plan than it seems when first reading through all the Dorne chapters. This guy really put together some nice research and an awesome theory. Need to watch part 2.

I think the author of these videos posts here under Skinchanging Sweetrobin. They have summarised a lot of good theories I've seen from these boards (e.g. Oberyn poisoning Tywin, Brave Companions, and in other videos, Mance writing the letter) and analysis blogs, as well as adding their own content. It's the latter part where it falls down for me. Works up to a point, but they stretch it too far. I don't agree with several purported parts of the plan such as the Martells attempting to steal dragons (or eggs) and Mirri Maz Duur being a Dornish agent. I certainly don't agree with Quentyn being alive.

I think the author of these videos posts here under Skinchanging Sweetrobin. They have summarised a lot of good theories I've seen from these boards (e.g. Oberyn poisoning Tywin, Brave Companions, and in other videos, Mance writing the letter) and analysis blogs, as well as adding their own content. It's the latter part where it falls down for me. Works up to a point, but they stretch it too far. I don't agree with several purported parts of the plan such as the Martells attempting to steal dragons (or eggs) and Mirri Maz Duur being a Dornish agent. I certainly don't agree with Quentyn being alive.

100% with you, thank you for the poster's name.

OK, Thanks for attempting a summary for me. I'll have to endeavour to watch it at some point. I'm interested to see what he's come up with to support these ideas, some I can see, others I'm thinking WTF? where has he pulled that from.

He got the order of Elia and Aegon's deaths wrong

The Mountain actually killed Aegon, and then raped Elia with the blood of her son upon his hands before killing her

The more you know :cool4:

Agree with Oberyn poisoning Tywin but I don't buy Brave Companions and Dorne.

Also I don't think Quentyn is alive. I think Doran abandoned Viserys/Dany long ago and joined the Black Dragon. He even sent Mellario as Septa Lemore to raise the future husband of Arianne.

So, Doran basically ignored Quentyn and sent him to a doomed quest without supplying him any aid.

Didn't realise SS had posted Part 4. Again, I find some real insight and good questions, such as Oberyn hanging out in Oldtown prior to the Yronwood duel, but much of it just doesn't work for me. Why would the Martells be so opposed to the incestuous nature of Targaryens when they are descended from that same incest too through the first Daenerys? Why does Dornish law make Arianne the ruler of Westeros, when the Martells have never laid claim to anywhere beyond Dorne's current borders?

Marwyn is an interesting character who has been mentioned since book 1 and has his hands in several places all over the map. I can't believe I never put together the Cinnamon Wind as the same boat for Sam and Dany, I knew it sounded familiar when Sam was on it, but ignored it. With that said, I can't see his Mirri Dornish agent theory and I don't know how we would find out, but her connections to Marwyn are undeniable.

Are there any good Marwyn posts that anyone know of?

Agree with Oberyn poisoning Tywin but I don't buy Brave Companions and Dorne.

Also I don't think Quentyn is alive. I think Doran abandoned Viserys/Dany long ago and joined the Black Dragon. He even sent Mellario as Septa Lemore to raise the future husband of Arianne.

So, Doran basically ignored Quentyn and sent him to a doomed quest without supplying him any aid.

There is zero reason to think that Mellario is Septa Lemore, and Arianne's future husband was supposed to be Viserys. Doran sent Arianne to meet with Aegon to determine whether or not he's fake. If he'd known about Aegon all along, there would have been no reason to do that.

Also, Mellario was never a Septa. Lemore provided Aegon's training in the Faith of the Seven. We don't even know if the Norvoshi believe in the Seven.

Archived