More homosexuality in the series

TheWitch

Just because Satin was a whore that doesn't mean he was gay or liked what he was doing- it also doesn't mean he didn't- I always took it that people treated him poorly because of what he was-through no fault of his own- which is why Jon sympathizes with him-

sex- whether it is gay or straight -adds nothing to the story- The only sexcapades that matter to the plot is the twincest- I don't need people representing or mirroring my sexuality in this book- I don't need more or less LGBT - I don't need to read about people mashing their parts together-regardless of the parts they have- I know how it all works- it doesn't really need to be spelled out (imo). I also don't pay much attention to the all the 'roasted squash laced with the Tears of Lys' either- I also know what food is and don't require much description-

Yeah, sure...

so obviously we don't need description of lights and shadows and sunsets and trees and anything not plot relevant only for the sake of atmosphere either.

And although sex is sometimes just sex, it's mostly about love and relationships. And it happens to be the case that sometimes people of the same sex are involved.

I agree.

Then I probably expressed myself wrong. You opposed the idea of the story touching homosexuality more prominently on the base of properties of medieval societies. But the same argument wouldn't have allowed aSoIaF to have a openly brother-sister incestuous dynasty.

Id like a POV gay character at this point (I know, no new POVs)

But I wouldn't mind for one to show up, like him or her dealing in their own mind about it and living in this world.

Possibly Westeros is a lot less homophobic than real medieval Europe, but let's face it. Gay is not accepted in Westeros, there's a reason Renly married Marg and not Loras.

I'd much rather a gay POV character having inner dialogue about themselves than just some HBO style token gay sex scenes thrown in there.

And by gay, I mean far less ambiguous than JonCon

Then I probably expressed myself wrong. You opposed the idea of the story touching homosexuality more prominently on the base of properties of medieval societies. But the same argument wouldn't have allowed aSoIaF to have a openly brother-sister incestuous dynasty.

Yes but I said at this point openly gay characters emerging would change the dynamics of the series and I think it would feel unnatural but if they had openly gay characters from the behining it would have set a precedent and it wouldn't be a big deal.

I'd like it if GRRM included a few gay sex scenes to balance out the straight ones. What I wouldn't want is a character trying to come to terms with his sexuality or dealing with a homophobic society. That would be terrible. What I like about the books is that there are gay characters but no-one goes on about it because there are more important thing going on.

Almost every POV character discusses their sexuality with inner dialogue in some way, I don't see why a gay POV would be petty to do the same.

Yeah you're right, but I was mainly thinking that it would be weird if Jon Connington started debating his sexuality in his POV. He's got a king to overthrow.

I don't think it has.

There is nothing derogatory about the word homosexuality.

All I know is if I addressed any of my LGBT friends as homosexual, I'd get slapped (or in the case of one buddy, get my teeth knocked out).

But generally, yes, it's moving that way, if not there already, depending on where you live.

All I know is if I addressed any of my LGBT friends as homosexual, I'd get slapped (or in the case of one buddy, get my teeth knocked out).

But generally, yes, it's moving that way, if not there already, depending on where you live.

Well that's weird. It's not exactly a word you'd call your friend because it's kind of formal and even scientific, but it's definitely not offensive.

Archived