What Houses Do You Wish We Knew More About?

Roddy the Ruin

Every minor house, mentioned in passing, with no (or next to no) known members. Just a paragraph or two explaining who the head of the family is, what their arms are, how long they've been around, and where their lands are would be fan-flippin'-tastic. Hopefully we'll finally get something like that with the GRRMarillion. Hopefully.

Every minor house, mentioned in passing, with no (or next to no) known members. Just a paragraph or two explaining who the head of the family is, what their arms are, how long they've been around, and where their lands are would be fan-flippin'-tastic. Hopefully we'll finally get something like that with the GRRMarillion. Hopefully.

What about the Untold History of Westeros? Here's the Amazon description. This was actually my first thought when I saw this thread, someone is trying to plug this book!

If the past is prologue, then George R. R. Martin’s masterwork—the most inventive and entertaining fantasy saga of our time—warrants one hell of an introduction. At long last, it has arrived with The World of Ice & Fire.

This lavishly illustrated volume is a comprehensive history of the Seven Kingdoms, providing vividly constructed accounts of the epic battles, bitter rivalries, and daring rebellions that lead to the events of A Song of Ice and Fire and HBO’s Game of Thrones. In a collaboration that’s been years in the making, Martin has teamed with Elio M. García, Jr., and Linda Antonsson, the founders of the renowned fan site Westeros.org—perhaps the only people who know this world almost as well as its visionary creator.

Collected here is all the accumulated knowledge, scholarly speculation, and inherited folk tales of maesters and septons, maegi and singers, including

• full-color artwork and maps, with more than 170 original pieces

• full family trees for Houses Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen

• in-depth explorations of the history and culture of Westeros

• 100% all-new material, more than half of which Martin wrote specifically for this book

The definitive companion piece to George R. R. Martin’s dazzlingly conceived universe, The World of Ice & Fire is indeed proof that the pen is mightier than a storm of swords.

I second Dayne and Reed.

House Dayne seems to be integral to much of the history and prophecy of the series yet there is little information available (leading me to believe there will be some big reveals in the next 2+ books).

House Reed, well, because it's also a house with a member who was at the ToJ yet can confirm R-+L=J. I've been waiting to be introduced to Howland ever since I read the ToJ scene.

What about the Untold History of Westeros? Here's the Amazon description. This was actually my first thought when I saw this thread, someone is trying to plug this book!

The World of Ice and Fire looks to be dealing with the major houses, first and foremost. I suspect anything we get of lesser known families will only be in relation to them. I'll be well and truly chuffed if that isn't the case, though.

• House Lothston

House Durrendon

House Uller

House Darklyn

House Greystark

House Bolton

House Marsh

House Stokeworth

Archived