What Are You Listening to XIV: For We Are The Music Makers, And We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams

Inigima

It's an older one, but I recently picked up Trentmøller's "The Last Resort", and goddamn I am really enjoying it. Tracks seem to alternate between warm, kind of "xylophone-tone" (I don't know how else to put it) and that really cold spacy techno... But it still feels cohesive, like a movie with two separate but parallel story lines that are more intricately connected than you realize at first... Shit, I'd almost call this beautiful. Somewhere between Ivan Shmegge and Forrest Swords.

The Very Last Resort

wow. Really, REALLY like this. Cheers.

maybe you might like this if you don't know it already (amon tobin)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bgWywTdqMws

Jesus. Slowdive show was a mystic fuckin experience. And Rachel Goswell was exactly as beautiful as more than twenty years ago when I first fell in love with her. :)

Now Fuck Buttons and then Belle & Sebastian.

Great festival.

Did I mention Slowdive show? I'm drunk and stoned and happy.

Oh my god, they were playing this in work today!!!!! I was really cheeky and when there was no management arround I kept repeating ''Moonage daydream'' and ''Cherry Bomb'' lol

Having watched the film earlier, I was just listening to Moonage Daydream again, perhaps if they were going to include a song from that Bowie album I'm not sure how they managed to resist Starman which would seem to be an obvious fit but they did make good use of Moonage Daydream.

Having watched the film earlier, I was just listening to Moonage Daydream again, perhaps if they were going to include a song from that Bowie album I'm not sure how they managed to resist Starman which would seem to be an obvious fit but they did make good use of Moonage Daydream.

Moonage Daydream is one of my favourites so I was loving it :P have to watch the film now

Great song.

Yeah, it really is. The whole album is great tbh :) very underrated. I know this particular song is kinda well known-ish, but haven't really come across too many fans of the actual band, so I listened to the album and was pretty surprised to discover there's songs o there that are almost as or just as neat as it :P

Yeah, it really is. The whole album is great tbh :) very underrated. I know this particular song is kinda well known-ish, but haven't really come across too many fans of the actual band, so I listened to the album and was pretty surprised to discover there's songs o there that are almost as or just as neat as it :P

I must admit I don't know much of The Only Ones beyond that song. In my mp3 collection I do have four songs by them but three of them are slightly different versions of Another Girl, Another Planet, and one of The Beast, which is apparently from the same album. I should probably follow your recommendation and try listening to the full album sometime.

Archived