G--DK-ND(BBHN)XI

BranTheBuilder

I fear my debating skills can be better too;) But I try. Goodkind is just too horrible.

Cheers for your support by the way. That thread was quite interesting given that the most balanced pro-Goodkind supporters (Egwene and Kadere) were both very mild in their praise (Egwene, obviously given the SN, massively prefers WoT and Kadere actually ranks GRRM higher), whilst the most rabid ones were unable to respond to any of the actual points raised.

Cheers for your support by the way. That thread was quite interesting given that the most balanced pro-Goodkind supporters (Egwene and Kadere) were both very mild in their praise (Egwene, obviously given the SN, massively prefers WoT and Kadere actually ranks GRRM higher), whilst the most rabid ones were unable to respond to any of the actual points raised.

Moral celery does require responding to "points". Moral celery merely means when you have it, you're right and everyone else is wrong. It's the equivalent of the "Nyah! Nyah!" Debate Form.

I suppose I could do a "When Richard met Kahlan" bit, that'll work.

I'm counting down to my wedding.

Congratulations, MM. Is that why you're taking a vacation? ;)

As for the QotD, Wow, Richard really has a sharp eye for detail! He even sees the weave of the dress, even if Kahlan was far from him. Wow.

Isn't that because he's 'special'? IIRC there was a QotD with some guy noticing every detail on the dress etc. of his (I don't remember exactly, but I'd guess) rape victim? Wasn't that Richard's brother? Maybe they share this 'special' trait?

I think that would be Jagang and his travelling pants. :P

Isn't that because he's 'special'? IIRC there was a QotD with some guy noticing every detail on the dress etc. of his (I don't remember exactly, but I'd guess) rape victim? Wasn't that Richard's brother? Maybe they share this 'special' trait?

Drefan prided himself on his eye for detail while he was getting ready to slice and dice the hooker he was with.

Congratulations, MM. Is that why you're taking a vacation? ;)

As for the QotD, Wow, Richard really has a sharp eye for detail! He even sees the weave of the dress, even if Kahlan was far from him. Wow.

Yup, September 13th.

Richard's raptor-like gaze can see for miles.

Wert, Wert, why do you keep doing this to yourself? Trying to reason with Goodkind fans just gives you a headache and wears out your keyboard. :P

Wert is our other, unsung, TG hero. MM might be hitting up the QotD, but Wert actually gets down and dirty on the front lines of, well, let's just say stubborness... :P

Indeed. Bashing TG here is the equivalent of sitting ten miles behind your lines firing off artillery shells, whilst I'm more of the SAS operating behind enemy lines :) Or something.

But no, it's not possible to debate with rabid TG fans, but talking to the half-and-halves ("Well I liked the first few books but the later ones suck,") can be interesting and fun. And I got one guy on the board there to take a look at ASoIaF, so there you go.

She held him with her gaze as surely as a grip of iron would, searching his eyes as if searching his soul, seeking an answer to something.
- so Kahlan's eyes can do weird things too, fantastic!

And I almost felt sad reading this quote - Richard sounds like such a nice person, though we know differently:

He never allowed himself to lose his temper, and could usually turn scowls to smiles with his easy manner. If talk didn’t work, he was quick enough and strong enough to stop threats before anyone was hurt, and if need be he would simply walk away.

Probably personality follows the same rules as moral clarity in Goodkind's world - the Truth is that Richard's personality is gentle and good-natured, and the fact that he spends his entire life on the verge of UNCONTROLLABLE FURY and kills everyone that disagrees with him has no bearing on that Truth...

ETA: Or, (more likely), Goodkind has decided that he will make Richard a noble character, and thinks that just saying "Richard is nice" every so often is sufficient character development and will make everyone ignore what Richard actually does.

It's all a question of perspective and relativity. Richard is a nice person in a very very very very very bad world. Just like the Dalai Lama is a nice person in our world.

Any day now Tibetan refugees will be sneaking into China to slaughter the people, burn down their cities and salt their fields. Somehow this will only take a couple weeks to accomplish.

:rofl: I love it! I can just see the Dalai Lama fighting 30 men at the same time, massacring peace protestors and requesting a collection of enemy ears :lol:

I don't think the D. L. is on the side of Truth, however. Non-violent protest? We all know what TG thinks of that...

I'd guess so. If the Dalai Lama was a real hero, he'd take all those Shaolin monks and go kick the Chine's arses to Nirvana and back until they get their aforementioned arses out of Tibet. And then he would kill them anyway, of course.

Archived