ACROPHOBIA 7: Fan Theories - Game Over

Dany Lannister

Interesting stuff. I do quite like a lot of it but my only major issues are Jon Connington's behaviour and Ashara's motives.

Why would Jon Con (and Varys for that matter) refer to Aegon as Aegon if he is not Aegon (if that makes sense)? Presumably they'd give him a different name if the real Aegon truly was killed and this (f)Aegon was born to Lyanna at the TOJ?

If Lemore = Ashara, what are her motives for giving up her highborn existence at Starfall to spend her best years posing as a Septa for a son of R+L?

This probably isn't the right place to have this discussion but...

JC, The Golden Company, Varys, etc... were either lied to or were willing to accept Rhaegar's son as their leader.

Ashara's a tougher guess. But She was dishonored at Harrenhal and/or she loved Eddard enough to protect his son.

JC, The Golden Company, Varys, etc... were either lied to or were willing to accept Rhaegar's son as their leader.

Ashara's a tougher guess. But She was dishonored at Harrenhal and/or she loved Eddard enough to protect his son.

Ashara was a Targ loyalist, and might have been in on the prophecies. Protecting/helping Rhaegar's son is a given for her. No mystery there.

16. Hidden genealogy obsession abounds. Why? Secrets.... -Fragile Bird 1st: Howlin'H, AssHat, Lord L 2nd: Reek, leek, Dolorous G 3rd: ghost

Awwwwwww, thanks guys! I really appreciated that!

I missed the previous round, since I got too busy and didn't send in any of the entries I was working on, and the round before I didn't get a single vote, after a strong first round. :crying: :bawl:

That's the first time I've been one of the winners of the round, though I figure I was top since I got the most points. :D That should be taken by everyone as encouragement, to go from not a single point to getting the most!

This round is once again, very strong. I can honestly say I like every entry, and I had to think about each and every one in order to pick the three finalists. my first and second choices were almost too close to call.

First - 14. Relationship undone inhumanely. Tysha quietly journeyed east.

Second - 9. Right under Imp's throbbing, quivering joystick! Eewww.

I liked these two because they are sort of opposite sides of the same coin. I liked the gross factor for #9. :lol:

Third - 1. Riddle unhinges Imp - trigger quiets jeering elder A slightly different take on the topic :)

This one cracked me up :lmao:

Ashara was a Targ loyalist, and might have been in on the prophecies. Protecting/helping Rhaegar's son is a given for her. No mystery there.

Surely mainly because she was friends with Elia? If the son she's helping/protecting is the product of her close friend's husband and another woman whom he crowned QoLaB and ran off with, I just struggle to see the motivation. If Ashara is Lemore, her motivation would be stronger if Aegon truly is the Aegon thought to have been killed in the KL sack, because he's her close friend's son.

I don't like being negative. I do really like HH's theory and think there are elements of truth to it. I just like scrutinising.

I was more or less familiar with all the Benjen theories, but I just reviewed all the links and now I think my brain hurts. :stillsick:

Benjen = Daario makes me feel ill. :ack:

But you know, I don't mind the Euron = Daario one... :lol:

Surely mainly because she was friends with Elia? If the son she's helping/protecting is the product of her close friend's husband and another woman whom he crowned QoLaB and ran off with, I just struggle to see the motivation. If Ashara is Lemore, her motivation would be stronger if Aegon truly is the Aegon thought to have been killed in the KL sack, because he's her close friend's son.

I don't like being negative. I do really like HH's theory and think there are elements of truth to it. I just like scrutinising.

It depends on the circumstances. There's a lot we don't know. Was she actually friends with Elia, or just required to take her turn as a lady-in-waiting like most noble girls? Was she friends with Lyanna at any point? Was Elia on board with everything that happened for some reason (prophecy being the best bet on this one)? Arthur was Rhaegar's best friend, so chances are the Daynes were loyalists in general. And with word of Rhaenys and Aegon being dead, Ashara might well get on board to protect one of the last remaining Targs, regardless of who his parents were. After all, the baby was innocent no matter what.

I guess we'll see when TWoW comes out...or not. I hope at least some of this gets covered though. Looking forward to some fan theories being confirmed, and others being debunked. :D

I have to say, Dany Lannister, you made a great choice of the theme for this game! And you're doing a splendid job of hosting. Sorry DG, HH, and I have gone OT.

What is OT, Lady B?

HH - Heh, heh, I always think my submissions are worth at least a few votes, so it's disappointing when I realize I was too obtuse or subtle, and no one got it. So I really appreciated the votes. :)

OT - off topic

HH is right, it was a great entry. Getting that many votes when the competition is so strong is no mean feat.

What is OT, Lady B?

HH - Heh, heh, I always think my submissions are worth at least a few votes, so it's disappointing when I realize I was too obtuse or subtle, and no one got it. So I really appreciated the votes. :)

I think I'm the opposite, I think my answers are garbage until I start collecting votes.

OT - off topic

HH is right, it was a great entry. Getting that many votes when the competition is so strong is no mean feat.

I must be tired, I kept trying to thinking of "something" theory! :lol:

I think I'm the opposite, I think my answers are garbage until I start collecting votes.

I always start by thinking my entry will get some votes, it's only after all the entries are posted that my heart drops!

First: 8. Residing under immense Titan? Query justly explained!

Second:11. Rejected union inhibited "thirst-quenching" journeys Eastward.

Third: 14. Relationship undone inhumanely. Tysha quietly journeyed east.

Archived