ACROPHOBIA 7: Fan Theories - Game Over

Dany Lannister

Despite getting nil votes in a recent round (a real trauma), I have fought my way back from obscurity to mediocrity, and am now sitting safely about the middle of the list. I expect to drop after this round, so I thought I'd share my happy feeling now.

Thanks to everybody who had voted for me in this game, glad you liked my entries, I have certainly got a kick out of reading everybody else's.

And thanks to the cool, calm and collected hostess, of course.

FIRST# 14. Very, very nice. I think you may have shot yourself in the foot with the obscure reference to Daario's sword but the reference to Quaithe's warning about the 'perfumed seneschal'? Brilliant.

Thank you for the moment you liked it! :ninja:

first 12. Genealogically risky, remarkable mystery.
second 13. Greatly researched regal minor.
third 1. Great royal relationship mishap.

Thank you for the moment you liked it! :ninja: first 12. Genealogically risky, remarkable mystery. second 13. Greatly researched regal minor.third 1. Great royal relationship mishap.

No problem, an underappreciated entry I think.

Thanks to everyone's appreciation of Yeomanly that helped me get in the top three last round! :-D I admit that's probably the answer I'm most proud of this game, depsite Kraken popping up in other's answers.

Last round was hard but I'm pleased to see so many good entries. Votes forthcoming...

EDIT:

FIRST# 10. Greywater's Reed resolves mindboggler

Love the wording, use of mindboggler and reference to Reed's homeland secure first place!

SECOND# 16. Given: Robert's Rebellion's motive.

You approached the topic from a different angle than most, a unique entry!

THIRD# 12. Genealogically risky, remarkable mystery.

I like the wording in this one.

Honourable mention to 7. for application of the word 'groovy'!

Great game everyone.

This one kept me up all night as I told Dany L when I submitted it. The letters were appropriate, but very tough and confining. Add to that, I knew the level of creativity I was going up against - that made me toss & turn even more! If there's ever a TV version of this game, you guys should definitely be among the first contestants.

Well played!

First: 10. Greywater's Reed resolves mindboggler I hope you're right, but I bet GRRM kills off Reed and we find out in some unforeseen way.

Second: 13. Greatly researched regal minor. Having recently spent a lot of time on the fast moving R+L=J vesion 92 (3?) thread, the words, "greatly researched" speak loudly to me. :)

Third: 11. Greenseer reveals right mother I am forced to give this one points for using the word "Greenseer" angry with myself for not thinking of it!

Honorable mention: 16. Given: Robert's Rebellion's motive. This one has gotten love from other voters and deservedly so. Well said!

HM #2: 1. Great royal relationship mishap.This one is fun to say and to read. Nice rhythm.

HM #3: 6. Gen2etics riddle, rigged ma2sterfully. This one is fun and mystifying. No idea why there are exponents in the middle of it (with no "=" sign to signify an equation), but it's eye catching.

HM #4: 3. George's readers: Riddlemanipula Martinmaximus. The faux Latin reminds me of HP which is always a plus.

HM #5: 2. Got roses - Rhaegar's moll. Hope this one gets some points for the use of the word, "moll". And the rose ref - the only one!

Good job everybody!

Voting while I have the chance. On holiday and connectivity is iffy.

First #6. Gen2etics riddle, rigged ma2sterfully.

SECOND #10. Greywater's Reed resolves mindboggler

#third 13. Greatly researched regal minor.

Btw thanks to FB for my solitary third. Much appreciated!

@DG - I really enjoyed the Stannis-like teeth grit. LOL For some reason I always picture him as looking kind of adorable when he does that....

Who says I didn't look adorable doing it? 'Twas a fine entry.

Here are my votes:

1st. - 9. Given: Rhaegar real motherf*cker

2nd. - 11. Greenseer reveals right mother

3rd. - 2. Got roses - Rhaegar's moll.

Don't lie, you voted for me twice... and now you're disqualified. New leader in the clubhouse!

Hahaha!

Very difficult to narrow down. I have 9 I really like... well, 10 if you count mine! :P

1) 4. George's readership resolves mystery

2) 5. "Greatest riddle" resolved, mostly.

3) 13. Greatly researched regal minor.

1.16- Given: Robert's Rebellion's motive.

2. 6-. Gen2etics riddle, rigged ma2sterfully.

3. 4- George's readership resolves mystery.

This is just practice for the next game.Looks like fun and thanks to Dany for hosting it.

This is just practice for the next game.Looks like fun and thanks to Dany for hosting it.

Another recruit? Fantastic.

Welcome to the addiction, redriver

For the record, I'm willing to give hosting a go. Alternatively I could try hosting the game I made up and detailed very basically in the leftovers thread, either alongside or instead of the next acrophobia. I was thinking of calling it 'acrophilia' - acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin. I won't be able to start hosting till next week though.

Another recruit? Fantastic.

Welcome to the addiction, redriver

For the record, I'm willing to give hosting a go. Alternatively I could try hosting the game I made up and detailed very basically in the leftovers thread, either alongside or instead of the next acrophobia. I was thinking of calling it 'acrophilia' - acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin. I won't be able to start hosting till next week though.

Sounds intriguing.I want both philia and phobia!

Good stuff. I only started with this game and it's been a lot of fun, a really friendly, talented group!

Good stuff. I only started with this game and it's been a lot of fun, a really friendly, talented group!

And thanks to the cool, calm and collected hostess, of course.

I've enjoyed hosting! It's been great fun as this is a smart, funny group of peeps :)

I hate it when people start saying what a great game it was, and thanking the host/hostess...because that means...it's...it's...over. :bawl: :crying:

But it has been an awesome game, and Dany Lannister was a great hostess. :D

DG, I'm down with the Acrophilia game if it gets going! But you might not want to host two games at once (just a thought).

#1 5. "Greatest riddle" resolved, mostly.

#2 8. Gladly Rhaegar's. Remains Mum.

#3 14. Guessing risks rebooting MOtherboard!

I just realised I haven't voted. My choices have changed since I first looked, a hard to choose round.

DG, I'm down with the Acrophilia game if it gets going! But you might not want to host two games at once (just a thought).

No I was really thinking I could start the acrophilia game if someone else hosted the new acrophobia.

I'm happy either way really.

Archived