Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Second, if Doran doesn't have a daughter it doesn't change the reality of Dorne's laws. I don't understand at all the notion that Myrcella's rights according to Dornish law are somehow irrelevant if Dorne itself is not having a similar dispute around Arianne. The two things are separate.

Dornish inheritance will still be a thing, even without Arianne. It's just that Show!Doran doesn't have to worry about it because he only has a son. In the books, the Sand Snakes want war because of Oberyn's death, and Tyene suggests the Queenmaker plot to Doran as one way of getting it. If you read the transcript of Obara's interview (2nd post on the first page), the Snakes talk about the plot in the context of vengeance.

I don't love that they're telling this without Arianne (quite the opposite, actually), but I do trust them to let the Snakes take this expanded role and do something cool. Streamlining makes sense this late in the game.

If they are keeping Dornish inheritance the same why didn't LADY Blackmont come with Oberyn? Why didn't he mention coming with his mother to CR instead of his father. It seems those women in power have been replaced by men if they were keeping it the same why not just have kept those people the gender they were? There was a lot of talk about bastards in Dorne but not much about the differences in how it treats women, it would have been easy to slip it in.

I'm truly confused about the plot with the Ironborn next season. What is Yara going to be doing exactly? Going back north doesn't make much sense for her now that Roose has taken Moat Cailin and Winterfell. But with no other Greyjoy uncles announced, what does that leave for her? I'm hoping Victarion gets announced later this year. I know a lot of people see him as extraneous and a dumb character but I find him really interesting. And I think if you see his purpose as just 'bringing Dany boats' then you really need to read those books again.

If they are keeping Dornish inheritance the same why didn't LADY Blackmont come with Oberyn? Why didn't he mention coming with his mother to CR instead of his father. It seems those women in power have been replaced by men if they were keeping it the same why not just have kept those people the gender they were? There was a lot of talk about bastards in Dorne but not much about the differences in how it treats women, it would have been easy to slip it in.

I don't know what the show will do, and it does seem very possible that they will cut the difference in Dorne's laws and make the plot about the injustice of those laws, instead of them actually being different in Dorne.

My point is simply that to me it does not make sense to argue that Arianne being cut is important because of that. The real drama of the Queenmaker plot is around Myrcella's claim, not Arianne's. So Arianne's jealously motive in getting involved in the plot doesn't matter very much, all it did reall was give Arianne motive. But TrystNe already has motive - since he seems to have genuine affection for Myrcella.

Less than half the Martells we expected.

No Greyjoys.

No cold hands.

But Obera is played by a superb New Zearland actress who.. I didn't expect her to play Obera I was thinking Lady Nym.

It's bad we didnt get Coldhands.

I'm truly confused about the plot with the Ironborn next season. What is Yara going to be doing exactly? Going back north doesn't make much sense for her now that Roose has taken Moat Cailin and Winterfell. But with no other Greyjoy uncles announced, what does that leave for her? I'm hoping Victarion gets announced later this year. I know a lot of people see him as extraneous and a dumb character but I find him really interesting. And I think if you see his purpose as just 'bringing Dany boats' then you really need to read those books again.

I hope so too. We need at least Vic. Euron can be cut if Balon doesn't die, but I don't see how Vic can be left out completely.

Less than half the Martells we expected.

No Greyjoys.

No cold hands.

But Obera is played by a superb New Zearland actress who.. I didn't expect her to play Obera I was thinking Lady Nym.

I never saw her as Nym at all, but did think she would be Tyene. I am good with her as Obara though. I think she will be great.

I could not care less about Coldhands. I don't understand people's attachment to that guy. It is weird.

Greyjoy casting will be announced later, I am very confident.

"And the other is a fanatic priest who loves putting people's head under water and walk around islands delivering speeches in a thunderous voice."

I think casting Euron is more important than Vic (although I'd love to get Vic).

Euron introduction can very well be Balon's death (which he'll commit himself) and when Yara comes back, she finds him seated in her father's throne room. She argues with him that he is not the king, Euron decides to imprison her, but she flies away.

That could work but we'd lose his badass introduction and weirdness at the Kingsmoot, which would be a shame.

"And the other is a fanatic priest who loves putting people's head under water and walk around islands delivering speeches in a thunderous voice."

I think casting Euron is more important than Vic (although I'd love to get Vic).

Euron introduction can very well be Balon's death (which he'll commit himself) and when Yara comes back, she finds him seated in her father's throne room. She argues with him that he is not the king, Euron decides to imprison her, but she flies away.

That could work but we'd lose his badass introduction and weirdness at the Kingsmoot, which would be a shame.

Who goes to Meereen then?

As much as I hate to write this, I think no Greyjoy will go to Meereen.

That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if a Moqorro equivalent shows up in Tyrion's storyline or early season 6.

That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if a Moqorro equivalent shows up in Tyrion's storyline or early season 6.

It depends how important that horn is, and if the IB play a pivotal role in the battle there. I always assumed they would, and that Vic's smoking arm would have some kind of dragon related significance.

That'll be a bit disappointing I think. One of the most exciting thinks about WOW is seeing the Battle of Meereen because there's so many factions involved.

Mance, Ramsay, Grey Worm, Locke and daario, all imporant charcters, none of them were in the season 3 casting video, so it is too early to say Aegon, jon con,/ Greyjoys/ Manderly have been cut.

Good point. I think we'll still get either the Greyjoy brothers or Aegon and Jon Connington. At a stretch we could still get both.

Ramsay because the suspens was kept, the others because the casting wasnt done yet.

That's why I'm hoping, since Northern storylines are to be shoot later this year (autumn), we didnt get anything about them cause they are not cast yet.

But... studio shots for the Northern storylines can take place anytime so... except if they do only Dorne / KL / Meereen this summer (both studio and exterior) and Wall / Winterfell / Iron Islands (studio and exterior) in autumn...

Well, I think that this means Arianne, Quentyn, Aegon, Connington, Euron, Aeron, Victarion and Moqorro are all cut. I can see that the show is going to focus more on Littlefinger and the Dornish as threats to Daenerys when she returns to Westeros instead of Aegon and Euron. Perhaps even Walder Frey and the Boltons, Stannis? It is clear to me that the "World War" situation that Westeros is in by the end of aDwD will not happen on the show (I mean, we have Greyjoys, Targaeryens, Martells, the Vale, the BwB, the Freys, the Boltons, northermen, Stannis, wildlings, Queen's men, the Night's Watch, Lannisters, Tyrells and the sparrows all fighting each other, and everything is a complete mess). In the show, I see that this season will develop the Dornish and Vale's plots, while also portraiting the conflicts in the North. Daenerys will decide to go to Westeros for whatever reasons (it seems to me that the Sons of Harpy will be cut, just as Galazza Galare and Skahaz mo Kandaq, so no big intrigues on Meereen as well, only Jorah love story and Yunkai war) and, on season 6, we will have the final conflicts between the different forces on Westeros, to end with a season 7 of the final great war (the Others?)

What I mean is: they are simplifying the series much more than I'd imagine. That was to be predicted, though. Seven seasons is clearly not enough to a series like this, and maybe they should have waited until the books were over in order to actually translate it to TV in a more planned way. The show is going to be awesome, I'm sure of it, but not having Arianne, Victarion, Stoneheart, Aegon, Euron, the Meereenese knot... even if we dislike some of these aspects on the books, they add so much to the series as a whole. It makes the world of ice and fire the fascinating fantasy story that it is. I'm just sorry they didn't get like 10 seasons to do it.

There's still plenty of plots, probably too much for 10 hours of television next season. We were never going to get everything; better to focus on the key ones (or at least what D&D consider the key ones) and properly develop them. A lot of show-only viewers can already barely follow the overall plots, instead enjoying specific characters and set-pieces. I think your very broad summary of the final 3 seasons is probably pretty accurate, and it looks good to me.

That's why I'm hoping, since Northern storylines are to be shoot later this year (autumn), we didnt get anything about them cause they are not cast yet.

But... studio shots for the Northern storylines can take place anytime so... except if they do only Dorne / KL / Meereen this summer (both studio and exterior) and Wall / Winterfell / Iron Islands (studio and exterior) in autumn...

That's what I am hoping for.

Don't understand all the hysteria over Arianne...

After "saving" Drogo in AGOT, the witch, Mirri Maz Duur tells Dany, "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves, when your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before." Many people believe that this is just a elaborate way of saying "Never", but you could interpret it another way.

Arianne is the sun rising in the West (Dorne), with all her failed queen-making.

Quentyn is the sun setting in the East (Meereen) when he gets cooked by the dragons

Both of them are from house Martell who has Speared sun in their sigil

Those two characters are important to the first part of the prophecy. They have to be one way or another in the show.

Archived