Could Theon play a part in the Stark revival?

Fireandblood94

I would like to see Theon's sacrifice somehow help the Starks. I don't think there's a life left for him, so I would rather see him die a quick death in front of the weirwood and somehow his sacrifice save Jon or something like that (only death can pay for life).

I would like to see Theon's sacrifice somehow help the Starks. I don't think there's a life left for him, so I would rather see him die a quick death in front of the weirwood and somehow his sacrifice save Jon or something like that (only death can pay for life).

Jon doesn't need Theon to be sacrificed(where do people come up with this stuff)anyways there are 4 people at the wall who needs to die, anyways Jon is a ways away from a weirwood tree, how will sacrificing Theon help him?

Another tangent!

Davos with the aid of Wex is off in search of Rickon, and his direwolf (Shaggydog). Once he's done that: what if Davos was to head straight to Stannis? How much would the presence of Rickon re-invigerate things? Davos being Davos, what's he also likely to do?

Get the pot boiling! It's onion soup tonight!

Good old Stannis! What a king we've got! (Davos knows this will happen. Kings take the glory. Onion Knights? Not a chance, mush.)

About Theon? What use would it serve to sacrifice him, or Asha? Now Rickon's around, he proves what Theon was saying about not finding the boys. Who does he atone to for the farm-boys?

He'd have the support of Asha, Victarion and Aeron. That's a lot of strength and charisma right there. Also he was the Ironborn who took Winterfell and had the balls to attempt to hold it. That would get some respect at least. Besides people are pissed with Euron in charge, a legitimate heir of Balon would be a blessing.

Problem is, attempting to hold Winterfell is what lost him his balls. He's not fit to be a lord now.

Who says the Greyjoys have to rule the Iron Islands? I don't see any of them rule at the end of the story.

I think he will but it will not be in some grand role as a returning king but as a silent sacrifice that only we as readers understand- not the denizens of Westeros

:agree: I don't think Theon will lead a regiment to save or assist a Stark, but I do believe he will make a series of choices that will positively change the fortunes of the Stark children. I am not sure how, but Theon is being kept alive by Martin for a reason. In a way it is a more dramatic end to Theon then say Borimir charging after the Hobits when he realizes his mistake. Theon, I think, will provide us will a similar act of bravery that, much like Borimir, will be understood by the few.

Vic wouldn't support him, he knows he's a much stronger leader. And Aeron thinks he's a weakling who's spent too much time on land. He wouldn't support him unless Vic dies.

Which has been disproven quite conclusively hasn't it? A weakling couldn't survive what Theon has.

Victarion was part of the Kingsmoot and has to abide by it's result. He isn't an option. It's down to Theon or Euron and there is no way that Aeron will ever support Euron.

I don't think Theon is dying any time soon. Had Martin wanted to kill him, he'd have done it earlier. As it is, his arc serves a narrative purpose (Theon has hit rock bottom, and is working his way back up).

In any case, I would really, really hate to see him die to help the Starks. As if torture isn't enough, let's humiliate him further by pretending that he somehow needs to redeem himself in the eyes of his captors.

He'd have the support of Asha, Victarion and Aeron. That's a lot of strength and charisma right there. Also he was the Ironborn who took Winterfell and had the balls to attempt to hold it. That would get some respect at least. Besides people are pissed with Euron in charge, a legitimate heir of Balon would be a blessing.

Yeah he would basically be used as a proxy by other actors

Personally I had been wondering if he had fathered a bastard child with the captains daughter of Myraham.

That would probably help his mother heal, having a grandson to dote over etc, normally I'd think he'd live but as we know there is a theme about kinslaying if the theory about the Millers boys being his which means I don't think he's going to survive right to the end, and of course he was as present as everyone else at the Winterfell feast

Bran speaking to Theon through the weirwood was a game-changer. In his eyes, the Old Gods gave him his name back.

Of all the characters in the series, who deserves an honorable death more than Theon? He was a tormented kid long before he was a broken man. His whole life has been a series of indignities and events spiraling out of his control.

I think Theon has some life left in him yet. I tend to think he'll be the one to kill Ramsay Bolton. The bastard has a blind spot when it comes to Reek. He believes that Reek could never betray him. He's right. But Theon isn't Reek anymore.

I don't know if Asha's idea about overturning the Kingsmoot through Theon will be a factor or not. We know Damphair is working on a solution to that problem independently of Theon at the least.

IMO he will he killed in front of a Heart Tree. The funny thing is how the readers are the only ones aware of the significance of this.

The Torgon the Latecomer story could repeat itself but I think this is unlikley due to Theon's physical state. I doubt the Iron Born would let a eunuch sit the Seastone Chair whether he took Winterfell or not.

Jon doesn't need Theon to be sacrificed(where do people come up with this stuff)anyways there are 4 people at the wall who needs to die, anyways Jon is a ways away from a weirwood tree, how will sacrificing Theon help him?

Uh, Bran woke up when Lady was killed. The old gods also once had human sacrifices. And I came "up with this stuff" by

reading the Theon chapter from TWOW where the ravens are saying that Theon should be killed in front of the Weirwood tree. That's obviously Bran or BR speaking. There's obviously a reason for it, and we know that Jon is very likely clinging onto life (or dead) by this point. We know that death pays for life, so I'm just putting together something that makes a little bit of sense until we know more.

I don't think Theon is dying any time soon. Had Martin wanted to kill him, he'd have done it earlier. As it is, his arc serves a narrative purpose (Theon has hit rock bottom, and is working his way back up).

In any case, I would really, really hate to see him die to help the Starks. As if torture isn't enough, let's humiliate him further by pretending that he somehow needs to redeem himself in the eyes of his captors.

Oh, did Jon, Arya, Bran, Rickon and Sansa hold him captive now?

Ned Stark, as head of the Stark family, held Theon captive on behalf of the Stark family. Theon owes the Starks what Sansa owes the Lannisters. Nothing.

It's one thing to kill a guy, it's quite another to subject him to humiliation while calling it redemption.

Everything you said makes no sense because even the character says that he should have died by Robb Stark's side and wishes he had. I would say he finds it more humiliating that Ramsay has tortured him until he's not even recognizable than he would to die honorably for the only family he's ever really known.

Archived