True Revenge

lyannaisalive

Cersei's walk of shame was for the crime of sleeping with other people while not married, but the Faith also knew a bit about her framing Margaery from Os-something (Osney? Oswell?), so I like to think that her real crimes were the real reason.

1. Ramsey

2. Ramsey Lady Stoneheart. Her forcing Brienne to kill Jaime or die, along with the rest of her party made me hate her. She's not Catelyn Stark.

3. Ramsey Randyll Tarly. I want Sam to show up wearing his chain and take Gilly home after beating his father at swordplay.

4. Ramsey Several Freys, but not Old Waldy. Walder Frey is secretly immortal and will cackle "heh" and have kids forever.

1. Every male Frey - in order to exterminate the male line of this odious house once and for all

2. Roose Bolton, Ramsay Snow and FW's baby if it's a boy - same reason as above though the Boltons are horrific, not simply odious

3. Every male Karstark - ditto

4. Littlefinger - because alive he will always be an unpredictable danger for any Stark, Tully or Arryn as well as for any hope of stability in Westeros

I couldn't care less if any one left gets their revenge but I love that Robert got his own sort of revenge personally by killing Rhaegar, one of the most beautiful moments in the series even if we don't see it. It also shows revenge doesn't mean much in the end, it won't fill the hole what ever caused you to want revenge made.

I couldn't care less if any one left gets their revenge but I love that Robert got his own sort of revenge personally by killing Rhaegar, one of the most beautiful moments in the series even if we don't see it. It also shows revenge doesn't mean much in the end, it won't fill the hole what ever caused you to want revenge made.

That's actually the reason I hate most stories of revenge. They're always about how it "means nothing" or you lose yourself along the way. There's rarely any plain "I got my revenge so suck it!" stories.

Guys and gals I wanna see dead

Every Frey not named Olyvar, Perwyn or Roslin

Roose, Ramsay and FW's kid

Cersei

Every Karstark that is not Alys (sorry Harrion, if you're ANYTHING like your brothers, dad or uncles, you gotta go too)

Littlefinger

Robert Strong

That's actually the reason I hate most stories of revenge. They're always about how it "means nothing" or you lose yourself along the way. There's rarely any plain "I got my revenge so suck it!" stories.

Walder Frey might get that if he dies of old age before the RW repercussions can destroy his house or kill him

Yeah, what a genius revenge. He practically accepts that he sent them together to the afterlife while he's alive and stuck with Cersei. And what he was getting a revenge from? Rhaegar loving back the woman who didn't want to marry him in first place? Wouldn't be better if he had hammered Lyanna instead? In fact, one of the scenes I would have actually loved to see is Lyanna surviving and finding out Robert killed Rhaegar.

"Lyaaaaanaaaaaa... ♫ I've come to rescue youuuuu.... ♪".

Oh, the hilarity.

Yeah, what a genius revenge. He practically accepts that he sent them together to the afterlife while he's alive and stuck with Cersei. And what he was getting a revenge from? Rhaegar loving back the woman who didn't want to marry him in first place? Wouldn't be better if he had hammered Lyanna instead? In fact, one of the scenes I would have actually loved to see is Lyanna surviving and finding out Robert killed Rhaegar.

"Lyaaaaanaaaaaa... ♫ I've come to rescue youuuuu.... ♪".

Oh, the hilarity.

Revenge for stealing his woman of course.

I agree that would of been funny, I don't know if Robert's reaction to her reaction would of been quite as hilarious though

Walder Frey might get that if he dies of old age before the RW repercussions can destroy his house or kill him

Nah, he's already felt the repercussions of that because of my Lady. So his revenge isn't really triumphant. Even Jaime notes the audacity of killing the heir to the Crossing (Ryman.)

Revenge is bullshit.

Justice yes but never revenge.

Yeah I know it is a book, it is a fantasy series and so on, but some of these threads are so irritating...(e.g. "funny" Frey pies etc - it's just disgusting in my book).

If there is one message in the books, then it is that revenge always comes back and bites you in the ass.

There is a reason why the whole Bracken/Blackwood feud gets ridiculed in-world.

Lets face it, would Walder really miss that fuck up that much? Seems to me Stevron was the only one that hit him hard.

Yea, honestly LS just cleared the way for a more competent Frey to take over once Walder is gone, in fact of all the Freys she have hanged none of them are particularly intelligent, most of them were pretty useless and stupid. I doubt House Frey is going to feel the burn of losing Petyr, Merrett, and Ryman too much. She is just moving her worst nightmare Black Walder up that line of succession.

Lets face it, would Walder really miss that fuck up that much? Seems to me Stevron was the only one that hit him hard.

He doesn't care about his sons; he cares about the family name. I mean he was willing to pay gold for Petyr Pimple of course.

Archived