AcroPHILIA: (acrophobia's strange and incestuous twin) WINNER - Howlin' Howland

Dolorous Gabe

^ we've got something like that in the UK too. Seemingly there are people addicted to it. Night Nurse, it's called. There are some predictable jokes, as you might imagine. It tastes lovely though :)

Do we need to be concerned, northernwarg? :lol:

I hope you're not all suffering too much with some of these clues. I suspect some people may have some explaining to do come the big reveal :lol:

For the record, I've decided that anyone who gets close enough to the theme will get 2 points but for the full 5 points I will need the exact theme as two players have specified it precisely.

How many hours to the preliminary deadline? Haven't spent much time in this yet.

I'm pretty easygoing on the prelim deadline, but I'd like them in by the end of tonight if possible. You can send them tomorrow so long as you're certain you'll have enough time to consider your finals. I might not be able to respond straight away though so I'd advise getting them in early tomorrow if that's your preference.

Do we need to be concerned, northernwarg? :lol:

I hope you're not all suffering too much with some of these clues. I suspect some people may have some explaining to do come the big reveal :lol:

For the record, I've decided that anyone who gets close enough to the theme will get 2 points but for the full 5 points I will need the exact theme as two players have specified it precisely.

Concerned??? You looking at wor lass?!?!

Concerned??? You looking at wor lass?!?!

Eee by gum! Reet Northerner, you! Good 'n' proper!

REMINDER TO ALL - most of you have submitted and I don't recall anyone forgetting but just in case please make sure you have voted for your favourite clue if you want to receive favourite clue points.

11am tomorrow London Time (September 10th) for both your final answers to round 5 and your new clue for round 6, which should be fun!

This is my favorite game on the board. It's a real challenge and I feel like I'm studying the books.

I know we've all said this plenty, but I really appreciate your efforts DG. You're doing a remarkable job hosting us!

PS My ability to post in Chrome has magically returned - yay!!!! :cheers:

I got mixed up and thought this was Wednesday. I nearly freaked out for missing the deadline. Got a kid home sick (who was up a good share of the night) so I'm not firing on all cylinders here. Glad I still have a little tweaking time.

Didn't they just start school too? Poor baby :(

I'll be on a convention from Thursday early morning till next Monday evening. Most probably I won't have internet access during that time and likely I'll just crash into my bed on Monday evening. Thus I would greatly appreciate if the deadline for the round 6 prelim answers would be tuesday evening (London time) or later :blush: Please?

This is my favorite game on the board. It's a real challenge and I feel like I'm studying the books.

I know we've all said this plenty, but I really appreciate your efforts DG. You're doing a remarkable job hosting us!

PS My ability to post in Chrome has magically returned - yay!!!! :cheers:

My pleasure. I'm delighted many of you are enjoying it, that's thanks enough :cheers:

I still don't think I'm putting in as much effort as you lot though. All these cryptic clues to work out must take you more time than it takes me to count up the scores and everything, though I'm sure it's more interesting!

I'll be on a convention from Thursday early morning till next Monday evening. Most probably I won't have internet access during that time and likely I'll just crash into my bed on Monday evening. Thus I would greatly appreciate if the deadline for the round 6 prelim answers would be tuesday evening (London time) or later :blush: Please?

No problem at all. I'll make the prelim deadline Tuesday night next week and the full deadline Thursday night London Time.

Archived