Furthest north map found in twoiaf

SGB7777

The stuff to the far north has to be speculative, no? I really doubt any Maesters ever made it further north than Hardhome.

Kind of an interesting aspect of the book, as it is also done in a POV by a Maester how accurate will it be or will it once more be truth mixed with myth and convolution.

I noticed Ibben is gone and no Asshai on this map. the Greenland idea for TLoAW makes some sense. I find the piece of land running alongside the Land of always Winter to be interesting. as for the comment of no maester being above Hardhome: these were probably mapped out by sailors and given to maesters, much like the sailors of old mapped out new worlds on Earth. I am fairly certain most maesters never leave Westeros. but as we see with Marwyn, there are maesters in contact with sailors.

Yes, I've see a map as well in twoiaf showing that the Lands of Always Winter are huge. It even has a bay further north. Actually, I think that's the map.

This will be awesome.

edit: I really doubt Sothoryos is not explored. The Summer Isles are just by its side and they are known travellers. For sure, they had already explored that continent and maybe found nothing... or found something but Westerosi won't ever know.

The stuff to the far north has to be speculative, no? I really doubt any Maesters ever made it further north than Hardhome.

In an excerpt the Maester said that Giants were certainly dead buried, only spoken of around nightfires among the Night's Watches rangers, so we can assume that a good deal of their opinions are wrong or founded in some grain of truth.

Yes, I've see a map as well in twoiaf showing that the Lands of Always Winter are huge. It even has a bay further north. Actually, I think that's the map.

This will be awesome.

edit: I really doubt Sothoryos is not explored. The Summer Isles are just by its side and they are known travellers. For sure, they had already explored that continent and maybe found nothing... or found something but Westerosi won't ever know.

What we know about sothoryos so far is that its inhabited by brindled men, plagues and weird dangerous animals (apes, wyverns, basilisks, probably dinosaurs)

Archived