Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

its nice to see Loras in some casual wear. I do hope he gets appointed kingsguard this season though that ship may have sailed. i hope he also trains tommen to joust!

Can't happen; Show!Loras is Mace's only son and the heir to HG. The whole reason Olenna agreed to marry him to Cersei back in S3 was to avoid his being named to the KG.

Sparrows! But why are they wearing shoes? Let's hope the HS keeps his bare feet.

Can't happen; Show!Loras is Mace's only son and the heir to HG. The whole reason Olenna agreed to marry him to Cersei back in S3 was to avoid his being named to the KG.

Sparrows! But why are they wearing shoes? Let's hope the HS keeps his bare feet.

Cersei doesn't really care about making the Tyrells mad. And she could have a paranoid justification along the lines of "if I take Loras out of the gene pool, the Tyrells will be utterly devoted to making sure this Margery-Tommen marriage works out".

I agree that Loras probably won't be appointed to the Kingsguard, since book Loras' injury probably gets him off the hook, but the show has a lot of latitude in terms of which bad decisions Cersei might make.

I imagine this is a Loras training Tommen scene that we're seeing setpics of. Anything to keep Tommen spending time with Tyrells will get Cersei adequately paranoid.

I hope that the fight scene he mentioned isn't just training... In any case, neither are wearing clothes fit for training. Unless the training is really light, I don't think this is it.

I also had a thought a couple of days ago that if shot really hits the fan in King's Landing in the show, Cersei could send Robert Strong to kill Loras and maybe that's the fight he talked about.

honestly I like that Loras joined the KG in the books because of LOVE, so I'm kind of glad that he's not forced into joining the KG in the show, since it was a decision he made out of LOVE in the books. if that makes any sense?

ALSO here's a SPOILER from a reddit user who saw some of the filming:

hat's so funny, we saw them filming on the wall. We stood on the small wall next to the stairs you can see on the rightmost side of the second to last photo. You could see parts of the set on the city wall from there. They filmed as scene where the guys in the black robes...

(Guess that's kind of spoiler)

...dragged Loras away.

My guess is either Loras freaks out when Margaery is arrested (instead of Margaery freaking out when he's injured, and instead of Mace freaking out because he's chilling in Braavos) and he gets dragged away so as not to be a danger to anyone. Otherwise, they might go full blast with the Anne Boleyn parallel and have Margaery and Loras accused of incest together.

My guess is either Loras freaks out when Margaery is arrested (instead of Margaery freaking out when he's injured, and instead of Mace freaking out because he's chilling in Braavos) and he gets dragged away so as not to be a danger to anyone. Otherwise, they might go full blast with the Anne Boleyn parallel and have Margaery and Loras accused of incest together.

Cersei was actually thinking about it a lot in the books, and there was that scene in the show

The Blue Bard?

But when they get hold of Loras and Margery the truth would come out, and that would prove Cersei is doing a coup. I guess it would be in line with her bad decision making in AFFC, but still...

My guess: Loras and Olyvar fuck, Cersei finds out, she grabs Olyvar and tortures him through Qyburn until he confesses and hands him over to the High Sparrow, who arrests Loras.

But when they get hold of Loras and Margery the truth would come out, and that would prove Cersei is doing a coup. I guess it would be in line with her bad decision making in AFFC, but still...

My guess: Loras and Olyvar fuck, Cersei finds out, she grabs Olyvar and tortures him through Qyburn until he confesses and hands him over to the High Sparrow, who arrests Loras.

Yeah I expect something like that to go down.

I agree. That makes sense.

This would complete the transformation of Loras from a KG knight in the books to a damsel in distress in the show. Very pathetic in my opinion.

Anyway, i had hoped that, now Tywin's not around, Cersei would make Tommen name him for the Kingsguard. But since he's been spotted with such clothing, it does not look like it.

Archived