Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

This is how quickly Dany can get to Westeros, and I'll assume that Daznak's is episode 10 just to be certain:

S6E1: Dany walks around in the grass, has some hallucinations and is found by the Dothraki. At Meereen, Hizdahr becomes king and Barristan (and I think Gray Worm too) begin to connect the dots.

S6E2: the show's version of the battle of Meereen happens here, and Barristan's coup and the dragons getting freed are part of it. Meanwhile, Dany does a short version of what she needs to do with the Dothraki (she'll already get to Vaes Dothrak by then). If it takes a Meereen focused episode, so be it.

S6E3: Dany returns to Meereen and the fate of the Slaver's Bay is finally set. Dany meets Tyrion. They set sail for Westeros.

S6E5: a ship scene

S6E6: Dany lands in Westeros, presumably in Dorne just to make the matters quicker.

S6E7; Dany gets the support of the Dornish and marches on to fill Aegon's role

I see your proposal very rushed... Dany traveling from Vaes Dothrak to Meereen in one chapter? Dany traveling from Meereen to Dorne in three chapters? It will be the worst decision that D&D could take, even worst than cut LS. Anyway, I don't think that Dany will land in Dorne... but in Casterly Rock, after she realizes that the world is spherical, with or without Euron's help. The best scenario will be Dany setting sail to Westeros in 6x10.

Even if they have to shift their story lines to season 6, Im relatively confident that d&d can thread the greyjoys and griffs into the storyline. My only problem is how they will make it all work without Arianne and Quentyn.

a picture from of Aiden in his Littelfinger costume during the Dubrovnik filming

https://38.media.tumblr.com/3eb1f5f23ed5f8389cf8aa6e8442fc60/tumblr_nd4q9q7nVp1ruwssto1_500.png

I guess this confirms that Littlefinger will be going to King's Landing this season?

To me that photo looks photoshopped. Why does he gave an umbrella?

So if the Greyjoys are cut how will Yara get to Deepwood Motte, if at all? I guess they could say that Yara travelled through the North to Deepwood Motte with her remaining crew by foot.

If there is a Euron, I think Yara might voluntarily join Stannis after Euron takes over. Yara knows she can't stay with the Ironborn under Euron and she wants vengeance against the Boltons for their atrocities. Stannis is the only apparent enemy of the Boltons, so she joins him.

It avoids confusing reminders of territory she captured offscreen in season 2 that hasn't been mentioned since, avoids an anticlimactic fight scene, allows Stannis a kingly moment (since he probably won't raise the northern tribes), and makes about as much sense as anything else Yara could do. Holing up in Deepwood Motte wasn't a brilliant plan.

I dunno what they do if there isn't a Euron. Yara could be wandering around in the north with the remainder of her crew for ... reasons... and be randomly captured by Stannis' men.

Fans talk about the extended last season, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that anybody associated with the production is considering it as a serious possibility.

The show runners have insisted that they are not capable of producing more than 10 episodes a year. So maybe they can another episode or two to season 7 and maybe not. I doubt they could suddenly produce 40-60% more episodes than they usually do.

Some shows have done season 7, then a season break, then season 7.5; but that's problematic too. Game of Thrones has character season arcs and starts seasons with prologues and ends seasons with conclusions. It is a highly structured show with a lot of moving pieces; slapping in a mid-season conclusion and break could result in weird pacing and unsatisfying character arcs.

One of the reasons they can only do ten episodes a year is because by the time post-production rolls around they have to start focusing on what they'll do next. Without that to worry about they may have more legroom for s7. I'd say a season 7a and then 7b is more likely though.

if D&D are really locked on having 7 seasons then i feel like season 5 should have a lot more deaths than AFFC/ADWD and that season 6 and 7 are going to be crazy with huge shit going down in every other episode

i'm really hoping that D&D axing as many characters as they can in season 5 tbh...... :devil: . but i don't have high hopes.

The Red Priests haven't shown the slightest interest in Dany in the show so that can be cut. The Walk of Shame is apparently in S5E10, so they can just lenghten the KL trials for the first half of season 6.

The Martells might even start a war against the Iron Throne at the end of season 5.

The High Sparrow is already introduced here. Hes already pretty important since he jails Cersei. Hes not going to just fall off after the trial, since he has the Faith Militant. Show doesnt need to have Benerro show up anytime soon, but something in Volantis will happen in the show. Just cause David Benioff loves Volantis as a location from the books. It really depends on what they emphasize in Season 5 really.

The High Sparrow is already introduced here. Hes already pretty important since he jails Cersei. Hes not going to just fall off after the trial, since he has the Faith Militant. Show doesnt need to have Benerro show up anytime soon, but something in Volantis will happen in the show. Just cause David Benioff loves Volantis as a location from the books. It really depends on what they emphasize in Season 5 really.

My point is that the High Sparrow might aswell support Dany once she reaches Westeros. They don't need to convert her in the show.

I dunno what they do if there isn't a Euron. Yara could be wandering around in the north with the remainder of her crew for ... reasons... and be randomly captured by Stannis' men.

She has just discovered the Iron Islands are full of dogs, so she'll never set her foot on there again. One feasible reason.

Archived