The Bright Dragon

Third Tail of the Dragon

Ok cool. But even speculation must have some basis is all we are saying.

Egg was trying to hatch a dragon, if not 3 dragons. The idea that he might have succeeded is speculative, but hardly an idea completely out of thin air. And that GRRM would set up an entire series of novellas about characters he clearly likes, only to have them end in completely pointless tragedy and abject failure, seems a bit nihilistic; or at least hardly self-evident.

The idea that Tyrion will "become" a dragon is inspired by the cursed kinslaying dwarf/dragon Fafnir of Norse myth and the Volsung Saga, by the precedent set by Varamyr, by Tyrion's own draconic affinities and foreshadowings, and by the foreshadowing mention of Westerosi legends of wise talking dragons. GRRM has clearly derived inspiration from the Volsung Saga (Cersei and Jaime are inspired by Sygny and Sigmund); so the idea that he may do the same with Fafnir/Tyrion is not completely out of thin air either.

Which Daemon do you mean? We know of 4. One died in 130 AC (who had the Pale Friend), one died 196 AC, one was taken as a hostage in 212 AC at the Tourney at Whitewalls, and the last one (WOIAF spoilers)

Duncan the Tall slew Daemon Blackfyre III at the battle of Wendwater Bridge.

None of those would be alive at the time of the novels (unless they looked as old as Maester Aemon or Bloodraven in appearance, which the TP does not)

I was referring to Daemon Targaryen the Rogue Prince

Lost Melnibonean, on 15 Sept 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:snapback.png

Tyrion VIII, Dance

I have made a thread about this tall shadow talk !

I find it odd that the potential secret Targs are all referred to as casting large or tall shadows, Melisandre says this at the wall to Jon when she offers to make shadow babies with him. What really catches me about this quote though is not the shadow part though it is the part where Tyrion is described as snarling in the midst of it all hmmm snarling like a Dragon i wonder ?

Which Daemon do you mean? We know of 4. One died in 130 AC (who had the Pale Friend), one died 196 AC, one was taken as a hostage in 212 AC at the Tourney at Whitewalls, and the last one (WOIAF spoilers)

Duncan the Tall slew Daemon Blackfyre III at the battle of Wendwater Bridge.

None of those would be alive at the time of the novels (unless they looked as old as Maester Aemon or Bloodraven in appearance, which the TP does not)

Wait what the hell this is the first i have ever heard of Daemon Blackfyre III wow he would fit the age of the Tattered Prince who is said to be in his mid 60's. When i looked it up it mentions the people considered the Blackfyres done and as Tattered as their banners

I was referring to Daemon Targaryen the Rogue Prince

He would be dead, having fallen into the Gods Eye 170 years before the novels. The only.way he would.still be living is if he survived the fall,.crawled out of the lake and hooked up to a tree on the Isle of Faces. The Tattered Prince is clesrly not.over 200 years old though (Daemon being 49 or.something at the time of the battle)

Wait what the hell this is the first i have ever heard of Daemon Blackfyre III wow he would fit the age of the Tattered Prince who is said to be in his mid 60's. When i looked it up it mentions the people considered the Blackfyres done and as Tattered as their banners

He is dead, as I indicated in my post

He is dead, as I indicated in my post

I realize that but if you go back to my original post it was relating to the purple lotus the place where he meets up with Quentyn Martell. The purple lotus symbolizes many things along the lines of re-birth etc. The owner of this place is an old woman with pale as milk skin wearing a thing with the Golden companies golden skulls.

• 2 weeks later...

I have often wondered what the origin of the tattered prince could be, and I wouldn't have ever been surprised to learn of Targaryen roots. I am a firm believer in the Brightfyre theory, particularly because I want some resolution to Aerion's branch of family's path, being legitimate Targaryens and all that should have sat upon the throne. I will be content if it turns out to be the tattered prince, as that would perfectly describe the state of Aerions son, a prince, but not adorned or celebrated as is his birthright. It would also show a bit of ironic humility being that he doesn't need 7 kingdoms to satisfy his innate yearning for power with a much smaller prize, that is no bigger than he needs(Pentos)

Chilly Polly, the idea that Egg succeeded in hatching Dragons is not as you say, "out of thing air" its actually against the text. After Dany steps into the funeral pyre the chapter pov changes and we get omniscient view, like we do in Victarions chapter in Dance and at the end of that chapter we get the line "and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night was alive with the sound of dragons." We are also told that at that same time many other types of fire magic were strengthened/ reactivated.

Archived