The Bright Dragon

Third Tail of the Dragon

Moqorro tells Tyrion that he sees Dragons "old (Maester Aemon?) and young (Jon Snow?), true (Dany?) and false (Aegon?), Bright (???) and Dark (Bloodraven?)". My identifications of which is which are almost certainly off, but I think the vision means that as much as we all hate Secret Targ theories, there's probably one more Targ out there: a Bright Dragon.

The only Targ I know of that is associated with the word Bright is Aerion Brightflame, who is almost certainly dead. However, LC Mormont told Jon that he left an infant son who was passed over at the Great Council of 233, meaning he would be about 68 or 69 now. Based pretty much on that and fact that Tyrion is supposed to interact with the Dragon's in Moqorro's visions, I was wondering whether the Tattered Prince could be Aerion Brightflame's son: he is described as over 60 years old, has silver hair, is cruel enough to be Aerion's son, and has a mysterious name and origin. The story of him being Prince of Pentos is just a rumor that one of the other sellswords in the Windblown tells Quentyn; Quentyn doubts its veracity. And he's already tried to steal a dragon. He told Quentyn that was helping him in exchange for Pentos, but that is a slightly insane bet for such an experienced sellsword to make: he is going to make enemies of two rather large armies in the hope that Quentyn of all people will be able to tame a dragon, lead Dorne to victory against the rest of Westeros, and then help him take Pentos? Given his trustworthiness, it is entirely possible that the Tattered Prince was planning on letting Quentyn get the blame if things go wrong, and killing Quentyn and taking the dragon if he succeeded.

One other thing: in Quaithe's prophecy, she pairs people who are traveling together "Kraken and Dark Flame, "Lion and Griffin". It stands to reason that the Sun's Son and the Mummer's Dragon also traveled together. If the Tattered Prince was Aerion's son, he would be a dragon. Could he also be a mummer's? He has some skill at disguising himself, and maybe the Cloth Dragon Dany saw in the House of the Undying was a dragon in rags, but that doesn't mean Tatters belongs to a mummer - unless he is working with Varys & Illyrio. Any chance that Tatters could be Serra's father and that Aegon is his grandson? It seems odd that Varys and Illyrio wouldn't have someone in Slaver's Bay, and if some have speculated there is going to be a second dance between Dany and Aegon, Aegon is going to need someone to get him a Dragon.

What do you guy's think? It's obviously not based on much, but I can't think of any reason of the top of my head why it's impossible.

My interpretation is a little more out there:

Old: Maester Aemon- Old Dragon on the Wall

Young: Jon Snow- Young Dragon on the Wall, if R+L=J proves true

True: Aegon- True Dragon who wants to court Daenerys for her Dragons

False: Quentyn- False Dragon who wanted to court Daenerys for her Dragons (his reasoning for thinking that he could tame a Dragon is that he has the blood of the Dragon: his relation to Daenerys, sister of King Daeron II Targaryen and wife of Maron Martell)

Bright: Daenerys- True AAR/ incarnation of the Lord of Light

Dark: Stannis- False AAR (a dragon by way of his paternal grandmother, Rhaelle Targaryen)

Since they were grouped together, I figure that each Dragon has to have something in common with whom their paired.

My take:

Young Dragon: Dany, she is the youngest dragon out there

Old Dragon: Aemon/Bloodraven. Aemon is the oldest dragon Tyrion met. On the other hand, he is dead, so maybe the vision talks about Bloodraven, by far the oldest dragon out there.

False Dragon: Faegon. His identity will be questioned, and he will end up being a false dragon (a Blackfyre claiming to be a Targaryen)

True dragon: Jon. His identity will be questioned and he will end up being a true dragon (a true targaryen passing as a Snow/Stark)

Bright Dragon: Varys Brightflame. Descendant of Aerion Brightflame.

Dark Dragon: Illyrio Mopatis, a Blackfyre through female line..

These last two only work if you believe in Faegon Brighfyre theory.

The Tattered Prince is interesting a lot of could be's there at first i thought is he Daemon Targaryen ? just how he says things like "Tattered and twisty, what a rogue I am."

The fact that the name of the meeting spot where he meets Quentyn Martell is the purple lotus is just strange i cant help but think it means something because of the various meanings for purple lotus. and the old woman who owns the spot is pale as milk maybe it's his mother and she's a Blackfyre or she's a witch. again the purple lotus is very symbolic of a name. Is it possible the Blackfyre girls setteld in Bravos perhaps taken in by their aunt the black pearl while the rest of the males were off as sellswords ? Could the Tattered Prince and Illyrio be first cousins or even brothers ?

Again the purple lotus being used has to mean something also it is a very common tattoo which symbolizes many things and he is the tattered prince

and the owner of the purple lotus someone he obviously trusts a lot is pale skinned very old and wears a piece of clothing that represents royalty on this hangs golden skulls the sign of the golden company

I think we can all agree

Old: Maester Aemon

Young: Dany (Jon, possibly)

True: Dany, (also possibly, Jon)

False: Aegon

However, the last two are the ones we disagree on most, I think

Bright: Dany (whose Targaryen identity is public knowledge)

Dark: Jon (his Targaryen identity is in the dark)

I like it. Especially the part about Quaithe's prophecy. It never sat well with me that the Kraken & Dark Flame are together, Lion & Griffin are/were together but the Sun's Son & the Mummer's Dragon were not together if the Mummer's Dragon is Varys or (f)Aegon.

Not much textual evidence but none I can think of against it either which is more than a lot of theories have going for them.

Well done OP :cheers:

I think we can all agree

Old: Maester Aemon

Young: Dany (Jon, possibly)

True: Dany, (also possibly, Jon)

False: Aegon

However, I think

Bright: Dany (whose Targaryen identity is public knowledge)

Dark: Jon (his Targaryen identity is in the dark)

Now that was funny :D

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all."

Tyrion VIII, Dance

Old & young are House Targaryen & House Blackfyre, true & false are Daenerys Daughter of Aerys & Aegon son of Rhaegar, and bright & dark are the red dragon & the black dragon.

Tyrion reminds me of the deuteragonist of a classical play. The deuteragonist would bounce between the protagonist, Daenerys in this second Dance, and the antagonist, Aegon.

Tyrion VIII, Dance

Old & young are House Targaryen & House Blackfyre, true & false are Daenerys Daughter of Aerys & Aegon son of Rhaegar, and bright & dark are the red dragon & the black dragon.

Tyrion reminds me of the deuteragonist of a classical play. The deuteragonist would bounce between the protagonist, Daenerys in this second Dance, and the antagonist, Aegon.

Dragons refer to Targaryen individuals themselves in prophecies not entire houses. Besides, Aegon isn't a Blackfyre given the partilineal naming system, but rather a Mopatis, I think, so I don't think he evens qualifies as a dragon Blackfyre or Targaryen.

Archived