Amsterdam BwB Meet November 2006

Photo Batch #1

Boring airplane pic.

In the apartment. This was after meeting Rentadad and checking out the digs. From left-to-right, Emorta, Isis and Mel T.

Prod, starting as he means to go on with healthy living over the weekend ;)

The streets of Amsterdam. Prod, Emorta, Mel T and a Random Old Man we passed by.

In Abraxas Coffee Shop. Mel T & Isis.

Iceman. Note Prod's endearing ickle laptop.

The gang in Abraxas. Clockwise from bottom-right: Iceman, Prod, Luzifer's Right Hand, Emorta, Mel T and Isis. Check out the freaky map backdrop. Clearer picture here.

Emorta, after rolling a smoke of impressive dimensions.

Prod admires the smoke with awe before he and Emorta try it out.

Prod, Emorta & Isis.

Abraxas from the outside.

Luzifer's Right Hand and Dunhallym in the Torture Museum.

Pictures in the Torture Museum.

A bed in the apartment. :D

The K-Mart version of the Iron Throne. I still wouldn't sit on it though.

The Wheel of Crime.

The Mighty Arseblade. And the Mighty Arseblade in action. Apparently still used to treat haemorrhoids in some parts of Asia.

The old favourite, the guillotine.

Still to come: more smokes, Prod in the Pimp Hat, Randyll Tarly's goat, the threeway in the Cupboard of Love, Great A'Tuin, the Kickass Eel of Annihilation and tributes to Stego and X-Ray.

EDIT

Photo Batch #2

In the pub. Iceman, Bastard of Godgrace, Prod and Mel T.

In the pub again. Emorta, Dunhallym, Prod, Iceman and Luzifer's Right Hand.

Upstairs in the pub. Dunhallym and her other half, whose name I'm sorry to say has escaped me :( Prod did suggest 'Riverwind' for his board name though.

Emorta goes emo!

Prod before.

Prod after.

At X-Ray's request, a gratuitous Iceman bed shot.

Back at the apartment.

The Cupboard of Love.

Prod attempts to harness the powers of the Cupboard of Love.

The three-way. However, the arrangement of cupboard doors made it difficult to get all three people in one shot. I just want to know what Emorta is doing to Prod :o

Great photos Wert - love the sleazy looking alley with Abraxus in it and that bed from the appartment - which poor bastard had to sleep on that :o - mind you by the look of everyone I doubt any of you would have felt a thing ;) Great to see some new faces and can't wait to hear all from Prod :D

Prod was screaming in pain because someone almost chopped his fingers off with the sliding doors of the cupboard. REMEMBER: CUPBOARDS CAN CAUSE HORRIBLE VIOLENT DEATH IF USED INCORRECTLY.

LRH: Ha! There are loads of pics of you in the hat. Loads! They just haven't emerged yet.

*pokes Emorta* You have to post more, dude. :cool:

Prod was screaming in pain because someone almost chopped his fingers off with the sliding doors of the cupboard. REMEMBER: CUPBOARDS CAN CAUSE HORRIBLE VIOLENT DEATH IF USED INCORRECTLY.

Did you get a sneaky slash in, Blade? :unsure:

That wasn't me! I was being the sensible one at that point. And I didn't take my entire knife collection with me (only my penknife) as I thought this might be overkill for a long weekend. On the other hand, you just can't have too many knives, you know?

And I cannot stop thinking of that episode of Fawlty Towers where Basil shuts that old biddy in the cupboard while he is trying to hide the stiff, she starts whining from inside the cupboard (just like Prod) and Basil tells some other guests that the old woman has a thing for cupboards and starts telling her, 'no more cupboards for you! NO MORE!' :rofl:

No way, you must have it as your av, it's fantastic!

I am loving all of Iceman's pics. :) Especially:

089 - this is the reverse of pic 086, which is most likely Prod NOT rolling a smoke and pestering Emorta to do it.

104 - Yay! Group animal shot where we all struck odd poses on purpose and some random passer-by shouted out, 'SMILE!' :lol:

081 - you have no idea of the hilarity that ensued when we discovered this fact... I think you had to be there.

068 - Mibu Wolf's new av for sure. :)

043 - just looking at this makes me snigger

034 - how could you post that pic? I mean, wtf am I doing there? :unsure:

030 - That's clearly my 'fuck right off and stop taking pics of me' face. :)

Sweet

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that one needs to be really careful around BwB members...especially those armed with digital cameras. :dunce::rofl:

That said...I'm just really happy that I didn't have to run around Amsterdam nekkid.

Pics Batch #3. Next time I think I need to get a Flickr account rather than having to link each one individually or mass-emailing the entire board with the link :rolleyes: Damn Photobucket and all its kind!

Prod, Mel T & Emorta on the morning after the Cupboard of Love.

The Elvis car that was parked down our street. There was a great parking warning sign in the nearby window: Parking Violators Will Be All Shook Up :D

Prod and Emorta just before Mel T decides to drop her 'smoke' into the foilage below. Despite a lengthy search, we failed to find it.

Outside the Botanical Gardens: Dunhallym, Mel T, Luzifer's Right Hand, Dunhallym's other half, Iceman and Isis.

Evidence of X-Ray's presence in the city?

Prod in the Pimp Hat.

Mel T in the Cow Hat.

Dam Square. I lost track of the number of times we ended up here. Every road in the city leads to it (more or less) and we regrouped with Bastard of Godsgrace here.

Mushroom Prod.

Fully-clothed, makeup-applying, hatted avatar week!

Awesome street sign.

Iceman, Mibu Wolf, Luzifer and Bastard of Godsgrace. Prod, Emorta, Mel T and Isis were in the Haagen-Daas shop just down the road and were literally not seen for over an hour :o

One of my few pictures with me in it: Mibu Wolf, Luzifer, Bastard of Godsgrace and me.

Iceman has an idea. Or spots something interesting on the ceiling.

Mibu Wolf and me facing off in the quick-draw camera competition.

The statues of the Night Watch in the Rembrandtheim Square outside the pub. Didn't get too many good pictures due to huge numbers of tourists around.

Prod in the pimp hat indulging.

Prod and Emorta in the flat. Plus Prod and his stash.

Luzifer and Mibu Wolf in the flat.

Iceman, his camera and a beer.

Isis and Mel T in the flat.

Domesticated Prod.

The flat after we cleaned it. A tough job, but carried out surprisingly well.

The gang in the Bulldog Coffee Shop.

Mel T and Bastard of Godsgrace in the bakery.

Horse and cart. Yes.

Flamingo. The extremely proud bird which stood in this one pose without moving an inch for about ten minutes despite fairly heavy winds. This guy did the same thing.

Randyll Tarly's goat. This thing was just the most self-confident, utterly assured animal I've ever seen. Its whole demeanour was, "I can kill you and whatever deity you follow in the blink of an eye and rule this city as my own fiefdom, I merely choose not to." Admittedly, spending three days in confined spaces with Emorta and Prod and their smoking ways may have been affecting my sanity by this point.

Great A'Tuin.

The gang in the zoo. Mibu Wolf, Dunhallym, Iceman, Dunhallym's other half and Luzifer.

Luzifer and the floss.

Mel T and Isis (again).

Eel. Another, much fatter eel which stayed in the same place and ate any other fish that came anywhere near it.

The fish with the crazy eyes that made me doubt the existence of any deity. Look at it's freakish demeanour! (see previous note about the goat and sanity)

Insert gratuitous Stego joke here. Emorta, a hiding Mel T, Prod and Luzifer are on the dino's back. Mibu Wolf, Iceman, Isis and Bastard of Godsgrace down front.

Hide and Seek. Can you spot Luzifer and Mel T in this picture?

The note we left for future generations in the Bulldog Coffee Shop. Iceman's pic is better though.

The gang in the Bulldog Coffee Shop (again).

Luzifer, Mibu Wolf and Iceman.

Luzifer's Right Hand.

Prod in an emo state just before he and Emorta departed.

We actually discussed going in here quite a lot but never got round to it. Maybe next time?

A Polishman, a Norwegian and an Austrian set the world to rights in the Hill Street Blues bar (which had a great mid-1970s British punk pub vibe with graffitti over everything). Things were winding down now and the emoness of imminent parting was starting to weigh heavily on us.

By odd coincidence, the HSB bar turned out to be right under and to one side of the Grasshopper, where we hung out on the first night. The crazy writing on the left is the HSB window frame.

Amsterdam by night, across the water from the HSB bar.

The final game of pool in the Bulldog Hotel bar. This was just after Luzifer made his, "I haven't played this game in years," comment and immediately potted two balls with the same shot. Then my batteries died (EDIT: my camera's batteries, although I was bushwhacked by this point as well).

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that one needs to be really careful around BwB members...especially those armed with digital cameras.

Who, us? :devil:;)

That said...I'm just really happy that I didn't have to run around Amsterdam nekkid

That's only really necessary if Kit and Sean are present. Still sure you want to come to Copenhagen? ;)

Anguy !Why where you not there!? Defend yourself!

Well, I only read about the meeting 6 days ago, but I wouldn't have found the time anyway I guess.

Hey K! Long time no see!

How have you been?

Fine, thanks. But I have been around during the world cup.

You all had a good time I see? I'm not quite sure if I would have been up to all the stonedness in Amsterdam, but I hope I can make it to one of the next gatherings. Copenhagen sounds nice, and who knows, maybe even Yokohama. :)

Archived