Early Theories Since Disproved

Ser Cold Fingers

Hence the significance of dead things in the water.

This is true.

So is there a magical line that wights or whatever cannot pass? And the Wall is built right along that line? Or is the wall itself magic and you just have to get far enough around it to pass?

I heard that everyone had theories left and right about how Aegon was still alive.

But now that were told he is, those same people have multiple theories about who this Aegon were shown is.

That's partially true. Some theories around the time the Tyrion chapter was released (2008) were that Griff and his son were indeed Jon Connington and his real son or a kid he was passing as Aegon. I do remember to have read that YG was a switched Aegon (but by Jon, not Varys), but it was just one poster.

omg, this just reminded me that time when two unsullied were discussing Jon and said that he was a virgin because he feared his mother could be a prostitute and he would end up banging her... I was like "has the show explained so badly Jon's situation or they are simply stupid???".

That one is crazy, pretty sure that scene says he wouldn't have sex because he didn't want to make a child a bastard. But the case with my mates is that they just don't have any hints to r+l or any reason to think Jon is anything but neds bastard. They also because of the way stories work expect Jon's mother to be alive, not some distant long dead woman so they pretty much just grasp at straws.

JonCon's Red Beard,

Folks speculated he was a switch perpetrated by Varys and Illyrio back then, based on the original reading of Tyrion II where the sword "Blackfyre" was mentioned (this was dropped in the published version), plus on the basis (then as now) of Illyrio's beloved concubine having been a Valyrianish looking Lyseni.

JonCon's Red Beard,

Folks speculated he was a switch perpetrated by Varys and Illyrio back then, based on the original reading of Tyrion II where the sword "Blackfyre" was mentioned (this was dropped in the published version), plus on the basis (then as now) of Illyrio's beloved concubine having been a Valyrianish looking Lyseni.

Oh, thanks. Then I suppose I missed those. I remember to have read speculations that he was in fact Jon and Ashara's baby (isn't everybody Ashara's baby?)

But yes, not many people believed Aegon was real.

I would absolutely love to hear about more theories from before aDwD and aFfC. I really wish I would have gotten into this series much sooner than I did. I didn't start reading until a deployment I was on in spring 2013.

What Branch?

I'm actually glad I didn't start reading this series until this past summer...it is killing me not having WoW...and it is only a couple of months for me...I can't imagine those who have been fans from the start...or at least near the start. The wait would be oh so cruel!

I would absolutely love to hear about more theories from before aDwD and aFfC. I really wish I would have gotten into this series much sooner than I did. I didn't start reading until a deployment I was on in spring 2013.

Hi DireGhost,

There's a pre-DWD archive if that helps.

What Branch?

I'm actually glad I didn't start reading this series until this past summer...it is killing me not having WoW...and it is only a couple of months for me...I can't imagine those who have been fans from the start...or at least near the start. The wait would be oh so cruel!

1996 here. I've gotten used to it. LOL

What Branch?

Air National Guard.

And yea, the almost decade wait for some characters between aSoS and aDwD would have made me crazy. Good point.

But where do Whores go?

Its been a little while since I read the books, but I can't remember: did Tyrion realize his father had no idea where whores go, or did he honestly think he'd find his old wife if he asked enough people? I'd say Tyrion's questions were just rhetorical, but I vaguely remember there were a few chapters where it seemed like he took it seriously.

Anyways I hated that line, and that entire thread for Tryion, myself. I like how they handled it in the tv show better.

Its been a little while since I read the books, but I can't remember: did Tyrion realize his father had no idea where whores go, or did he honestly think he'd find his old wife if he asked enough people? I'd say his questions were just rhetorical, but I vaguely remember there were a few chapters where it seemed like he took it seriously.

Anyways I hated that line, and that entire thread for Tryion, myself. I like how they handled it in the tv show better.

Whore's go away. That's the way I took it...same thought as you...no actual place....just away.

Unless Whores go to Edain...then she set said east...and continued east through the Shivering Sea...and landed in Middle-Earth.

Archived