The Hunt for Bed October

Nas!

The typical sleeper's full cycle into deep sleep and back out takes 90 minutes. So always schedule your sleep in a time-frame divisible by 90 minutes. I've found this to be absolutely true for myself. Typically I get 6 hours but some nights I get 7.5 hours. If I get up after 6.5 hours I am always more tired than after 6 because I've interrupted my sleep cycle. Likewise, more tired after 8 or 8.5 than after 7.5. Of course 9 is golden, but I almost never sleep that long because of, you know, have to do stuff.

Has anyone tried the caffeine nap? You slam a coffee and then immediately do a 15 - 20 min power nap, when you wake up the caffeine is coursing through your veins at MAXIMUM SUPER ULTRA LEVELS and you are SO AWAKE and the world is a collection of sluggish dullards, pawns, and sycophants because you are a CRAZY MEGA CONQUERING CAFFEINE HERO!

I had a 45 minute nap earlier, due to having the shittiest night's sleep and an early morning (for the unemployed, these are rare, but they are even shittier, for I am not used to them). I feel a bit groggy, but that's probably a combination of a few things.

I've read about that 90 minute cycle thing before. I may try it, instead of snoozing all morning just because.

Has anyone tried the caffeine nap? You slam a coffee and then immediately do a 15 - 20 min power nap, when you wake up the caffeine is coursing through your veins at MAXIMUM SUPER ULTRA LEVELS and you are SO AWAKE and the world is a collection of sluggish dullards, pawns, and sycophants because you are a CRAZY MEGA CONQUERING CAFFEINE HERO!

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never actually have any energy ever to do anything ever but I will try this anyway,

I don't drink coffee normally, but in those very rare occasions that I do, or take caffeine pills, I feel no difference in terms of wakefulness or agitation. Therefore, I deem (with absolute authority) that coffee is both disgusting and useless. :P

Luckily, I work from home, and can get up when I want. Although I have noticed that if I don't start working within 20 minutes of waking up, I'm not going to have a productive day.

In terms of naps, they need to be very short. I fix it so that I'm holding something that will make a loud noise when I drop it, such as a pillbox full of coins, and when I nod off, the sound wakes me up immediately.

Archived