film club?

dread pirate davos

I should be excited for the blade runner one as I have SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT IT but it's a film you really have to be in the mood to sit down and watch with no distractions and ive noticed some people dont like it so much the first time but honestly it is a genius movie and deserves a rewatch from those who are on the fence after the first watch.

I think that's the case with a lot of Scott's work, at least his sci-fi. His pacing is slow and deliberate a lot of the time and I think that's what turns people off. It can be boring on the first watch when your not aware of all the meaning in the films. None the less it's a must watch and in my opinion sci-fi at its best in film.

I think that's the case with a lot of Scott's work, at least his sci-fi. His pacing is slow and deliberate a lot of the time and I think that's what turns people off. It can be boring on the first watch when your not aware of all the meaning in the films. None the less it's a must watch and in my opinion sci-fi at its best in film.

it's one of my favourite films ever ever so im agreeing with you all the way :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I've left I so long and haven't been so organised but I plan on releasing the blade runner thread within the next week.I've watched it and plan on reading up on others opinions and criticising/ themes and stuff to bring a more detailed discussion to the discussion next time. Also on the upside if the film club continues to be smaller in number it will hopefully have a more intimate and conversational nature and we cod even have the format where we Take turns to choose a film to present.

Sorry I've left I so long and haven't been so organised but I plan on releasing the blade runner thread within the next week.I've watched it and plan on reading up on others opinions and criticising/ themes and stuff to bring a more detailed discussion to the discussion next time. Also on the upside if the film club continues to be smaller in number it will hopefully have a more intimate and conversational nature and we cod even have the format where we Take turns to choose a film to present.

So is Blade Runner decided as the next movie? I'm up for that, was a while since I watched it.

And regarding Let The Right One In I haven't seen it yet, I've been busy going through The Shield and been at the cinema seeing Interstellar so I've been a bit tied on seeing new movies. Now my "movie schedule" is open though, so I will watch Let The Right One In today or tomrrow and come back with some thoughts afterwards.

Sorry I've left I so long and haven't been so organised but I plan on releasing the blade runner thread within the next week.

Will the Blade Runner thread be appearing soon, or should we give people a bit more time to watch it?

And what about the next film? I'd suggest something a bit lighter for a change of pace. Would anyone be up for Flash Gordon (1980)? Or we could go Christmas themed, though no particular films spring to mind (aside from the animated The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I suspect that one wouldn't hold up too well to adult viewing!)

Will the Blade Runner thread be appearing soon, or should we give people a bit more time to watch it?

And what about the next film? I'd suggest something a bit lighter for a change of pace. Would anyone be up for Flash Gordon (1980)? Or we could go Christmas themed, though no particular films spring to mind (aside from the animated The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I suspect that one wouldn't hold up too well to adult viewing!)

Don't know about Flash Gordon. Isn't that very campy and cheesy? And 2 80's sci fis right after another? Maybe something more different would be better in my opinion.

The thing with christmas movies is that most of them are bad. I do like Love Actually but I dont know if thats a good movie for a film club. And agreed about Narnia, it was on tv yesterday and it is pretty bad in my opinion. Definitely not fantasy for adults. A lot of eye rolling moments.

We have done horror/drama and now sci-fi so maybe do a historical drama or comedy as the next movie?

Don't know about Flash Gordon. Isn't that very campy and cheesy? And 2 80's sci fis right after another? Maybe something more different would be better in my opinion.

Very, very campy and cheesy 8) Aside from both being 80's SF, it's extremely different from Blade Runner.

The thing with christmas movies is that most of them are bad. I do like Love Actually but I dont know if thats a good movie for a film club.

We have done horror/drama and now sci-fi so maybe do a historical drama or comedy as the next movie?

I haven't seen it, but Love Actually looks like it might be interesting. I wouldn't mind a comedy next.

• 1 month later...

So how does this work? Is the Film Club dead or not? Do each movie get their own threads and the link is posted here? Is this the movie recommendation thread...?

For the matter, I've already seen both movies you're talking about: Blade Runner and Let the right one in (original and remake).

Archived