Pick a King!

German

I'm surprised at the amount of people who have said Edmure. Throughout the series Edmure has proven to be immature, and nothing special. If I could pick a Tully to be king, it'd be the muthafuckin' Blackfish.

My pick would be either Rhaegar or Jon Snow.

From what characters (aside from Bobby B ) say, Rhaegar was literally perfect. A perfect prince, a perfect fighter, a perfect human being. It also sounded like he had good ideas for the future of the realm, and he certainly had plans to improve the realm once he became King (and possibly was hatching a plot to take down his father, but that was never confirmed.)

As for Jon, he has ruling experience from his time as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch (which I think he did very well at, some would disagree with me), and I picture him as a fair, just king.

If Littlefinger was devoted to the idea of passing his power to a son, I think he would be a great king. He knows the inner workings of the kingdom, he works hard, he is incredibly smart. If he was king, his brilliance would be dedicated to strengthening the monarchy and maintaining his popularity. If he had a son and dynastic ambitions, he'd be driven to make Westeros great.

^ Agree with this, once he gets his revenge on everyone who wronged him in the past.

Hmm outside of his inexperience I agree. He is sort of like a politically savvy Ned Stark

Did Robb had Experience as King, Did Renly, did Stannis. No they didn't. Even Joffrey didn't had the experience. Its all about the men of women you have by your side.

Did Robb had Experience as King, Did Renly, did Stannis. No they didn't. Even Joffrey didn't had the experience. Its all about the men of women you have by your side.

Renly and Stannis were both Southron lords, brothers of the king who served on the small council and lived in Kings Landing so yeah.

Joffery is only king because politically savvy, strong people like Tywin and Kevan keep him there.

Robb was an awful politician. A good general yes a good king too but not at all a good politician..

Robb was raised as heir to Winterfell and accompanied Ned whenever something important was going down. Stannis and Renly were each lords in their own right, were the Masters of Ships and Laws respectively, and sat on the Small Council running the kingdom. Joffrey was the only one without any decent experience, and he was the sole fuck up.

If it was 'all' about the people you have advising you and nothing to do with your own experience, then you're a complete puppet, which isn't what you're after in a best-king thread.

Davos is a good guy, he's generally a good judge of character (bar Melisandre), but he's not qualified for the job (as he himself would admit).

Hmmm...

King: Renly

Hand: Stannis

Master of Ships: Wyman Manderly

Master of Coin: Petyr Baelish

Master of Law: Tywin Lannister

Master of Whisperers: Qyburn

City Watch Commander: Bronn

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Barristan Selmy

Royal Executioner: Ilyn Payne

(Kingsguard)

1. LC