What would Rhaegar think of Jon Snow?

sj4iy

LIke BBE has stated she would have died than surrendered until she was betrayed. Also even if she hated her father I doubt that she would love the man who stole her lands, her castle and changed her last name forcefully.

Please think about what you've just typed.

<snip

Has it escaped your attention that 1) some people say a lot of things before they're defeated, 2) THIS IS FICTION, and 3) She might well have fallen in love with the guy later?

You clearly do not know me if you took that statement as anything other than a joke. So please refrain from judging what you think I might have meant.

She was betrayed by her own people, and her supposed enemy actually covered her nakedness and feed her, and adopted her house as his own in everything but name. There you have your classic elements in romance for love at first sight, although in this case, it wasn't probably love but agreement on them actually working together to bring peace.

He acted like a human being as for adopting her house for all we know he didn't had a house.

Thank you, people who make sense.

So when Sansa married Tyrion it was "working together to bring peace"? Not a girl who was seeing everything she loved (her lands, castle, banners, words, father) getting taken away and forcefully married and raped?

Although those are similar situations, they aren't completely the same.

First, without calling Sansa superficial or anything like that, she had no problems fantasying about Willas or Loras, even in a sexual way. One of the many reasons for Sansa to feel disgusted by Tyrion is that he was a dwarf and he was severely disfigured.

ANd while both Tyrion and Orys defended the ladies from sexual abuse, that's where the parallel ends. Argella's father wanted her married to Aegon, which he didn't accept because he was already married. Orys Baratheon was not just not a dwarf, he wasn't a lesser prize either, so to speak. He was Aegon's second man (remember how Haldon said that the Hand of the King is not a bad catch compared with the King himself). And while Sansa was pretty much dragged to her wedding, we don't know if, before they got married, Orys and Argella discussed the benefits of their union and both of them agreed on them as a way to work together and see the whole thing as a way to avoid more war and deaths, which is how mostly political marriages work in ASOIAF.

To JCRB: Sansa was offered the opportunity to marry Lancel who is much better looking than Tyrion. She was disgusted by Lannisters in general. The people who killed her father (just like Argella!) and were planning on stealing her castle and lands (just like Argella!). So far I don't see any differences.

Tyrion was the uncle of the king, the sister to the queen and son of the most powerful man in the kingdom. He was the Master of Coin. He's not a bad catch either if you consider it.

Argella didn't have any power in that situation. She was literally dragged to him naked and in chains the same way Sansa was (just not literally). She didn't have the opportunity of free will seeing how she was a prisoner in her own castle. And Argella as I said before was willing to die instead of surrendering. She was willing to die and sacrifice lives (and that was the reason that her servants put her in chains) rather than give up. I can't see this girl agreeing to be married to the man who will steal all her things (lands, castle etc.) and killed her father.

You clearly do not know me if you took that statement as anything other than a joke. So please refrain from judging what you think I might have meant.

Yes, I do not know you. This is the Internet and statements like that are sometimes not regarded as jokes. Frankly I did not like the subject matter you were "joking" about. Please refrain from from jokes like that imply unsavory messages in the future. Thank you.

No, it wouldn't. It would be a joke. There's a huge difference between the two. Some people seriously need to lighten up. Especially as we do not know that the character in question was raped. It's likely but it is not certain. AND THIS IS FICTION!

That's not a joke. Those are supposed to be funny, not to apologize rape.

Speculation: Has Jon inherited Rhaegar's "iron tones" or not? :P

It's quite possible. Jon does think of that special tone that you have to use in battle in ASOS. And, with in mind the Sam chapter in AFFC when he is sent away and the Stannis/Jon scenes in ADWD, I would say yes.

Archived