Did the Frey deserve to be cooked into pies?

Seaworth'sShipmate

I definitely don't have any issues with the three Frey men being killed, not sure how I feel about the wifes and servants - whom I assume also got killed.

As for being cocked into a pie; they were already dead, don't see why it should bother them. Think it was more meant to be an insult/revenge on the Boltons and Freys at Winterfell who are them.. So a better question is maybe if the Bolton/Freys deserved to be fed human flesh...and that is a yes from me!

This ^

I definitely don't have any issues with the three Frey men being killed, not sure how I feel about the wifes and servants - whom I assume also got killed.

As for being cocked into a pie; they were already dead, don't see why it should bother them. Think it was more meant to be an insult/revenge on the Boltons and Freys at Winterfell who are them.. So a better question is maybe if the Bolton/Freys deserved to be fed human flesh...and that is a yes from me!

Like I said before the fact that the Frey men wouldn't be bothered that their corpses were turned into pies isn't the problem. The problem is Manderly's behavior when he decided to cook the corpses.

Like I said before the fact that the Frey men wouldn't be bothered that their corpses were turned into pies isn't the problem. The problem is Manderly's behavior when he decided to cook the corpses.

He responded to a gruesome deed with a gruesome deed of his own out of revenge. Of course this is a very questionable moral 'act' in our world, much less so in the world of ASOIAF though.

I don't know if it was deserved, it's hard to imagine a crime that warrants being cooked and eaten. Poetic justice though, great for the story and launched Manderly very high in my estimations. The level of hatred he must have towards the Freys and Boltons is hard to comprehend unless you've hated some one to an equal extent.

I will say, those Freys and Boltons deserved to eat those boys.

I know we should be more appalled by what Manderly did, but it's understandable to an extent and everyone hates the Freys so it's much easier to view what happened to them as "deserved"

He responded to a gruesome deed with a gruesome deed of his own out of revenge. Of course this is a very questionable moral 'act' in our world, much less so in the world of ASOIAF though.

GRRM writes these books towards a modern audience. It's a quite horrible act in our world.

I don't know if it was deserved, it's hard to imagine a crime that warrants being cooked and eaten. Poetic justice though, great for the story and launched Manderly very high in my estimations. The level of hatred he must have towards the Freys and Boltons is hard to comprehend unless you've hated some one to an equal extent.

I will say, those Freys and Boltons deserved to eat those boys.

His hatred is probably for the fact that his son died during the RW.

IMO no relative deserves to eat their family regardless what the family has done.

It was a bold statement(s). That people are as angry or even more than the Starks are with Freys. More for Cat and Robb because they knew more at the time of death, than the kids. That though it seems the children are separated and seemingly powerless, Ned is gone, Cat is Uncat, Winterfell and the old guard like the Luwin and Rodrik, etc, it doesn't seem to be delaying any revenge against the Freys. They made too many enemies of too many people and Houses collectively.

That they are not getting away with anything.

The Freys whipped out a bold statement at a wedding where many were wiped out.

That is not in the cards for them. It is being turned on them slower, and steadier. They are getting wiped out so far by Manderly, whoever killed Walder at WF, and the BWB is targeting them too. And it will include others and not end there either.

Not one big blow and it is done like the RW. It can come from anywhere. And as the numbers and disappearances tally at the Twins. The mental and psychological gist of it, must have them completely ill at ease.

GRRM writes these books towards a modern audience. It's a quite horrible act in our world.

That he writes the books for us does not matter one bit I'm sorry. You can't judge their actions based on our world's morality. If you would do that almost every person in the entire series can be seen as immoral and "evil" (except perhaps obvious good guys like Davos,...) Jon decides to behead a man for not following orders and suspicions of a betrayal in the future. Yea in our world Jon is a horrible dictator.

That is another thing to consider too. They acted with the RW, and now there are consequences.

They laid the path for the creation of Uncat. She is with the BWB and Freys are targeted. True, Beric revived her and Nymeria/Arya pulled her out.

That RW opened up multiple cans of worms they could never foresee or fathom. Hence the whole Manderly thing too.

Hindsight for the Freys, eventually, is going to be a real bitch.

That he writes the books for us does not matter one bit I'm sorry. You can't judge their actions based on our world's morality. If you would do that almost every person in the entire series can be seen as immoral and "evil" (except perhaps obvious good guys like Davos,...) Jon decides to behead a man for not following orders and suspicions of a betrayal in the future. Yea in our world Jon is a horrible dictator.

IMHO we should judge them by medieval standards and modern standards both. We can let things like Ned's beheading fly but honestly things like Frey pies aren't things that are supposed to be shrugged off like that. If we accept the Frey pies we should totally accept the martial rape of Cersei because hey! it's the medieval times and that concept doesn't exist.

Also Davos did cheat on his wife but like Ned's beheading I'm going to let that fly. But Frey pies are something that I regard as disgusting behavior by Manderly. I'm okay with him killing them but cooking them into pies was a stepping over the line. And feeding them to their relatives was the point of no return. Just because we accept somethings as part their times does not mean we should accept things that violate human rights.

That is another thing to consider too. They acted with the RW, and now there are consequences.

They laid the path for the creation of Uncat. She is with the BWB and Freys are targeted. True, Beric revived her and Nymeria/Arya pulled her out.

That RW opened up multiple cans of worms they could never foresee or fathom. Hence the whole Manderly thing too.

Hindsight for the Freys, eventually, is going to be a real bitch.

The really ironic thing is if they just buried Cat or actually carried out Tully style funeral and didn't throw her in the river to mock those customs she wouldn't be hanging them.

Ah, I see. Let's begin flaying Olyvar Frey's tongue. Then let's castrate him and force him to eat his own penis.

Whatevs, dude, it's the medieval times which means we should blindly accept everything they do. All's fair in love and war! And it's not like those Freys are human beings or anything.

Love the human rights advocates in this thread. "No human deserves that" "The Freys are people too"... When you stoop to the level of treachery the Freys have, you forfeit the right to be treated like a regular person. Cutting the head off of a man and his wolf and sewing one on the other then parading them around... yeah, the fuckers got what was coming to them.

I agree! Let's start by scaphising (being covered with honey, especially around your genitals and anus then insects being set upon you) Perwyn Frey!

I agree! Let's start by scaphising (being covered with honey, especially around your genitals and anus then insects being set upon you) Perwyn Frey!

Yeah, it's not like he's an innocent human being that took no part of the RW! The name Frey declares him guilty of all the crimes of his relatives! Don't forget to psychologically manipulate him! Because the name Frey removes him of all human rights!

Archived