The Great Other - Walkers vs. R'hllor - Red Priests

I'll start off fast with Comparisons.

The Great Other:

Represents: Darkness; Ice Magic; Winter

Powers: Raising the Dead, Walker Hybrids, Ice Architecture, Ice Weapons; Greenseeing; Skinchanging

Creations: The Wall, Winterfell, White Walker City; Weirwood

Users: White Walkers; COTF; Greenseers; Wargs; Skinchangers; Specific Northmen; Bloodraven

Blood Sacrifice: Entrails of Weirwood; Sacrfice before Weirwood; Male Babies turned into Hybrids

Main Location: Lands of Always Winter

Greatest Hero: The Last Hero

Magic Embodied: Ice Dragon/White Walkers

Main Family: First Men/The Starks/Crannogs

Manipulator: Bloodraven

Present Champion: Jon Snow

R'hllor:

Represents: Light; Fire Magic; Summer

Powers: Raising the Dead, Fire Architecture; Fire Weapons; Prophetic Dreams;

Creations: Valyrian Freehold; Dragonstone

Users: Valyrians; Targaryans; Red Priests; Melisandre; Asshai'i

Blood Sacrifice: Slaves(?) Horn Blowers (?) Children (?), giving people to the flames

Main Location: Lands of Always Summer

Greatest Hero: Azor Ahai

Magic Emboided: Fire Dragon/Red Priests

Main Family: The Valyrians/Targaryans

Manipulator: Quaithe

Present Champion: Daenerys Stormborn

I'm posting this because I want to know the history and future of these two sides. It's called A Song of Ice and Fire.

This is by far the main thing I am ever looking at with this series. I love the poltiics, battles, etc, but I live in the metaphsyical of this world.

First in foremost, I want to know who the enemies are. Based on the lineup of each side, we can see that there is no good side and there is no bad. I know everyone wants to think that the world will unite to fight the White Walkers, but that is not what this story is about.

1.) GRRM hates the evil North army cliche that plagues fantasy

2.) We know nothing about the White Walkers or there intentions

3.) Do the Dragons seem any less viscious that the Others?

4.) The fact that the Others are presented like the evil Gods of the North screams red herring based off of GRRM style

5.) GRRM usually turns cliches on their heads, especially when it comes to darkness and light e.g. The White Cloaks are mostly corrupt while the Night's Watch are mosty honourable. See where Im getting at?

In fact, one could say that fact that (generally speaking) half the forums are of Team Dany, and the other half are of Team North is exacty what GRRM has wanted, probably because that is what it wll come down to.

Secondly, I have been bothered by the notion of Fire Dragons vs White Walkers. I understand that Fire Dragons maybe vulnerable in Winter (maybe why they died off during or before the Long Night) but it is still people on Dragon back burnign everythign alive. It seems unbalance. Even if you bring in warging, Blood Raven and God Bran into the fold.

(Spoilers)

So thanks to the Children's Book, a few snippets of info in the series and the World of Ice and Fire, we can conclude that there were Ice Dragons...and Ice Dragon(s) will probably return.

Now, it is balanced, Fire Dragon vs Ice Dragon (Though Ice Dragons were thought to be much bigger)

I think Bloodraven/COTF wants Bran to warg this Ice Dragon, either that or for him to help Jon Snow do it.

Also, we have two damn near omnipotent beings manipulating both sides. Bloodraven has been watchign over and maipulating Bran (probably his whole family) for years and made him go north to his lair where he is trainign his 3rd eye, in essence. Dany was manipulated by Quaithe to come to Asshai and also told her about to go east, you must go west or whatever. She also warns her of the Krakens, pale mere, etc.

-Bloodraven is an all powerful skinchanger, sorceror, greenseer.

-Quaithe is an all powerful sorceror, shadow binder? and is clearly seeing the future and using glass candles.

What are these two sides manipulating there pawns towards?

So where does that leave the White Walkers? Well, I am starting to believe without a doubt, that the White Walkers are for the Great Other, what the Red Priests are to Rhllor. That seems unbalanced, but let me explain

White Walkers: Raise the dead, Manipulate Ice, Eyes Glow Blue, are ancient, freezing, take children to be there avatars

Red Priests: Raise the dead, Manipulate flames, Melisandre's necklace glows red, Melisandre is extremly old, always warm, children maybe taken from Asshai to be servants of the red god. Very similiar

People may hate Mel, and she may use crazy tricks sometimes, but Mel has real powers that have grown ever since she came to the Wall (Even more than at Asshai). Mel also views Bloodraven/Bran as the Great Other.

The only difference is that the Others are clealry warriors and aggressive. Sure the Red Priests are aggressive, but in politcal ways. They arent fighters, but they are secretive, clearly have a hidden agenda and especially powerful in knowing the future. Their beliefs are also spreading like wild fire (outside of the north).

I think we have yet to see the true Power of the Red God, but as of right now, Moqorro and Marwin are both making their way towards Dany, their Champion, right now.

Or maybe the White Walker's role is different. Their bodies seem to be that of ice (Originals I mean) as are the Ice Dragons. Blood of the Dragon indeed. If the Starks/Northmen do have a connection to the White Walkers then we can say this....the blood of the Ice Dragon flows through the White Walkers which flows through the Starks/Northmen. Which is similiar to the Blood of the Fire Dragon flows through the Valyrians which flows through the Targaryans.

And the Valyrian Dragon riders were MUCH more prolific with Fire Magic as opposed to the Targs or even the Red priests.

So, it seems much more balanced. But I can give an example. The Valyrians were Dragon riders right? What if the White Walkers were the original Ice Dragon riders? I think there is some merit to that, despite the fact that I have no evidence, other than they have the same biology of being made "of ice". But it could be that ther were the origional Dragon riders and perhaps taught the ancient first men to fly them. I know theres no evidence of this. But there is also no evidence for Dragons roaming Westeros before the Long Night but that clearly seems to be the case.

So, if the White Walkers were the original Ice Dragon riders, who were the original Fire Dragon riders? Thanks to the World of Ice and Fire, it is clear that Valyrians were not the first Dragon riders, but in fact were taught by some "ancient race" that disappeared. Ooooh, now that sounds juicy! Ancient race disappearing sounds intriguing and familiar. Was it some ancient white walker equivalent fire race that taught Old Valyria? Was it the ancient Asshai'i? Could be, maybe something hints at this in the book that I missed.

Bottomline is that Jon Snow and Dany are not joining sides. The Targs and Starks will oppose each other such as day and night. They wont see eye to eye, they wont compromise and they wont "marry" each other. Half the boards will be rooting for team fire while me and the other half will be rooting for team ice.

Estimating: Team Jon Snow

The North

The Vale

The Riverlands

Half the Iron Islands (maybe)

Dorne (Im betting - another red herring to think they join Aegon/Dany)

Skagosi

Wildlings

Northmen remnants

Stannis remnants

White Walkers

Greenseers

Children of the Forest (probably)

God Bran

Giants

Braavosi Sellswords

Northern animals (direwolves)

Estimating: Team Dany

Drogon (maybe the other two as well)

The Reach

The Rock

Crownlands

Stormlands

Half of the Iron Islands

The Unsullied

Golden Company

Aegon's remnants (armies, kingsguard, etc)

Dothraki

People from Asshai (Quaithe and other magical people)

Iron Fleet

Former Slaves

The Windblown

Stormcrows

Red Priests (Moqorro)

Maybe the ending will be Jon Snow, being the balance and warging both and Ice and Fire Dragon. If that is the story he is going for than awesome, but it is also the distinct possibility that the Ice side wins. Afterall,the last book is called "A Dream of Spring". Also, a fairy tale book ending in peace, yet in the middle of a dark period also seems to be GRRMs method of turning norms on their heads. Also, the most famous words of the series are "Winter is Coming". Not, Both "Winter and Summer are coming".

Mainly because I am of the belief that the destruction of Planetos is a cyclical thing and that both Fire and Ice rule entire eras. For instance, I believe that the Valyrians finding the Dragons and dominatign a amjority of the world for 5000 years can be considered an era of Fire up until the Doom, which signaled it's end. Followed by a period of turmoil where both sides try to take control. I know the Targs ruled for 300 years but that is literally nothing, and it was a period of instability in which the Dragons all died out and the Targs themseleves forgot most of the magic that had been a part of their culture. (Black candles, Fire Architecture, Brthing Dragons, etc). You can said that this what the Fire side grapsing one last time before their time was done. And at the end of each era, there is a War for the Dawn to decide which side will hold sway over the next millenia.

So to me, the Long Night wasn't a generation (which is a vague term), but actually an entire age/era in which the Powers of Darkness and Ice ruled the world. This doesnt mean that everyone died, food couldnt grow, etc. But possibly a time when winters were long and harsh and summer's were short and White Walkers and Ice Dragons roamed the world just like the Dragons did in Essos. Maybe a little mini Ice Age.

So Im expecting a draw or Ice winning in this War for the Dawn, because the Fire side has just finished close to 5000 years of ruling.

Now we approach the War for the Dawn again, who will win this time?

Its probably a mistake to assume that Mel's assertion that this is all about R'hllor and the Great Other is correct.

[interviewer] There are several competing religions in this series now. Should we be wondering if some are more true than others? In a world with magic, is religion just magic with an extra layer of mythos?

[GRRM] Well, the readers are certainly free to wonder about the validity of these religions, the truth of these religions, and the teachings of these religions. I'm a little leery of the word "true" — whether any of these religions are more true than others. I mean, look at the analogue of our real world. We have many religions too. Are some of them more true than others? I don't think any gods are likely to be showing up in Westeros, any more than they already do. We're not going to have one appearing, deus ex machina, to affect the outcomes of things, no matter how hard anyone prays. So the relation between the religions and the various magics that some people have here is something that the reader can try to puzzle out.

Its probably a mistake to assume that Mel's assertion that this is all about R'hllor and the Great Other is correct.

[interviewer] There are several competing religions in this series now. Should we be wondering if some are more true than others? In a world with magic, is religion just magic with an extra layer of mythos?

[GRRM] Well, the readers are certainly free to wonder about the validity of these religions, the truth of these religions, and the teachings of these religions. I'm a little leery of the word "true" — whether any of these religions are more true than others. I mean, look at the analogue of our real world. We have many religions too. Are some of them more true than others? I don't think any gods are likely to be showing up in Westeros, any more than they already do. We're not going to have one appearing, deus ex machina, to affect the outcomes of things, no matter how hard anyone prays. So the relation between the religions and the various magics that some people have here is something that the reader can try to puzzle out.

Good points, but I was always under the assumption that R'hllor and The Great Other are just interpretations of the magic in the world, which has no divisions. So, different interpretations of the same thing, it just so happen that during this cycle the two major factions worship either the Old Gods/Great Other or Rhllor. In ancient clashes, Rhllor didnt exist, it couldve been another faction with their own interpretation of magic.

It didn't even necessarily have to be Fire vs Ice, it couldve been Wind vs Water. Just a thought.

I mean the series is called a Song of Ice and Fire and Im sure it has multiple meanings. One meaning is that these two magic factions (Basically what they are) whose interpretations of magic are dealing with Fire and Ice will clash.

I'm pretty sure the great Other is just the Old Gods, the pagan gods of the old people. Especially the icy Old Gods of the North. I think this God, or magical power, can be associated more directly with the Nights King than the Last Hero, though I agree that Jon seems to be it's human representative.

The Red God is the God of fire, blood, dragons and the newer people that first rose in Asshai and then in Valyria. This is a force of conquest, that destroys the old ways. Azor Ahai is the hero figure related to it and Dany it's best human representative.

The Andal God of the 7 faces is the god of men, it's not really a magical or mysterious god. Lannisters, Baratheons, maesters etc - they all represent this god.

I think the song will be one of destruction, with the great Other and Red God acting in unison, though not wittingly. The hero's, I believe are meant to bring the dark, to cleanse the world for a new dawn.

If I remember well the last hero brought dragonglass from the children to men to destroy Others. So how could he be a hero of the great Other?

I agree. I think the mistake which is made, especially by Mel, is the fact that there are only two sides fighting each other. You make every aspect of this story eitjer black or white and thats it. This world is grey man!

How can you put Jon, the children and the Nights watch upon the same team as the others? They are fighting each other, the children have fought the others (maybe even with the Starks) for thoudands of years. They builded the wall to keep them out!

I think all those religions are a distraction, or an instrument, to keep the others out. But they are not meant to be a division. It is not two Gods fighting together.

One of the most interesting things about the tv series is how hard they seem to be peddling the idea that R'hlorr the Red God at least, is real. For the Great Other they have revealed more than the books have, in the sense that they showed a group of some 12 Others, which looked different than the Others we have seen. But especially for the Red God, they are making a case about it existing for real. And obviously the Weirwoods work, but we may learn soon that those are not "Gods" as much as Children of the Forest/Greenseers. They give zero attention to The Seven. It does seemlike there is a Great Other and a Red God, and that the others either do not exist, or are not "Gods".

I'm starting to think that there are multiple Prince that was Promised/Azor Ahai and some are dead already.

It may well be any of the Mad King's seed

So Rhaegar, potentially Jamie and Cersie and Dany.

Not sure why Mel is so stuck on Stannis, unless Stannis is also one of the Mad Kings children. Is their any doubt about how Stannis was conceived? I know the text makes note of how similar Robert and Renley were in appearance.

Jon would therefore be a Lightbringer, or sword produced by a Prince that was promised. If Griff is real, he'd also be a lightbringer. And Dany's dragons and potentially Shireen.

But I don't think the Lightbringers will literally bring light, I still think they will bring the darkness before the new dawn.

One of the most interesting things about the tv series is how hard they seem to be peddling the idea that R'hlorr the Red God at least, is real. For the Great Other they have revealed more than the books have, in the sense that they showed a group of some 12 Others, which looked different than the Others we have seen. But especially for the Red God, they are making a case about it existing for real. And obviously the Weirwoods work, but we may learn soon that those are not "Gods" as much as Children of the Forest/Greenseers. They give zero attention to The Seven. It does seemlike there is a Great Other and a Red God, and that the others either do not exist, or are not "Gods".

I think it is meant to display the power of the Red God and Old Icy gods is real, not the gods themselves.

I think the different Other in the show was the Nights King, the covered up history of the old icy power. Once upon a time, way back when, I think the First Men/North were in a more direct union with their pagan, naturist and icy magic.

In the same way I think that way back when the people of Asshai were in a more direct union with their firey, demonic and destructive magic. The Targs are more or less the second coming, or post long Night insertion of this race, hence their affinity to dragons and hence any Prince that was Promised having to have Targ blood. It wouldn't surprise me if the Valyrians were genetically enhanced or something by the 'Red God' powers, via the sorcery of Asshai.

There is a whole bloodline thing trying to work out who the special people are but I think, in the end, it is not going to matter because the powers of the Old Gods (Others led by Jon & the Starks) and Red God (best represented by Dany and her forces) are going to cleanse Westeros of it's human infection together, plunging it into darkness and preparing it for a new dawn.

There is a whole bloodline thing trying to work out who the special people are but I think, in the end, it is not going to matter because the powers of the Old Gods (Others led by Jon & the Starks) and Red God (best represented by Dany and her forces) are going to cleanse Westeros of it's human infection together, plunging it into darkness and preparing it for a new dawn.

'Human infection' did you not read the GRRM article? This is not about Gods, this is about people. People are going to fight something. And there is no masterplan to bring a new era. There was no new era after the last dawn.

Jon is not on the team of the others. Jon and Bran are on the team of the children, who destroy the others. The idea that he will 'lead' them is absolutely impossible. Unless the children have been wrong for ages.

The last battle of dawn was won by teaming man and children together, this has already happened, Bran has arrived with the children. This is not about ice and fire fighting each other but fighting the others. And this battle will have to be fought men against men. Very basic.

Besides, Jon is not ice, he is Targaryen and fire as well, he has had a dream of holding a true lightbringer. He is not just a champion of ice.

'Human infection' did you not read the GRRM article? This is not about Gods, this is about people. People are going to fight something. And there is no masterplan to bring a new era. There was no new era after the last dawn.

Jon is not on the team of the others. Jon and Bran are on the team of the children, who destroy the others. The idea that he will 'lead' them is absolutely impossible. Unless the children have been wrong for ages.

The last battle of dawn was won by teaming man and children together, this has already happened, Bran has arrived with the children. This is not about ice and fire fighting each other but fighting the others. And this battle will have to be fought men against men. Very basic.

Besides, Jon is not ice, he is Targaryen and fire as well, he has had a dream of holding a true lightbringer. He is not just a champion of ice.

It could be about people being the biggest problem for Westeros, no? That's still about people. Have you noticed, over the series, how it has changed from a smattering of honor and intrigue to a land verging on universal cannibalism, with rivers clogged by the dead and facing a very long winter?

I think if you think its going to end up that basic that you might be in for a shock. I think Jon has a lot more in common with the Nights King than Azor Ahai, that's Dany's gig, or possibly Jamies. I'm not sure it's Stannis gig, but hey, it could be. I think that Mad King might have sired a lot more lightbringers then it seems at first glance.

I do agree there will be a lot of men fighting men though. And men fighting Others. And men fighting dragons. Probably not Others fighting dragons. There might be some men fighting direwolves. There might even be a direwolf that gets it's jaw ripped open by Jamie - perhaps. Tommen could lift a shining sword up in the end, if you really want to see that.

Could be totally wrong though - but I definately think it is closer to being right then something like Jon leading the lands of men against the Others.

David I genuinely find your theories the most insightful and interesting to read on this entire forum. I like this theory a lot, it doesn't differ from a lot of what you've written before but I just have one question - why is it you think Dorne would join the side of Jon Snow/Ice, I don't see the connection?

I agree. I think the mistake which is made, especially by Mel, is the fact that there are only two sides fighting each other. You make every aspect of this story eitjer black or white and thats it. This world is grey man!

How can you put Jon, the children and the Nights watch upon the same team as the others? They are fighting each other, the children have fought the others (maybe even with the Starks) for thoudands of years. They builded the wall to keep them out!

I think all those religions are a distraction, or an instrument, to keep the others out. But they are not meant to be a division. It is not two Gods fighting together.

1.) There is no good side. I have never looked at the Others as evil and that there world will unite the fight them. Thats silly, and that is nothing that GRRM stands for. The man who literally "hates" fantasy cliches of the evil demon in the North. So the fact that he is doing exactly that makes me realize that this is an obvious red herring. There are also a thousand hints about how the historical texts have probably been manipulated so much throughout the years (especially since no one kept records back then) that we may not know the actual truth at all. So to say. The White Walkers came, then the Children and Men fought them back with the Hero and raised the Wall I think at this point should be taken with a grain of salt.

The Last Hero is one of the most intriguing stories it is filled with symbolism that is too much to type here. Suffice to say, other than an off hand account in the Night's Watch about how the Last Hero was fighting the Others with Dragon glass (which was written down hundreds of years after the Long Night probably by Andals) we have no clue what happened to him. I started asking myself questions like, if the Children and the First Men were on such good terms and if they truly were fighting the Others together, then why is it that the Last Hero is "searching for them" and saying that no one had seen them in years? Werent they supposedly best buddies during this time? I believe he said that he searched for them for decades, with his entire team dying.

In a time where Heart trees were probably every where Im pretty sure the Children knew what was going on.

What it sounds like to me is that the Children "abandoned" mankind to their fate. The last scene of the Last Hero that we have is that the Others were literally on his heels. And then Old Nan is cut off. So what are we supposed to believe? That the Last Hero defeated a pack of Others with a broken sword? That the Children came in and svaed him Robin Hood style? Has anything in this series led you to believe in such Deus Ex Machina situations?

I personally believe, though I have no evidence, that this is a story about the Last Hero, "making a pact with the Others" for survival. Who knows what that meant, but I do know that coming out of the Long Night, the ancestors of the Starks/Northmen were building the Wall, Winterfell, were Wargs, Skinchangers, etc. Blood of my blood, indeed. Also, the Others survived, clearly. They were beyond the Wall it seems and one seduced the Night King and took his soul. This raisies even more questions: Why must there always be a Stark in Winterfell? Why is Winterfell called Winterfell? How in the Blue Hell did the Children help build the Wall, since I thought the White Walkers were the Master's of Ice? Why is it that the Starks are called the "Kings of Winter"? Do they possess the blood of Winter? Does the Blood of the Others flow through them, especially since it seems that they have "mated" with the White Walkers before or at least be bound by blood, similiary to the Dragons and Valyrians?

There was a new era after the Dawn, it there wasn't, there wouldnt be a story now. There wwere many survivors of the Long Night, hence the birth of the Starks, northern famiies, Storms End, etc. The Andals didnt conquer ghost.

Again, we have no idea of the truth about Humans/Children joining forces as I explained in my first response to you.

The Children have never, ever, ever, ever, ever stated their goals or agenda and it foolish to believe that they are "good beings fighting for peace. Many look at them and see that they fish, sing songs and have magical abilities so they must be good. But they ignore the skeletons of men, children and beasts on the ground, they ignore the hints of blood sacrifice, they ignore the fact that along with Bloodraven they have been manipulating Team Bran for years and it is probably gonna cost Jojen his life. For what purpose? So that Bran can fly? Right, because tehy haven't told him. They literally put his crippled as in a chair and said drink this.

The fact that they are fighting the wights literally means nothing. They fought the Giants too but they also love/respect them evidently.

They havent given an opinion on the White Walkers yet.

Also, you say that Bloodraven and the Children arent on the side of the White Walkers, who represent the Great Other, then why is it that when Mel looks into the flames she sees Bloodraven and Bran, and thinks that she is looking at the Great Other? You know why. Its not a coincidence that the Great Other uses ravens/crows the same way that Bloodraven does. Dude, this series is called a Song of Ice and Fire, not the unity of Ice and Fire. There will not be a good side or a bad side. We may end up hating both sides. But Jon Snow is NOT teaming up with Dany. That is beyond ridiculous. Why would either side trust each other at that point. Im pretty sure Jon Snow will also want an independent North, do you think Dany will go for that?

Jon Snow has the potential to bring balance because he is half Targ and half Stark, but he IS a Stark. He grow up in the North, his identity is that of the North. He isn't going to go to Valyria. In fact, he looks more Stark then his siblings. He also has the trust of the Widlings while Dany might bring Rhllor with her. This story calls for a clash, not a unity. Also, by that logic, if Bran represents the Great Other (he does) and Jon Snow is supposed to join forces with Dany, then what? He will have to kill Bran then? Doesnt ake any sense. Jon Snow is also a skin changer, and I cannot imagien the type of person he will be once he disovers that, but it wont be Jon Targaryan .

David I genuinely find your theories the most insightful and interesting to read on this entire forum. I like this theory a lot, it doesn't differ from a lot of what you've written before but I just have one question - why is it you think Dorne would join the side of Jon Snow/Ice, I don't see the connection?

Thanks, I appreciate that. :) Yea, I was baiscally condensing what I wrote in the past while trying to confirm a few things from what I read in the world history book.

Dorne, is more a gut feeling than anything. I think everyone is expecting Dorne to go with the Targs, based on the pact made with Aegon, etc. That maybe, but Dany and Aegon will not share the spotlight. In fact, its basically prophesized that she will put an end to him, lol. So if she takes control of the Targaryan flag, what will Dorne do? Join her? Doran may want this, but I do not see Arianne doing this, especially after they find out how Quentyn died. The Dornish won't go for it, especially Yronwood, where Quentyn grew up, I believe. Remember how the sand snakes and all of Dorne reacted when the Red Viper died? Quentyn is no Oberyn, but he is a prince and he was one of them. That and, culturally the Dornish opposed the Dragon the longest. It's really hard for me to imagine during this chaotic time, that the Dornish would submit to a foreigner. I also bring up that cyclical history, that when Aegon conquered Westeros, he added the swords of the vanquished to the Iron Throne, except for those who peacefully surrendered or were unable to conquer: The North, The Riverlands and Dorne. Ironically, the three main terriroties that seem to be united are that of the North, The Vale and the Riverlands. In fact, as we speak it seems that Sansa will receive the Vale, either Rickon or Jon Snow will receive teh North and maybe if we get a Red Wedding 2.0, Catelyn will get back Riverrun and the Riverlands. There are united as they have been since the Mad King fell. As they were the ones who peacefuly surrendered during Aegon's conquest. The only peace of the puzzle is Dorne, who also held out. They didnt even have to bend the knee.

However, this time around, Im afarid they wont be so lucky of surviving the Conquest, like they did with Dany. Dany's army is so diverse, she could in theory, have a better chance to defeating them as opposed to Aegon. Sellswords, Dothraki, Unsullied, magicians, Wizards, Red Priests, lol.

I think is stands to reason that although the Reach will probably fall to the Dragons, along with the Crownlands and Stormlands (Maybe the Rock as well)

that the Dornish, based on their personalities, will resist. It's an there nature. Unbound, Unbent, Unbroken. Arianne already seems to be having second thoughts as she approaches Aegon.

Culturally, they are as queer to the Andals as the North. I think...there is a strong possibility that the North's faction (including the Riverlands and the Vale)

team up with the Dornish.

The North also has a history with Dorne, mainly surroudning the mysteries of the Tower of Joy. Ned Stark was in love with Ashara Dayne. I think tehre is a story to be told between these two nations. And there is also House Dayne in general. If it is true that their sword Dawn, could potentially be "Light bringer" then someone needs to get it to the wielder. Maybe it's Jon Snow. Bottomline, this just adds to my belief that there is still a story to be told between the North and Dorne.

Plus, One could look at the Martells and the Starks as the two new champions of Ice and Fire moving forward lol. That's just my fascination kicking in because my favorite two houses are the Starks and Martells by far (Along with Blackwood).

Thats just my feelings on it because I think the story calls for it.

Archived