Michael Brown Shooting Cont

Relic

Jslay,

Whatever you write, you sound more and more racist. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself before you engage in this subject again. Start with Wikipedia, move on to people like Ta-Nahesi Coates. And yes everyone has racism, but some of us recognize it and try to deal with it, some including you (I'm guessing from your posts) just become more racist and ignorant. Being American doesn't excuse your racism and ignorance, nor does watching an Eddie Murphy movie and knowing some black people. Once you've done some reading and you're slightly less ignorant, perhaps you can try to actual have a real conversation with some black people (and by this I mean you should up and listen and learn), I won't volunteer personally because I'm over siting and and handholding white people while they try to understand racism and deal with their own racism and privilege. Find me in the right mood and I might school you, but I probably won't be very nice.

Jslay,

Whatever you write, you sound more and more racist. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself before you engage in this subject again. Start with Wikipedia, move on to people like Ta-Nahesi Coates. And yes everyone has racism, but some of us recognize it and try to deal with it, some including you (I'm guessing from your posts) just become more racist and ignorant. Being American doesn't excuse your racism and ignorance, nor does watching an Eddie Murphy movie and knowing some black people. Once you've done some reading and you're slightly less ignorant, perhaps you can try to actual have a real conversation with some black people (and by this I mean you should up and listen and learn), I won't volunteer personally because I'm over siting and and handholding white people while they try to understand racism and deal with their own racism and privilege. Find me in the right mood and I might school you, but I probably won't be very nice.

Ok. And what would said reading teach me?

Really? I'm trying to be open minded. What don't I understand? I understand that there are good and bad people of every race and ethnicity. It just so happens that in the US the percentage of AA who are in prison is extremely higher than the percentage they make up in the population. That is a fact. There are reasons why. But facts are facts.

Ok. And what would said reading teach me?

You're right, you personally would probably learn nothing. Clearly you're quite content with your ignorance and racism.

Really? I'm trying to be open minded. What don't I understand? I understand that there are good and bad people of every race and ethnicity. It just so happens that in the US the percentage of AA who are in prison is extremely higher than the percentage they make up in the population. That is a fact. There are reasons why. But facts are facts.

What don't you understand? Everything about institutionalized racism, which very much includes the criminal justice system. You're not trying to be open minded, you're trying to justify your own ignorance and racism.

If you seen the movie trading places then you have an idea of what im talking about.

But The US is the way it is. If everyone could live the same way, it would be a much better country. But it isnt.

This is funny in a terribly sad sort of way. Reading your posts previously I wanted to ask you if your research came from the movie Trading Places.

This is funny in a terribly sad sort of way. Reading your posts previously I wanted to ask you if your research came from the movie Trading Places.

The movie is an example. I live in a city where there is a white side of town and black side. I have actually been in a ghetto. I understand. Some of you have seen ghettos (in PBS documentaries) and think you have a shred of an idea about what goes on there.

The movie is an example. I live in a city where there is a white side of town and black side. I have actually been in a ghetto. I understand. Some of you have seen ghettos (in PBS documentaries) and think you have a shred of an idea about what goes on there.

Lol. Tell us what you observed in your trip into the ghetto, o intrepid explorer. I am sure you know exactly what "goes on there" eh?

What did you think of Leprachaun in the Hood? A lot of my theories about race relations are based on that movie.

You get funnier by the post. Tell me more about ghettos. I only live in Washington park providence RI not that it matters. Or is any of your business.

If your a white person walking into the Marina housing projects in Bridgeport, CT you are going to be stopped by the cops. Because no white people live there. What goes on? Herion and Crack being sold. The drug dealers themselves are cool. They want you to keep coming back, so they try to make sure your not fucked with. But it's the addicts who will rob you, take your shit. So they can stay high. If your looking for prostitutes, you don't have to go far. But they themselves are mostly addicts.

Oh wow jslay visited a ghetto once, well obviously now he's the world leading expert pn American ghettos.

You do realize, jslay, that some of us visit ghettos all the time, some of us live in or have lived in ghettos, some of us <gasp> even grew up in one? And yes I'm talking about the black kind.

And I live in a majority black city with a few white neighborhoods and a lot of poor black neighborhoods (aka ghettos), including the one I live in. Maybe you've heard of Baltimore?

And I live in a majority black city with a few white neighborhoods and a lot of poor black neighborhoods (aka ghettos), including the one I live in. Maybe you've heard of Baltimore?

I heard its a wonderful and peaceful place, according to Mike Rowe anyway

Archived