Michael Brown Shooting Cont

Relic

The war on poverty is not working. 22 trillion dollars spent since 1960. But most of these guys suggest we throw more money at it. Brought this up awhile back but they couldn't handle it. We've moved far from the issue in Ferguson though.

Hey, remember that post I made refuting that claim, point by point, in the US politics thread? I'm still awaiting a response on that.

Which thread? The last one?

Yeah. I don't really expect you to dig it up or anything, as I have no idea what page it was on; I just wanted to point out that your statement has been, if not disproved, then at least strongly refuted. I'll lend credence to it if you can provide a substantial counterargument to the points I made a few days ago, though.

Wow, this J guy should get a clown suit. What a joke. I don't understand why we let moronic statements dictate the course of these threads. Painful.

Very true. We have gotten away from how an innocent African American was unlawfully shot and killed by a Caucasian police officer. That was the original topic was it not?

DailyKos claims to have proven that Michael Brown was 148 feet from Darren Wilson when he was shot and killed. Ferguson PD has been telling us it was 35 feet and that's why Wilson felt he was in danger.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/20/1346374/-BREAKING-VIDEO-Police-Lied-Mike-Brown-was-killed-148-feet-away-from-Darren-Wilson-s-SUV#

If Kos is right, then that's a pretty big hole in the "imminent danger" defense.

The point being, as I understand it, is that the encounter that led Wilson to fear for his safety was in or around the SUV (the punch to the face, struggle for the gun). If the shooting occurred 100+ feet from the spot of this incident, it would seem either; at best Wilson seriously lied or misrepresented his version of event, leaving out a rather major detail of how they came to be so far away from the SUV-- or at worst Wilson willfully pursued Brown for a significant distance (bizarre and unlikely if he felt his life was in immediate jeopardy) and shot a fleeing suspect to death.

The point being, as I understand it, is that the encounter that led Wilson to fear for his safety was in or around the SUV (the punch to the face, struggle for the gun). If the shooting occurred 100+ feet from the spot of this incident, it would seem either; at best Wilson seriously lied or misrepresented his version of event, leaving out a rather major detail of how they came to be so far away from the SUV-- or at worst Wilson willfully pursued Brown for a significant distance (bizarre and unlikely if he felt his life was in immediate jeopardy) and shot a fleeing suspect to death.

Or Wilson pursued Brown and shot a suspect who (after the initial assault) turned and came at him.

Or Wilson pursued Brown and shot a suspect who (after the initial assault) turned and came at him.

So, after allegedly being assaulted in his own department vehicle and supposedly struggling for custody of his own sidearm, he feels safe enough to pursue, alone, on foot, for 110 some odd feet, at which point he suddenly fears an unarmed suspect 12 towards away enough to shoot dead... As opposed to radioing for armed and motorized back up, following in his vehicle, etc?

Sure, I'll take this daily Kos thing with a grain if salt, I'd love to see some confirmation or validation from a second party, but if this shit is even close to accurate, it makes Wilson seem criminally malfeasant, even without any disturbing racial bias that may or may not have been present

It actually make sense. The alleged scuffle takes place, a shots fired, and Brown runs away. Wilson isn't going to just jump out of the SUV firing, his job is to now get Brown in cuffs. He chases Brown, then Brown turns and moves toward Wilson. It just makes sense that they would move away from the vehicle

It actually make sense. The alleged scuffle takes place, a shots fired, and Brown runs away. Wilson isn't going to just jump out of the SUV firing, his job is to now get Brown in cuffs. He chases Brown, then Brown turns and moves toward Wilson. It just makes sense that they would move away from the vehicle

But it doesn't. It's not Wilson's job to be judge jury and executioner. You're right, it's his job to get Brown apprehended, but he has protocols to follow, and departmental resources to call upon. That whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing?

So, after allegedly being assaulted in his own department vehicle and supposedly struggling for custody of his own sidearm, he feels safe enough to pursue, alone, on foot, for 110 some odd feet, at which point he suddenly fears an unarmed suspect 12 towards away enough to shoot dead... As opposed to radioing for armed and motorized back up, following in his vehicle, etc?

Sure, I'll take this daily Kos thing with a grain

He already requested a second car before the initial incident. That's in the audio that was just released. When Brown turns and flees, Wilson can't just let him run. I mean technically he could, but that doesn't seem to be what a police officer would do, IMO. He may have tried to get Brown to get on the ground and make an arrest but no one can say that for sure.

We do know Brown wasn't shot from behind. So, if it Wilson has Brown stopped and facing him, why shoot? He could've waited for that second car who arrived not long after the fatal shooting. The only logical reason to shoot at Brown again, IMO, is if Brown began to move toward Wilson and did not respond to calls to stop.

That's all speculation BTW. No one knows what happened. No one in this thread especially.

If it makes sense why leave that little detail out?

ETA:

Of course for you it would make sense even if Michael Brown had been doing the windmill (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rrq6l3dkDA) and Wilson felt threatened by Brown's legs and then shot him dead.

Archived