Michael Brown Shooting Cont

Relic

I stand by my statement. I feel like we have a generation of democrats that grew up in the years following the Civil Rights movement and are promoting their own agenda as they come closer to retiring. The protests tonight are a throwback to that era.

You don't think they might just be angry at the Grand Jury decision?

You don't think they might just be angry at the Grand Jury decision?

Of course they are. So angry that they looted a cell phone place and meat market/liquor store to make their point. Because that doing that would do somehow change the Grand Jury's mind. Those crowds were easily dissipated after that particular looting. Right now, they are getting drunk and this whole thing might explode all over again.

I think it is a shame that the requests of the Brown's parents are being disregarded. Let them mourn their son.

Brown's parents asked for peaceful protests, they did not ask for no protests and in fact appear to support the protests. The vast majority of the protests are peaceful, I don't see how most people are disregarding their wishes or not allowing them to mourn their son. If anything knowing there will be no justice for Brown's killing as there is not for the majority of extrajudicial killing of black people (primarily men) in this country makes mourning him more difficult.

TPTWP, do you understand how the legal system works? That Wilson was not indicted does not mean that he is innocent, it means the jury for whatever reason (lack of sufficient evidence, bias whatever) chose not to indict, likewise being tried and found not guilty does not mean the person is innocent it means the jury decided that there was a reasonable doubt, there's a reason the verdict is not guilty instead of innocent. Furthermore there is a great deal of bias in the justice system, including with juries, and specifically there is a lot of anti-black bias, this is well documented.

Brown's parents asked for peaceful protests, they did not ask for no protests and in fact appear to support the protests. The vast majority of the protests are peaceful, I don't see how most people are disregarding their wishes or not allowing them to mourn their son. If anything knowing there will be no justice for Brown's killing as there is not for the majority of extrajudicial killing of black people (primarily men) in this country makes mourning him more difficult.

TPTWP, do you understand how the legal system works? That Wilson was not indicted does not mean that he is innocent, it means the jury for whatever reason (lack of sufficient evidence, bias whatever) chose not to indict, likewise being tried and found not guilty does not mean the person is innocent it means the jury decided that there was a reasonable doubt, there's a reason the verdict is not guilty instead of innocent. Furthermore there is a great deal of bias in the justice system, including with juries, and specifically there is a lot of anti-black bias, this is well documented.

You're right it doesn't mean he's innocent. It doesn't mean he's guilty. It actually means no crime was committed. Therefore, he can't be innocent or guilty if no crime was committed. Do you know how the legal system works?

I stand by my statement. I feel like we have a generation of democrats that grew up in the years following the Civil Rights movement and are promoting their own agenda as they come closer to retiring. The protests tonight are a throwback to that era.

These looters and the professional protestors class do not represent the left or liberal politics.

You're right it doesn't mean he's innocent. It doesn't mean he's guilty. It actually means no crime was committed. Therefore, he can't be innocent or guilty if no crime was committed. Do you know how the legal system works?

No, it does not mean no crime was committed, it means the grand jury did not find the evidence of a crime to be enough to indict.

How do you think the jury or the evidences were rigged, the great unwashed?

I'm obviously not TGU, but how many prosecutors who work day in and day out with the cops and often need the help of police and law enforcement contacts to move ahead with their careers are going to prosecute a cop for anything less than the most ridiculously flagrant cases of brutality, corruption, or unjustified shooting? Doing that will weigh around their neck like a millstone for the rest of their life in public service.

Wilson never filed an incident report and was able to tailor his story to the available evidence. Makes it much easier to get away with a crime that way.

I'm curious about this, Wilson has the right not to incriminate himself. A police report is admissable as evidence as far as I know. So does his right not to incriminate himself trump his obligation to file a report?

Wilson never filed an incident report and was able to tailor his story to the available evidence. Makes it much easier to get away with a crime that way.

I heard on NPR that wilson was immediately interviewed and recorded right after the incident, and his testimony was corroborated by later physical evidences.

I am loathe to be defending what they are stating, but I find the condemnation of the "stay classy" comment quite one sided .... because c'mon how often have someone else stated "stay classy republicans" without any repercussions?

You don't find the variations from extremely thinly veiled to just openly racist tone involved in much of this discussion to have a slightly different character to business as usual political sniping? Personally I think shooting unarmed teens is a lot less classy than protesting said shooting.

Archived