Michael Brown shooting six

Summah

The unarmed man in this situation tried to take his gun. It is safe to assume he would try again if close enough.

that isn't the point. Can you find one example of an unarmed man successfully killing a police?

I understand that you believe this to be a threat but as truemetis said, cops get into fights with people all the time. Have any of them ever killed a cop?

not really; any unarmed person being gunned down by a police is newsworthy.

Also why didn't Wilson use those techniques? You kind of completely skipped over that.

Leaving out the part of my quote where Brown committed a robbery and choking the store owner changes the context of my quote and you know it.

You see by editing my quote you are using the facts you deem worthy to make your point instead of using ALL the facts to prove your point.

Again if the media knew that Brown had committed a robbery and choked the owner while doing it and was killed by a police officer shorty after the fact it would have been a news story but the story would not have gotten legs nor would it have made national news.

ME - Thanks for the answer on the partner thing. I guess it's cheaper to get second hand guns and APCs from the army than hire and train decent Officers to walk a beat.

I guess the rationale is that backup is but a radio call away. Better to have eyes in more places, etc, etc.

Oh yeah, and two cops in one car write as half as many tickets as two cops in two seperate cars.

So why aren't people shot more often then? Cops go hand to hand with suspects all the time, yet this doesn't seem to be a concern for them.

This question is really for everyone TM. When's the last time you were punched in the face or head. You know that woozie feeling you get. It kind of disorients you a little. Now this whole situation happened in what, 40-50 seconds. That's long enough to still be disoriented from a few good punches to the face. Again, you guys are completely ok with neglecting that brown punched an officer and grabbed for his gun. Then after all that charged him again.

Here, since tptwp is apparently unable to respond to simple requests, here's a breitbart link: since 2000 51 cops were shot by their weapon. I've not done the research into all the cases, but at least once it happened.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/08/30/57-Police-Officers-were-Fatally-Shot-by-Unarmed-Suspects

Which makes me wonder why police are as a rule armed anyway.

so?

It doesn't matter even if brown wants to kill Wilson. He is still unarmed. He is still not a credible threat.

We're going on circles here... If he could get the gun he would no longer be unarmed. And what would he do with the gun? Turn and run away. No, he would have shot Wilson and none of this would be sensationalized. Or covered nationally

This question is really got everyone TM. When's the last time you were punched in the face or head. You know that woozie feeling you get. It kind of disorients you a little. Now this whole situation happened in what, 40-50 seconds. That's long enough to still be disoriented from a few good punches to the face. Again, you guys are completely ok with neglecting that brown punched an officer and grabbed for his gun. Then after all that charged him again.

Once again (yes, you've brought this strawman up before!) no one is saying there shouldn't be consequences for doing this, we are just saying they should be arrest and charges not execution.

If he was disoriented from the punches, then that would certainly be exculpatory evidence at a trial. Seriously having him submit a report over it would really have helped with this as well, that's not exactly an unusual request.

Leaving out the part of my quote where Brown committed a robbery and choking the store owner changes the context of my quote and you know it.

You see by editing my quote you are using the facts you deem worthy to make your point instead of using ALL the facts to prove your point.

Again if the media knew that Brown had committed a robbery and choked the owner while doing it and was killed by a police officer shorty after the fact it would have been a news story but the story would not have gotten legs nor would it have made national news.

Social must have learned his methods from MSNBC. They do selective editing also

i didn't edit anything. I'm on my phone. It's almost impossible to.

An unarmed person being killed by a police will always be newsworthy because it's horrible. It got national news because it was not during a crime being committed and had multiple witnesses. The particulars of the crime don't matter any more than they did with trayvon Martin.

Social must have learned his methods from MSNBC. They do selective editing also

actually if you'll notice syc edited his post after I responded. The selective editing is on his end. Guess syc learned his lessons from msnbc?

This question is really got everyone TM. When's the last time you were punched in the face or head. You know that woozie feeling you get. It kind of disorients you a little. Now this whole situation happened in what, 40-50 seconds. That's long enough to still be disoriented from a few good punches to the face. Again, you guys are completely ok with neglecting that brown punched an officer and grabbed for his gun. Then after all that charged him again.

I question them being "good punches" considering Wilson looks like he got into a fight with a toddler.

ETA: Wrong name.

Here, since tptwp is apparently unable to respond to simple requests, here's a breitbart link: since 2000 51 cops were shot by their weapon. I've not done the research into all the cases, but at least once it happened.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/08/30/57-Police-Officers-were-Fatally-Shot-by-Unarmed-Suspects

Which makes me wonder why police are as a rule armed anyway.

So you just proved yourself wrong. Congrats. Your question was about unarmed suspects. Brown was trying his best to become an armed suspect.

Control of the situation was regained when Brown disengaged and retreated a substantial distance from the SUV. The photographs of the "injuries" are pretty clear they weren't major and look as likely to have come from hitting his head on the car in the altercation as from a punch. He absolutely can be expected to either get back into a physical confrontation (no longer in a surprise attack, but in circumstances he can very much control) or retreat from the confrontation and await backup rather than simply executing the person.

That's one thing I haven't seen in the coverage of this, why was he even on his own in the first place? Does this particular PD not do the operating in pairs thing which I thought was standard practice to avoid these circumstances? Or is that not as standard practice as I thought?

It's actually cheaper for the police in America to be alone in a patrol car and more efficient that way than to have two officers in a patrol car. They can respond to more calls that way.

Most precincts operate that way. Remember the police are paid from taxes in America.

My college education taught me that.

So you just proved yourself wrong. Congrats. Your question was about unarmed suspects. Brown was trying his best to become an armed suspect.

im not sure why you're so combative. I didn't prove myself wrong; I answered the question you happily and repeatedly avoided, probably because you were afraid of the answer.

It is then vaguely reasonable to call it a credible threat. It doesn't explain why he didn't use pepper spray. Or why he felt he needed to shoot brown a couple more times after the first couple rounds.

I question them being "good punches" considering brown looks like he got into a fight with a toddler.

So now we'll debate the strength of Brown's punches!? Nah, I'm good. He punched a cop, tried to take his gun. Got shot, fled, and was told to get down. Refused, approached, was shot again. Told to get down, refused, approached, shot and killed. Count how many times Brown could have resolved the issue by complying.

It's actually cheaper for the police in America to be alone in a patrol car and more efficient that way than to have two officers in a patrol car. They can respond to more calls that way.

Most precincts operate that way.

My college education taught me that.

Congratulations I guess? Not sure why I'd expect my still in progress college education on subjects not remotely related to American Law Enforcement to teach me that?

Archived