Michael Brown shooting six

Summah

Right. The physical evidence that no pictures were taken of at the time of the crime but were reconstructed later.

And "many other witnesses"? There were many witnesses who all had different stories, 5 or 6, and McCulloch picked the 1 witness in each case that was most favourable to the Wilson and said THIS is the reliable witness.

McCulloch, the "prosecutor" ie defence attorney.

Three separate autopsies are part of the physical evidence and they were all consistent with each other.

The witnesses that said Brown was standing above brown firing... Your going to entertain the notion that he wasn't full of shit or he just forgot... Really?

I'm just saying, people have had much weirder false memories, so it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility that they remembered/saw things differently. But yes, it's likely that something else was going on if the reports were this disparate.

It's a 6'4 284 pound teenagers vs a 6'4 210 pound cop. Do you guys not train your cops at all or something? Even rudimentary hand to hand should be enough to deal with a fucking teenager.

Not if the teenager surprised the cop by attacking suddenly. A surprise attack has won many battles throughout history.

And remember in this case Wilson was sitting in his patrol car while Brown was standing outside of it. Meaning Wilson was in a confined space so Brown had the advantage.

I'm just saying, people have had much weirder false memories, so it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility that they remembered/saw things differently. But yes, it's likely that something else was going on if the reports were this disparate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/11/25/why-many-eyewitnesses-in-the-darren-wilson-investigation-were-wrong/?tid=hp_mm

Maybe I was coming in a little hot by calling them liars. But they were wrong. 60 witnesses. That's alot of testimony to sift through

I am trying to hear the whole interview, but I don't see it posted yet, I heard that comment on the news.

I'm in Cambodia and my Internet connection is weak atm so I haven't watched the interview. Did Wilson ever state why he didn't simply stomp on the gas peddle and call for backup?

I'm in Cambodia and my Internet connection is weak atm so I haven't watched the interview. Did Wilson ever state why he didn't simply stomp on the gas peddle and call for backup?

He did call for back up and he positioned his patrol car at angle in the road that blocked all traffic when he realized that Brown matched the description of the person who had just committed a robbery.

It's a shame that you won't see this post that answers both of your questions.

He did call for back up and he positioned his patrol car at angle in the road that blocked all traffic when he realized that Brown matched the description of the person who had just committed a robbery.

It's a shame that you won't see this post that answers both of your questions.

He doesn't want to hear that creepo.

Around here, at least, the local cops pride themselves on being physically fit - they are constantly participating in local marathons or other athletic events.

Episode that sticks in mind was the cop who had a guy break away from a line-up outside a storefront and start running. (I was manning the counter inside.) Cop deliberately waits a good thirty, forty seconds, says 'well, I need a good workout' and took off after said suspect on foot. Despite the lead time, the runner didn't get all that far.

My take: ANY sort of hand to hand confrontation between Wilson and Brown, Wilson comes out on top in about five seconds - tops. Browns size and weight wouldn't matter in the least - training triumphs.

It all depends on the situation. In this case a 6ft 4in tall 300 pound person can easily kill a person of the same height and almost a hundred pounds lighter.
A trained police officer that isn't surprised, when the guy is 25 yards away? Really? That's what you think?

A trained police officer that isn't surprised, when the guy is 25 yards away? Really? That's what you think?

I noticed you ignored my reply to your post to me.

The initial encounter took place while Wilson was in his car. That was when Wilson was surprised.

Do you even know the facts in this case or are you just drinking the Kool-aid that you are reading from social media?

Yes, they are trained to use escalating force. For example:

1.Verbal commands.

2. Pepper spray.

3. Tasers.

4. Firearms.

Now my list isn't completely accurate but the gist is there.

Apparently Wilson didn't have steps 2 and 3 and had to go straight from 1 to 4.

That's it seriously? Utilise external weapons, escalating to and including shooting, but no unarmed options at all? Because I'm pretty sure police in other areas can manage to subdue people without a taser or pepper spray or shooting them.

Not if the teenager surprised the cop by attacking suddenly. A surprise attack has won many battles throughout history.

And remember in this case Wilson was sitting in his patrol car while Brown was standing outside of it. Meaning Wilson was in a confined space so Brown had the advantage.

Except the fight didn't escalate from there, at the time of the shooting Wilson was out of his car, aware and prepared. He should be able to subdue without lethal force or you are failing in the way you train your officers.

I noticed you ignored my reply to your post to me.

No, I didn't respond. There is a difference. The conversation had moved on. IIRC, you said that you thought that this was justified because...um...apparently there is no other way to stop a large man when they're charging you, despite having pepper spray and a baton handy. Apparently any unarmed combat abilities that you have are completely impossible to use.

Weird that the posters that seem to at least question Wilsons side of the story, or at least challenge the DA seem to have high post counts, whereas the people that support Wilson have low post counts. Huh.

And yeah I was in the military, and we specifically train with people that are larger and bigger than us in close quarters combat. Its how it is, you dont always have a gun. We get taught combatives, and you sometimes have to fight someone alot bigger than you, and the same techniques work either way.

I dont believe one second that Wilson had no choice but to shoot, especially when he was actually armed with a baton and mace. When we did combatives we are taught with no arms atall, and its possible to take down someone bigger than you. Maybe they need better training.

Oh right, here was the response:

It all depends on the situation. In this case a 6ft 4in tall 300 pound person can easily kill a person of the same height and almost a hundred pounds lighter.

Actually, unless you're very well trained it's very hard to kill another human being bare handed. The best most people are going to be able to do is choke them, but police are supposed to be trained not to allow that level of close attack or leverage. Fist fights aren't particularly dangerous most of the time. If Wilson stays up at all, it'll be tough to do much in the way of lasting damage.

I'd love to see a citation saying how easy it is to kill a person, even if you're 300 pounds. To put it in perspective, Rodney King was beaten while essentially defenseless by 4 police officers with nightsticks for over 5 minutes and didn't die.

Archived