Michael Brown shooting six

Summah

Again it's not conclusive, TPTWP, that final piece of evidence you mention, yes the physical evidence Brown was moving towards Wilson, but we don't know how or why, it could have been charging, though I find that difficult to imagine because he was most likely shot several times by then, it could have been in surrender, it could have been injured staggering. What is not clear from Wilson's testimony is how Brown ended up almost 150 ft from the police car, but that goes back to an article linked in the last thread: that Wilson's story is literally unbelievable.

Anything can be considered unbelievable if your goal is to not believe it. Especially if your goal is so others don't believe it.

Acknowledging the dynamics of race in something like this isn't being racist, but that's another one out of the play book so you are on fire. And apparently we are attacking freedom of speech in here, we are on fire!

Apparently there are a few of close minded people here who don't value free speech on a public forum. Oh well.

In other news, the New York times has supposedly published the current address of Wilson and his bride.

Apparently there are some people here who do not understand the difference between "criticism and discussion" and "free speech". :rolleyes:

Ok...apart from myself, how many people in this thread have actually sat on a grand jury?

The one I was in, the prosecutor would bring in witnesses - sometimes victims. We got to listen to these people and cops. We could ask questions - but the prosecutor would jump all over anybody asking questions he deemed irrelevant - and the definition of 'relevant' was pretty dang narrow. More than once, we had to get creative just to ask some fairly basic questions of these people, the sort of questions you'd ask without a thought in a non judicial setting.

I haven't nor have I been on a regular jury. I would like to sit on both though.

Apparently there are a few of close minded people here who don't value free speech on a public forum. Oh well.

In other news, the New York times has supposedly published the current address of Wilson and his bride.

I saw that but I'm really not surprised. Don't get me wrong, it's disgusting. Not surprised they want someone to kill him and his wife though.

It's funny how the people who have been calling out all the "racists" and "Fox news watchers" are the ones who are making it about skin color.

No. This grand jury's verdict was very, very abnormal. In my experience, a case brought before a grand jury almost always moves to trial - unless the prosecutor flat out fails to make a case.

It's funny how the people who have been calling out all the "racists" and "Fox news watchers" are the ones who are making it about skin color.

.... Yes, if there's racism involved, then race is a factor. You know, by definition.

I haven't nor have I been on a regular jury. I would like to sit on both though

I have been on both. Petit jury is basically boring as hell (why are the board lawyers aiming 'weapons of legal destruction' at me?)

Grand jury was far more interesting - and regular, being every Friday instead of whenever.

For you, either would be a major eye opener.

Acknowledging the dynamics of race in something like this isn't being racist, but that's another one out of the play book so you are on fire. And apparently we are attacking freedom of speech in here, we are on fire!

I was called a race baiter with no race related posts... You post this

I think it very likely that he's a racist piece of shit cop although I am not certain of this and I am convinced that this would have played out differently had Brown not been black.

And that's considered fair game? Apparently, acknowledging the dynamics of race is only accepted if we share your opinion on the subject.

I have been on both. Petit jury is basically boring as hell (why are the board lawyers aiming 'weapons of legal destruction' at me?)

Grand jury was far more interesting - and regular, being every Friday instead of whenever.

For you, either would be a major eye opener.

Not a major eye opener but a minor one.

Sorry bother but my education and background haven't been disclosed here and I'm not inclined to do so. I do know more about the judicial system than the average American.

Archived