Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

To be fair, Ethan dying compared to what Ramsay would do to Talia is definitely the lesser of the two evils.

I agree, but it was an option. Maybe he just takes Talia and leaves Ryon (AKA Rickon) behind.

I'm curious now...

But I have a bad feeling the either Ethan dies either way, or Lady Forrestor gets killed trying to stop Ramsay.

I can't see there being a somewhat positive ending to this scene.

Agreed. I think Ethan dying was good for the story. The boy lord got to make some grown up decisions, but ultimately was outdone by a stronger, more formidable character.

I was starting to like the character, and then boom...

At least they are sticking to the mechanics of the series. It was honestly not what I was expecting. I was expecting my sentinel (Ser Royland) would die.

Looking forward to Asher's appearance though. That guy sounds like the badass forrestor.

I think he will most likely get involved in the Mereenese knot. Uncle Malcolm comes from a destroyed Targ loyalist family, so I don't think they'll be heading west.

As for Ethan, I've tried another of the options regarding Talia and he still gets killed, so I don't think he can be saved. It's a pity, not because of his death, but because some choices lead to the same outcome. I think it would be better to have choices leading to either Ethan or Talia's death and the story moves on from there.

BTW, when are the final episodes going to be released? If they are released as the next season is broadcasted, the game could be following the series. Which makes sense and allows the Forrester story to end by the time of the Battle of Crofter's Village or something.

I'm also going to say that the conversation with Cersei was one of the best moments in the episode. I liked it when Tyrion would say "clever girl" or something along those lines two or three times, it made me like him more. I didn't go along with his plan though, it sounded too risky.

Does anybody else not trust Sera, the other handmaiden? She and the dirty looking boy give me a bad feeling. I was going to ask Marg for help, but she Sera was also in the room.

As for Ethan, I've tried another of the options regarding Talia and he still gets killed, so I don't think he can be saved. It's a pity, not because of his death, but because some choices lead to the same outcome. I think it would be better to have choices leading to either Ethan or Talia's death and the story moves on from there.

I'm with you. The death was shocking, but I wish it would have had a different outcome with different routes taken. I think that makes the story better. With the choices I made, I think the death was inevitable. I took a hard stance against the Whitehills, and yanked Talia away from Ramsay.

Does anybody else not trust Sera, the other handmaiden? She and the dirty looking boy give me a bad feeling. I was going to ask Marg for help, but she Sera was also in the room.

I sent her out of the room when I spoke with Marg. When it comes to KL, the fewer ears around the better, I think.

I've liked the game; that twist in the end was something completely shocking, yet feel something that could have happened in books or show.

That said, is there a scenario in which the ending can change or not? If yes, post in spoilers, please.

I don't believe there is. I had an eerie feeling when Ramsay entered the Great Hall, and thought I may have swayed him when I made the argument that Whitehill men have failed with the ironwood in the past, but he was there for blood, and got it. My jaw dropped when the dagger flashed.

I enjoyed this episode and am definitely looking forward to more. The atmosphere, dialogue, and story was great. I actually convinced myself that I was doing well for a short while, until that shocker of an ending.

Although, for all it's positives there were a few glaring issues with the textures/graphics. Certain scenes had very jarring edges and muddy looking splotches on walls and backgrounds, so as a result the mood of the scene was slightly tarnished.

Asides from the graphical issues, I liked it.

Anyway, these were the choices I made.

Stayed With Bowen

Swore Fealty To Margaery

Took Erik's fingers

Picked Royland as Sentinel

Met Ramsay at the gate

Wow, those were all the exact opposite choices I made.

Okay, fine, fuck it, couldn't help myself. DOWNLOAD COMMENCING.

And fuck going to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, as well, if this game's any good (which I can no longer be sure of because I can't really read this thread closely anymore lest I SPOIL myself :D). Honestly even if it isn't, the art resembling the actors and the actors doing the corresponding voiceover work will leave me agog for a while anyway :)

Ethan and Mira need only my paranoid choice of words and are doing all right but Gared depends on my hand-eye coordination and my unfamiliarity with these controls.

Poor Gared.

Lol yeah you have to be paying attention when in those combat situations with him. I got strangled by the guy near the carriage in the RW scene.

I had to change the resolution and I inserted the xbox controller instead of using the mouse and keyboard.

Lol yeah you have to be paying attention when in those combat situations with him. I got strangled by the guy near the carriage in the RW scene.

I had to change the resolution and I inserted the xbox controller instead of using the mouse and keyboard.

It'll recognize an XBox controller? Cool. Need to set that up then.

I'm wilting under being bound to WASD (even without a controller I move those over to the arrows)

It'll recognize an XBox controller? Cool. Need to set that up then.

I'm wilting under being bound to WASD (even without a controller I move those over to the arrows)

Yep controller works. I normally only stick to mouse and keyboard for FPS.

I don't think I really like this game. I liked other TellTale games more.

This one has a plot which, so far, reminds me too much of the Stark situation. Let's face it, the Forresters are basically Stark replacements, with a few minor differences. I would have liked more an original plot, perhaps not set in the War of th Five Kings, and more original characters and less canon ones.

Theyre a minor house. Lots of minor houses were neglected in the show, due mainly to time constraints.

If HBO cameo'd a forrestor, or mentioned them in series 5, that would be pretty cool IMO.

But the entire story as it's developing right now? That's all original.

I think they were very briefly mentioned in Dance. They're sworn to House Glover. I believe the ironwood is made up as well.

Archived