Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

No, if you sit still, you also get away.

I really liked the first episode, although (or maybe rather because?) they keep the tradition of the books and the series of killing the characters I like the most. Blimey.

Is there already a date set for the next episode? I didn't follow their TWD game until it was fully released, so I don't know in which time spans they released the episodes there.

Is there already a date set for the next episode? I didn't follow their TWD game until it was fully released, so I don't know in which time spans they released the episodes there.

They only announce the release date a few days before the episode arrives. Ideally, there's 4-6 weeks between episodes, but it varies a lot. For example, TWAU episode 2 got released 12 weeks after the first one. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

At first I sent that thief to The Wall purely on gut and my sense of "I gotta do something to him but I'm not Randyll fucking Tarly cutting fingers off is too savage" and roleplay immersion (I am a Northern Lord after all, figure I'm operating in a tradition of having more respect for The Watch).

But the more I think about it the more little nuggets of detail in that scene convince me it's the right call.

New thought process:

You don't steal weapons if you're stealing to feed your family. You either steal food directly or something you can inconspicuously trade/sell for food. Castle-forged steel weaponry is NOT inconspicuous. And didn't he steal one of our trademark MacGuffin Ironwood shields too? Yeah good luck not raising eyebrows when you try to exchange that for a sack of potatoes.

Cutting off his fingers doesn't do a damn thing about his mouth. And he's not dangerous physically, he's a threat verbally. Doomsaying and undermining everyone's confidence in me at best, agitating for insurrection and coup d'etat at worst. Cut his fingers off and he's still running around, talking to whoever he's been talking to. Nah, you need to silence that dude, and executing him for "mere" thievery makes him a martyr and exacerbates the problem. Nope, gotta get his voice out of there. Take The Black.

At first I sent that thief to The Wall purely on gut and my sense of "I gotta do something to him but I'm not Randyll fucking Tarly cutting fingers off is too savage" and roleplay immersion (I am a Northern Lord after all, figure I'm operating in a tradition of having more respect for The Watch).

But the more I think about it the more little nuggets of detail in that scene convince me it's the right call.

New thought process:

You don't steal weapons if you're stealing to feed your family. You either steal food directly or something you can inconspicuously trade/sell for food. Castle-forged steel weaponry is NOT inconspicuous. And didn't he steal one of our trademark MacGuffin Ironwood shields too? Yeah good luck not raising eyebrows when you try to exchange that for a sack of potatoes.

Cutting off his fingers doesn't do a damn thing about his mouth. And he's not dangerous physically, he's a threat verbally. Doomsaying and undermining everyone's confidence in me at best, agitating for insurrection and coup d'etat at worst. Cut his fingers off and he's still running around, talking to whoever he's been talking to. Nah, you need to silence that dude, and executing him for "mere" thievery makes him a martyr and exacerbates the problem. Nope, gotta get his voice out of there. Take The Black.

I also sent him to the Wall. I didn't want to create any more turmoil than was necessary. And like you said, helping out the NW by sending them a new member can't hurt.

I think choices in future episodes will have more unique consequences. This kinda seemed like a prologue of sorts.

I sent that guy to the wall just cause I figured Gared would then see him there later.

Good point.

Malcom kind of reminded me of Benjen in a way. Pretty far down the line of succession but still doing his duty for his house; even though Benjen went to the Wall, and Malcom is going to fetch Asher.

They only announce the release date a few days before the episode arrives. Ideally, there's 4-6 weeks between episodes, but it varies a lot. For example, TWAU episode 2 got released 12 weeks after the first one. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

Oh Jeez. I bought TWD 1 and 2 when they were both fully released. I figured since I am a regular at this board, and its gaming thread, I figured I may as well not get accidentally spoiled for holding out.

I played through twice to see if anything would change from different choices, and I found in general that very little changed. On my first run, I guess I was pretty Stannis-y:

Stayed with Bowen
Killed the second Whitehill
Swore fealty to Joffrey
Cut off Erik's fingers
Chose Royland as my sentinal
Met Ramsay at the gate

I have to say I was surprised to see the statistics on the punishment for Erik. For me, sending him to the Wall seemed more extreme, since he'd have to leave his family and everything, whereas the three fingers didn't seem like that big of a deal (not that I wouldn't miss them if I lost any of my own fingers!)

The second playthrough I did the opposite choices for everything but swearing to Joffrey and cutting off Erik's fingers. I am curious to know what Cersei would say if I swore for Marg, but I was too scared of her to do it, lol. In my first playthrough I sent Sera out to talk to Marg, and let her stay the second time, but it didn't seem to change much yet - both of the items were on the table both times. I took just the seal on my first play hoping to forge a letter, and didn't take anything the second time.

Overall I think it's a little disappointing that a lot of the major choices don't make any difference in the ultimate outcome (from what we've seen so far at least), but I also think about some of the other games I've played that do actually branch more, and those often have to sacrifice some of the story or character personalities to do so, so I can accept it.

I played through twice to see if anything would change from different choices, and I found in general that very little changed. On my first run, I guess I was pretty Stannis-y:

Stayed with Bowen

Killed the second Whitehill

Swore fealty to Joffrey

Cut off Erik's fingers

Chose Royland as my sentinal

Met Ramsay at the gate

I have to say I was surprised to see the statistics on the punishment for Erik. For me, sending him to the Wall seemed more extreme, since he'd have to leave his family and everything, whereas the three fingers didn't seem like that big of a deal (not that I wouldn't miss them if I lost any of my own fingers!)

The second playthrough I did the opposite choices for everything but swearing to Joffrey and cutting off Erik's fingers. I am curious to know what Cersei would say if I swore for Marg, but I was too scared of her to do it, lol. In my first playthrough I sent Sera out to talk to Marg, and let her stay the second time, but it didn't seem to change much yet - both of the items were on the table both times. I took just the seal on my first play hoping to forge a letter, and didn't take anything the second time.

Overall I think it's a little disappointing that a lot of the major choices don't make any difference in the ultimate outcome (from what we've seen so far at least), but I also think about some of the other games I've played that do actually branch more, and those often have to sacrifice some of the story or character personalities to do so, so I can accept it.

I'd like to further iterate on the two bolded sentences that were also talked about earlier in the thread.

I would have executed Erik if it gave me that choice. It wasn't just the fact that he stole, but also that he tried to cause insurrection among the Forrester populous. I thought the Wall was too weak of a choice, but hey, they need the men. Stannis needs the men.

Reading the series, and watching the show, I never really get the sense of fear from Cersei. Yes, she's devious, and could have you killed at any moment, but I never really feared her. I always thought she was just an asshole. Being a part of a lower house, and standing before her (with the moody music) actually had me fear for my character. I thought She would have been imprisoned, or executed for not swearing to Joffrey.

I'm guessing that the future episodes will have more unique consequences to the choices you make. I think this was more of a prologue episode, and that TT didn't want the story to go off on a tangent before it really starts.

I look for the next episode to have more diverse choices/consequences.

Did anyone just tell the mother about the important mess if so what happ

Did anyone refuse the mothers request to go get asher

I accidentally told the mom about the Grove. Nothing wild happened.

I told the mom to bring Asher back.

Hey alll im so sorry if advertising is not allowed, but i don't want to advertise on YouTube because it seems like when you do that people smite you and everything! This website has LOADS of Game of Thrones fans such as myself, so I was wondering for the people who haven't want to watch my YouTube series of the new TellTale game?

Thank you so much Game of Thrones Community!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iusdZQo41BQ - Episode 1 - Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46LqtLf_kDM - Episode 1 - Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnY9j7hBG4U - Episode 1 - Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeDlio37Pmc - Episode 1 - Part 4

Great, a game thread :D Is it just me or is the QTE in the beginning, where you are being attacked by the archers extremely difficult? I've failed... oh, I don't know, many times. The arrow pointing towards the archers appears on screen and I start clicking like mad - same result: Valar morghulis. Argh. And that's only the first 12 minutes of the game *meh* That's worse than Gothic 2.

Great, a game thread :D Is it just me or is the QTE in the beginning, where you are being attacked by the archers extremely difficult? I've failed... oh, I don't know, many times. The arrow pointing towards the archers appears on screen and I start clicking like mad - same result: Valar morghulis. Argh. And that's only the first 12 minutes of the game *meh* That's worse than Gothic 2.

I dunno, I dont remember failing any of the QTEs so... I guess it's just you :)

I don't trust House Forrester's maester at all, something's off about him.

Grey Rats, just like Lady Dustin said.

Grey Rats.

And yeah, it takes about .5 seconds of really noticing him for him to start being suspicious.

Lord Forrester's instructions to tell your uncle and no one else almost seems to be said with the maester specifically in mind (though in that light I'm kinda wary of Mama Forrester too. Something about how quickly she can get Lord Asshole of Whitehill to stfu....)

I died once during the RW. I wasn't expecting the QTEs and got zonked. :ack:

Grey Rats, just like Lady Dustin said.

Grey Rats.

And yeah, it takes about .5 seconds of really noticing him for him to start being suspicious.

Lord Forrester's instructions to tell your uncle and no one else almost seems to be said with the maester specifically in mind (though in that light I'm kinda wary of Mama Forrester too. Something about how quickly she can get Lord Asshole of Whitehill to stfu....)

Yeah, many people say she's essentially Catelyn, but she could just as easily turn out to be closer to Cersei on the good woman to psycho bitch scale. I also found it telling that Lord Forrester had no message for his wife and didn't want you to tell her about the Grove.

Archived