Telltale's Game of Thrones: Spoilers Are Coming

l2 0 5 5

Can't quote for some reason *meh*

@SweetPea & I2 0 55: I've been playing games for years now so it really annoys the hell out of me that I can't get past that stupid archer. I mean - I can slay a handful of enemies in Witcher 1 or 2 which is a lot harder than playing an adventure, but this? Argh. Is there anything I'm supposed to do apart from clicking madly as soon as the arrow shows up, pointing towards the archer? Also, is it *uhm* normal that Gared moves around on his own, without me being able to control him at all? This feels so weird, I'm not used to that - usually I play point-and-click-adventures, sometimes rpgs or action adventures when I'm in the mood. I always have full control in those games but here? The only thing I can do is click whenever the game tells me to O_O

Can't quote for some reason *meh*

@SweetPea & I2 0 55: I've been playing games for years now so it really annoys the hell out of me that I can't get past that stupid archer. I mean - I can slay a handful of enemies in Witcher 1 or 2 which is a lot harder than playing an adventure, but this? Argh. Is there anything I'm supposed to do apart from clicking madly as soon as the arrow shows up, pointing towards the archer? Also, is it *uhm* normal that Gared moves around on his own, without me being able to control him at all? This feels so weird, I'm not used to that - usually I play point-and-click-adventures, sometimes rpgs or action adventures when I'm in the mood. I always have full control in those games but here? The only thing I can do is click whenever the game tells me to O_O

I used an Xbox controller throughout the episode. What prompt are you dying on? Is it telling you to swerve to a different side or press a button?

My husband got it for Xbox One, but I'm not comfortable with the controls, so I got it for my iPhone. The gameplay was fine, but I noticed that the iOS version's graphics have problems...like pixelation around the edges of the characters, and out of focus shots on close-ups of the characters. But all-in-all, it was fun to play.

My husband got it for Xbox One, but I'm not comfortable with the controls, so I got it for my iPhone. The gameplay was fine, but I noticed that the iOS version's graphics have problems...like pixelation around the edges of the characters, and out of focus shots on close-ups of the characters. But all-in-all, it was fun to play.

I had similar issues on my PC. I think that's just TellTale's graphics. They could certainly use a boot.

I used an Xbox controller throughout the episode. What prompt are you dying on? Is it telling you to swerve to a different side or press a button?

Problem was, my computer was infected with a virus that messed with the game o_O I refreshed the system, thus getting rid of the virus (virus scan was unable to detect it *argh*), re-installed the game and it worked just fine - have just finished episode 1. Is it just me or are the Forresters basically Stark 2.0? Right now, I'm not that attached to them and I think it's kind of annoying that you can die several times early in the game (usually kills my motivation to carry on). But there were several scenes that I really liked - talking to Cersei and Tyrion was great :D I wasn't that surprised by the ending because, after all, it's Game of Thrones. Character animation could be a lot better but I think that bascially they got the characters - Ramsay looked a bit strange, though. I hope we get to see more familiar characters in the next episodes - I'd SO love it if Mira was able to talk to Oberyn :)

Problem was, my computer was infected with a virus that messed with the game o_O I refreshed the system, thus getting rid of the virus (virus scan was unable to detect it *argh*), re-installed the game and it worked just fine - have just finished episode 1. Is it just me or are the Forresters basically Stark 2.0? Right now, I'm not that attached to them and I think it's kind of annoying that you can die several times early in the game (usually kills my motivation to carry on). But there were several scenes that I really liked - talking to Cersei and Tyrion was great :D I wasn't that surprised by the ending because, after all, it's Game of Thrones. Character animation could be a lot better but I think that bascially they got the characters - Ramsay looked a bit strange, though. I hope we get to see more familiar characters in the next episodes - I'd SO love it if Mira was able to talk to Oberyn :)

I recently had a virus as well.

Yeah they're pretty much the Starks; in particular Ryon (AKA Rickon).

The Cersei scene was great. I had chills whilst walking the length of the throne room as Cersei loomed closer and closer.

I recently had a virus as well.

Yeah they're pretty much the Starks; in particular Ryon (AKA Rickon).

The Cersei scene was great. I had chills whilst walking the length of the throne room as Cersei loomed closer and closer.

yeah the cersei scene was great, I mostly swore to the Crown, but didn't say Joffrey's name when she asked if i was loyal to him.

yeah the cersei scene was great, I mostly swore to the Crown, but didn't say Joffrey's name when she asked if i was loyal to him.

I'm hoping our choices will branch out and provide more unique consequences in future episodes.

I have to remind myself that the choices I make won't all come to fruition in that episode. Down the road I'm sure Cersei will remember my insolence.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on episode 2?

Nothing yet. They don't really talk about the upcoming episodes, they just announce them a few days before they arrive. Since they currently have five games in development, it could take a while.

If it comes by mid February I'll be happy.

I got a PS4 for Xmas and am quite preoccupied with DA: Inquisition and Shadows of Mordor.

Archived