Which food in the series seems the best tasting?

TimJames

Had horse tenderloin in a French restaurant in Toronto, one of the only places that makes it in the province practically. Amazing. Loved reading the reviews though. Every European giving it 5 stars, every animal loving tree huger giving it 1/5 :rofl:

Dothraki horses have an excellent diet and plenty of exercise.

Ah, food... I love the food descriptions and never understood all the complaint about it. My preferences are:

1. Dornish. Everything, really.

2. Braavosi sea food. Umma's kitchen is a gourmet paradise in the most unlikely of places.

3. Roasted meat, combined with various salads. Robert's boar sounded very delicious!

4. Various stews, notably "sister stew" and Yoren's rabbit stew.

Honorable mentions:

1. The oatcakes the unnamed Liddle left for Bran & co. Love love love baked goods!

2. Illyrio's mushrooms in butter.

-- Desert: it's chocolate or nothing (well, fruit in sweet cream might do)

I react badly to spicy food, so Dorne is out of the question.

That’s it! You’re kicked out of the clique!

I’m actually slightly obsessed with the feast they had in Sunspear in The Watcher. If I ever bite the bullet and get married, we’re totally having this. I’m sure there’s a Cantonese restaurant somewhere in town that can hook me up with seven different kinds of snake meat...

1. Soup made with lemon and eggs (Avgolemono, yummy.)

2. Peppers stuffed with cheese and onion

3. Lamprey pie (Always wanted to try this)

4. Honey-glazed capon

5. Giant catfish

6. Snake stew with peppers and blood orange (I think I’d have to omit the venom, though)

7. Spun-sugar skulls filled with custard brains

That’s it! You’re kicked out of the clique!

I’m actually slightly obsessed with the feast they had in Sunspear in The Watcher. If I ever bite the bullet and get married, we’re totally having this. I’m sure there’s a Cantonese restaurant somewhere in town that can hook me up with seven different kinds of snake meat...

1. Soup made with lemon and eggs (Avgolemono, yummy.)

2. Peppers stuffed with cheese and onion

3. Lamprey pie (Always wanted to try this)

4. Honey-glazed capon

5. Giant catfish

6. Snake stew with peppers and blood orange (I think I’d have to omit the venom, though)

7. Spun-sugar skulls filled with custard brains

Maybe I could have specially mild versions if I visited Dorne. Mild stuffed peppers are fine. Hot ones are a totally different matter.

Glazing meat with honey is popular in the books, but not something that really appeals to me (duck,and gammon excepted).

Dornish food, hands down. I mean, hell, listen to a typical snack:

A serving man brought him a bowl of purple olives, with flatbread, cheese, and chickpea paste.

I live on kalamata olives and hummus! And while I don't eat goat, I'd kill for dolmades:

The kid had been roasted with lemon and honey. With it were grape leaves stuffed with a mélange of raisins, onions, mushrooms, and fiery dragon peppers.

And actually the goat reminds me a little bit of this awesome Moroccan chicken recipe.

Please tell me you'd stick with a skull-shape for the dessert :lol:. Also, girl, don't go with a bottom feeder at a wedding...I mean the only kind that's safe to eat is farm-raised, so I'm questioning how big it'd be anyway.

Please tell me you'd stick with a skull-shape for the dessert :lol:. Also, girl, don't go with a bottom feeder at a wedding...I mean the only kind that's safe to eat is farm-raised, so I'm questioning how big it'd be anyway.

You know my opinion of marriage... a bottom feeder would be perfect. I suppose we can make a giant catfish out of several smaller ones.

And we’re totally going for the skulls, for the reason stated above.

I once made a dish from the series, was excellent.

Roasted swan breast with mashed neeps (turnips) with onion and garlic.

I'd never had swan before, but I love trying all kinds of weird meats and veg. Worked out better than I imagined. Very rich. Went down with a nice Malbec.

Best sounding dish has to be Sister's Stew. Three or four kinds of crab meat, all the veggies I love in a chowder kind of base. Yummy.

I thought all swans belonged to the monarch in Britain, Canada and other commonwealth countries, with a heavy penalty for killing - eating them.

Having made most of the dishes in the A Feast of Ice and Fire cookbook, I would say, surprisingly, that the fare at the Wall is some of the best. My favorite by far is the pork pie, but fried ham and fried bread has also become a staple in my house. The applecakes are also delicious. And Mormont's mulled wine was the only wine I've ever had that I actually enjoyed.

Not from the Wall, but Sister's Stew is also amazing.

Archived