Which food in the series seems the best tasting?

TimJames

There are many different foods eaten in the series, some real and some fantastical.

Which food would you like to eat, and how often would you like to eat it?

Any "roasting meat" that is described as smelling heavenly when a character enters the inn it's being cooked in. Nothing too gamey though. Pork, beef, maybe mutton. That steaming mutton pie Tywin turned up his nose at and gave to Arya looked damn tasty. I've never tried mutton, and while I've heard it described as tough, and it's been attributed that that's the reason almost no one in the 1st world eats it anymore, I could never get Billy Crystal's Princess Bride depiction of an "MLT" out of my head. :drool:

Edit: They still have some aurochs left in that world, don't they? Always wondered what that would taste like.

I once made a dish from the series, was excellent.

Roasted swan breast with mashed neeps (turnips) with onion and garlic.

I'd never had swan before, but I love trying all kinds of weird meats and veg. Worked out better than I imagined. Very rich. Went down with a nice Malbec.

Best sounding dish has to be Sister's Stew. Three or four kinds of crab meat, all the veggies I love in a chowder kind of base. Yummy.

I'd go for a stew if among the regular people and roasted meat among the toffs.

As for mutton, picture a cross between lamb and goat and you have mutton. Mayhaps if cooked for a very long time and well seasoned, it would be good. Unfortunately my encounter left a bad taste.

They've made cookbooks from the dishes described in the books that look cool. Also, I heard that every time there is a sex scene in the show, it should be a food scene from the books. But, to answer your question, anything with those fiery Dornish peppers in it.

Yesterday's bread fried in bacon fat, washed down with mulled wine. For breakfast!

They have it at the Wall and Bolton soldiers have it in Winterfell. The lords at the high table have the bacon.

I love the way it's scraps and leftovers, but still sounds tasty. And great in these cold winter mornings.

Horse can be very tasty too (anyone who's eaten steak in France has eaten horse, unless it's described as Biftek).

Had horse tenderloin in a French restaurant in Toronto, one of the only places that makes it in the province practically. Amazing. Loved reading the reviews though. Every European giving it 5 stars, every animal loving tree huger giving it 1/5 :rofl:

Had horse tenderloin in a French restaurant in Toronto, one of the only places that makes it in the province practically. Amazing. Loved reading the reviews though. Every European giving it 5 stars, every animal loving tree huger giving it 1/5 :rofl:

Dothraki horses have an excellent diet and plenty of exercise.

Archived