NFL Week 15-The Johnny Goose Egg Era Begins

Manhole Eunuchsbane

I think that might be the best fit for him too.

And I for one hope the Niners give up on this silly idea of trading him for draft picks. Seems like there is a lot of ways that can blow up in your face.

There's a weird history. Multiple firsts all the way down to nothing. The unique element here is how public the divorce is, meaning it could get down to a game of chicken and, tbh, I want it to. If you're going to be so juvenile that you break something that was this good just because you can't play well with each other, I think you ought to go down diaper wrestling.

Eagles vs Cowboys part deux.

Hopefully our defensive coaches realize that playing zone coverage against the eagles is not the way to beat them.

For the sake of my fantasy team, I hope Maclin is erased today. Am I asking for too much from the Cowboys?

Also good on the Hawks for graciously accepting a gift-wrapped victory courtesy of the Niners (and the refs to a lesser extent). Now they'll fight for the division next week in AZ on Sunday night.

For the sake of my fantasy team, I hope Maclin is erased today. Am I asking for too much from the Cowboys?

Also good on the Hawks for graciously accepting a gift-wrapped victory courtesy of the Niners (and the refs to a lesser extent). Now they'll fight for the division next week in AZ on Sunday night.

I'll tell you what, you're going to have to pull out all the stops to slow down Ryan Lindley.

Don't think you can put 5 or 6 guys out there on defense and expect to stop him. You'll need pretty close to the full 11. 9, at least.

There's a weird history. Multiple firsts all the way down to nothing. The unique element here is how public the divorce is, meaning it could get down to a game of chicken and, tbh, I want it to. If you're going to be so juvenile that you break something that was this good just because you can't play well with each other, I think you ought to go down diaper wrestling.

I think a lot of people are inclined to heap a lot of the blame for this situation on the 49er brass. I don't think that is entirely fair. I for one love Harbaugh and no one was yelling louder than me for the Niners to hire him back in 2011. But the truth is Harbaugh is, well, a little nuts.

That's OK when you're contending for a championship every year, but when you're out of the playoffs, and you have a $120 million investment (Kap) that is clearly not developing well , it's going to create a lot of friction.

I just hope both can part ways with out any damage being done to one or the other(probably wishful thinking).

I think I saw Ryan Lindley at the grocery store once. The nametag on his managers vest even said 'Ryan'.

It's outrageous that it has been 8 minutes since this post and we still don't have a Manhole photoshop.

I think a lot of people are inclined to heap a lot of the blame for this situation on the 49er brass. I don't think that is entirely fair. I for one love Harbaugh and no one was yelling louder than me for the Niners to hire him back in 2011. But the truth is Harbaugh is, well, a little nuts.

That's OK when you're contending for a championship every year, but when you're out of the playoffs, and you have a $120 million investment (Kap) that is clearly not developing well , it's going to create a lot of friction.

I just hope both can part ways with out any damage being done toń one or the other(probably wishful thinking).

But I think/said pre-season that letting it hang the way they did was a self-fulfilling disaster. Football more than any other sport needs people to really buy in, and when the team is trying to trade the ridiculously successful HC and then falling back into neutral on the renegotiation...how do you sell players on putting winning/team first when the guys in charge clearly can't, and they're not even out there risking brain damage week after week?

Without even accounting for the injuries, etc. and that's a formala for disaster. And I think it seems clear that th decision not to bring him back was made long before we knew we weren't makin the playoffs. I agree with what Aikman said today, expect it's too late to 'be careful' with the message this sends to the players.

"They may take away our lives...but they'll never take away our ideal working environments!"

But I think/said pre-season that letting it hang the way they did was a self-fulfilling disaster. Football more than any other sport needs people to really buy in, and when the team is trying to trade the ridiculously successful HC and then falling back into neutral on the renegotiation...how do you sell players on putting winning/team first when the guys in charge clearly can't, and they're not even out there risking brain damage week after week?

How do you sell it? Hire Arians. He's sold it all year long.

Archived