Theories you picked up on all by your lonesome.

Salafi Stannis

He's a Texan. He'll just wait until she is completely inside his residence, then the good old shotgun kicks in. Yay castle doctrine.

Shotguns are too cumbersome to wield inside! I prefer my Springfield XDM 40 caliber loaded with HST personal defense rounds!

Then grab a beer and wait for the Hurst.

He's a Texan. He'll just wait until she is completely inside his residence, then the good old shotgun kicks in. Yay castle doctrine.

But My double barrel 12-gauge is what I use when I hear weird noises outside or coming from the barn...but the Springfield is on my hip!!!!

God Bless Texas! (and living in the country)

Shotguns are too cumbersome to wield inside! I prefer my Springfield XDM 40 caliber loaded with HST personal defense rounds!

Then grab a beer and wait for the Hurst.

I like my long guns since I can hunt with them. Plus, there's something oh so satisfying about the sound of a pump shotgun. Likely don't even need to fire. If Dany's dragons ever get big, the threat is probably more of a deterrent for acting against her then the use of the dragons themselves.

Edit: I hope to end up in the country. Live inside the Beltway in Houston, so not too many "go outside to investigate a noise" moments.

I like my long guns since I can hunt with them. Plus, there's something oh so satisfying about the sound of a pump shotgun. Likely don't even need to fire. If Dany's dragons ever get big, the threat is probably more of a deterrent for acting against her then the use of the dragons themselves.

Edit: I hope to end up in the country. Live inside the Beltway in Houston, so not too many "go outside to investigate a noise" moments.

I do love the sound when you chamber a shell into the shotgun! But since I have side-by-side 12-gauge break-over shotgun...that sound is not as intimidating.

My wife's Ruger 38 special has a laser site...no that can be intimidating...but a position giveaway at the same time.

I hunt on our land too, duck, deer & hogs mostly. I made a makeshift firing range on the back side of our larger stock pond so that is where I practice shooting. I have a short range for our pistols and a longer one for my Marlin .30-30 and .300 H&H Magnum.

Crazy how every time guns come up in conversation, the ammosexuals come out of the woodwork to go on about hypothetical scenarios where they can kill intruders.

Don't assume it is hypothetical.

Replace can with did and intruders with intruder (singular).

Experience what I have and you won't be so quick to make that type of comment. I realize you're trying to be cute and funny but some things strike way too close to home.

Well I watched the first 3 seasons before I read the series, so the R+L=J came pretty quick once Robert visited the crypt.

The gravedigger was kind of obvious.

I always knew the Citadel/maesters/hightowers were up to something, the TWOIAF makes it a little clearer though.

This series is great, I love piecing together things with my own thoughts and other forumposters insights. Its fun and at different times with different evidence, different things fit.

Jaime for AAR

Because Ghost is the Quiet Wolf, I sometimes think Ned is the father as well. I speak the truth when I say I am actually getting tired, really tired of this endless speculation and the what ifs and how abouts and what do you think. GRRM should really be ashamed of himself. He's raking in cash and attention and more cash and fame and popularity and he is producing nothing. Why do I need a history of Westeros when the book I've been trying to finish reading for years isn't done yet. Come on, its been almost 20 years. The worst case of writers block EVER.

I'm tired of arguing with people I don't know about people who don't actually exist either. Its laughable, but its not funny.

Then don't do it. No-one is forcing you to be here.

Don't assume it is hypothetical.

Replace can with did and intruders with intruder (singular).

Experience what I have and you won't be so quick to make that type of comment. I realize you're trying to be cute and funny but some things strike way too close to home.

I can't imagine what experience I could share with you that would make me think a multi-post trip off-topic to discuss firearms in the middle of a book discussion that has nothing to do with guns is not worthy of comment. And you have no idea what I have experienced in my life, either, so I wouldn't be so quick to discount my post.

I can't imagine what experience I could share with you that would make me think a multi-post trip off-topic to discuss firearms in the middle of a book discussion that has nothing to do with guns is not worthy of comment. And you have no idea what I have experienced in my life, either, so I wouldn't be so quick to discount my post.

We did take our conversation to private messages. Should we have gone back and edited our posts to let everyone know this?

And I did not discount your post...if I did that, I would ignore it...as I do with most posts that are insulting when there was no cause for it.

Crazy how every time guns come up in conversation, the ammosexuals come out of the woodwork to go on about hypothetical scenarios where they can kill intruders.

I cannot think of any personal experiences that you could have that can justify this comment unless you are the intruder or related to an intruder.

People like guns...I happen to be one of them. But when people get off topic in this forum, say on cars, I don't insult them by calling them carsexuals that talk about hypothetical situations where they drive 200 MPH through traffic.

I am sure you have hobbies that I don't understand or agree with...nor would I insult your hobbies or passion for any hobby.

I apologize if I offended you in a previous topic or insulted you by mistake...I don't ever recall doing so. But just know...I am still haunted by taking that man's life...even though I did not know him. He broke into my home in the middle of the night and he was armed. Afterwards, we learned he has been convicted of sexual assaults and suspected of being a rapist. I am even more haunted by playing the What If game because what if I was out of town on business and my wife was home alone?

So please forgive me if I don't find humor in your comment and please forgive me if I was drying to diffuse the situation with my first response. So please enlighten me know that you know my story....what is your personal experience that can justify that comment?

And I apologize to everyone else in this thread. I typically do not get into these debates or arguments. But this one struck WAY too close to home for me.

We did take our conversation to private messages. Should we have gone back and edited our posts to let everyone know this?

And I did not discount your post...if I did that, I would ignore it...as I do with most posts that are insulting when there was no cause for it.

I cannot think of any personal experiences that you could have that can justify this comment unless you are the intruder or related to an intruder.

People like guns...I happen to be one of them. But when people get off topic in this forum, say on cars, I don't insult them by calling them carsexuals that talk about hypothetical situations where they drive 200 MPH through traffic.

I am sure you have hobbies that I don't understand or agree with...nor would I insult your hobbies or passion for any hobby.

I apologize if I offended you in a previous topic or insulted you by mistake...I don't ever recall doing so. But just know...I am still haunted by taking that man's life...even though I did not know him. He broke into my home in the middle of the night and he was armed. Afterwards, we learned he has been convicted of sexual assaults and suspected of being a rapist. I am even more haunted by playing the What If game because what if I was out of town on business and my wife was home alone?

So please forgive me if I don't find humor in your comment and please forgive me if I was drying to diffuse the situation with my first response. So please enlighten me know that you know my story....what is your personal experience that can justify that comment?

And I apologize to everyone else in this thread. I typically do not get into these debates or arguments. But this one struck WAY too close to home for me.

As someone who has lost two relatives to firearms and have another who is still suffering complications from surviving a shotgun blast, I do have a strong personal reaction to people jesting about killing with firearms. The tone of the posts I was commenting on did not come across as someone haunted by what they had done, but instead bragging. I know if I was haunted by a horrible thing I did, I would not be making jokes about grabbing a beer and waiting for the police.

Feel free to continue patting yourself on the back and feeling special for killing somebody. I'll say no more about it here.

As someone who has lost two relatives to firearms and have another who is still suffering complications from surviving a shotgun blast, I do have a strong personal reaction to people jesting about killing with firearms. The tone of the posts I was commenting on did not come across as someone haunted by what they had done, but instead bragging. I know if I was haunted by a horrible thing I did, I would not be making jokes about grabbing a beer and waiting for the police.

Feel free to continue patting yourself on the back and feeling special for killing somebody. I'll say no more about it here.

Sorry for your losses. Everyone deals with stress in different ways. I try to make light of the situation, it helps me cope.

That has to be one of the most insulting and ignorant comments I have ever read anywhere.

I'm reporting this thread in hopes to end this line of discussion.

I pity you and may God have mercy on your soul.

holy crap calm down people

its a forum about liking books. everyone always has to get so personal and off topic

no one knows each others experiences and everyone has had horrible things happen to them. some more than others but stop judging. dude just said he likes guns. he wasn't trying to say hes pro people getting shot. grow tougher skin people.

back to topic.

so a theory I picked up myself is Natalie dormer is way hot

definitely hottest on show. and wasted on tommen tsk tsk. kid didn't reach puberty

Sorry about that. Mine was a joke continuing off the "you're coming for him" for another poster (I haven't had to use mine for self defense, and although I keep the gun safe open [i don't have kids] and ammo ready to load, I don't pretend self defense is anywhere near the primary reason for my guns). I am sorry for your loss, and sorry if I offended you.

After a couple posts, we took our conversation to PMs because it was clearly going off topic, and turning into more than just a couple posts.

As far as theories I picked up on my lonesome, I have to say very few. Thanks to the honest trailer and an unhealthy amount of curiosity, R+L=J was presented to me before I ever read the books. The Red Wedding happened on the show before I got the books, as did Astapor, Dany hatching the dragons (although that was obvious). All the AA, Lightbringer arguments I read before I got very far in the books. The only thing I can clearly remember predicting was that the "Mance" that got burned wasn't Mance.

As far as pending, Dany + Jon before one of them dies to stop the fight was in my head before I ever saw anyone else say it.

Not really a theory but I find it interesting that when the Starks found the direwolves there was a male wolf for each boy and a female wolf for each girl. Well as we read on it seems that the direwolfs start to take on the personality of the stark that owns them. Rob the leader and I always thought of grey wind as being the leader of the pack. Rickon is the wildest of the Stark boys and so is shaggy dog. Sansa and lady are just alike. Seems like arya is always running away and that's what happened to her direwolf. She made it run away. Jon and ghost are the outsiders to the family. Bran and summer are probably the closest of the group due to brans injury and being able to warg into summer. I work in animal control and I find it interesting that animals tend to take after their owners in personality and sometimes the animal and the owner even look similar. Also on another note both stark girls lose their direewolfs but end up being protected by the hound at some point in the series. Dogs and wolfs can interbreed so maybe the hound has a little stark in him after all.

Archived