2014 Crackpot Awards: Nominations - THREAD CLOSED. LINK TO NEW TREAD (NOMINEES) IN OP

Salafi Stannis

HR = HS for me.

I just do not understand how someone can clearly put in so much time and effort without grasping the most fundamental of issues with it. I mean it was seriously well researched, like a masters thesis amount of citations. It just failed miserably at the analysis and logic.

The next one isn't really a theory so much as a hypothetical scenario presented, but the 300K Dothraki conquering the 7K is up there too.

What you all smoking? The moment

1.Khal Ned

2. Jon Killed a pregnant Ygritte because of some duck feather said so

was brought up that was a wrap....These two,yeah these two race to the finish.

Karl Ned has multiple votes so it is in play. And it's Karl Ned you need to use the unsullied name for Khal Ned, because it's even better.

2. That theory would of been better if a Duck had shoy Yigritte.

On second thought, I've changed my vote:

The Others-are-not-evil theory.

Well, GRRM himself hesitates when asked if the Others are evil. Never gives a definitive answer. I think they're bad news but I don't know about intentional evil the way we see it.

Old Nan's stories and the prologue to aGoT make it seem like we're dealing with evil - mocking laughter, butchery - but we have so very little to go on.

Karl Ned has multiple votes so it is in play. And it's Karl Ned you need to use the unsullied name for Khal Ned, because it's even better.

2. That theory would of been better if a Duck had shoy Yigritte.

Calling that theory "Karl Ned" was arguably my finest contribution to the forums in 2014. :cool4:

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Karl Ned, and the darkness shall flee before him."

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Karl Ned shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

Archived