2014 Crackpot Awards: Nominations - THREAD CLOSED. LINK TO NEW TREAD (NOMINEES) IN OP

Salafi Stannis

2014 has been a year of theories, from the laughably crackpot to the virtually canon. Here we vote on which you think decides to win the 2014 ASoIaF Crackpot Award. You can vote on a thread because you think it's the funniest, or if you think it's the stupidest, or the strangest, or whatever, as long as you truly think it deserves the award. The 8 most popular theories will be made the official nominees, and I will start a new thread, where you can vote on the winner. The author of the winning thread will be henceforth declared the Crackpot King/Queen. Poll closes whenever the voting plateaus.

EDIT - THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. THERE IS A NEW THREAD WITH THE LIST OF NOMINEES IN WHICH YOU CAN VOTE FOR YOUR CHOICE:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/122679-2014-crackpot-of-the-year-the-vote/

Ned in TWOW confirmed:

We know that Varys has helped people marked for dead flee the capital before, right? Who's to say he didn't find a Flea Market bum, give him a Ned mask, and use him as a sacrifice in return for the bums family being compensated? It's a Prince Aegon situation all over again.

Ned in TWOW confirmed:

We know that Varys has helped people marked for dead flee the capital before, right? Who's to say he didn't find a Flea Market bum, give him a Ned mask, and use him as a sacrifice in return for the bums family being compensated? It's a Prince Aegon situation all over again.

You trying to win the award today?

Now I wish I made more threads to submit theories :crying:

2014 was a good year for TWOW sample chapters and even the World of Ice and Fire book. To celebrate the release of the Mercy chapter, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, I nominate Lemon Trees in Braavos questioning Dany's memories of a red door and a field with lemon trees.

I didn't pick up on it at first, and when I saw the reactions on the forums my synapses snapped a little with excitement. I still see it argued, and even though it's easily dismissed with high lords having special trees imported personally, they still argue valiantly with more offbeat connections. I sincerely hope it does become relevant and that they were right all along.

I'll also give a runnerup to the fAegon theories, since I believe those become stronger with every new mention of the Blackfyres, but they're not as new as Lemon Trees in Braavos.

Is it too late to submit my theory that the Hightowers have secretly been building Voltron inside the Hightower for generations?

No you can not, that theory is clearly based off my own theory that the Starks have 5 giant Robotic Dire Wolves hidden beneath Winterfell and it did not win last year so neither will you. Lets go VolStark force.

What was that about?

The Prophesies suggest that Khal Ned will be reborn into someone of Targaryen decent (I really don't much get into the whole R+L=J & Targ Love Madness, so I cannot recall the specific line of Targs), & it will be Jon Snow's body who Khal Ned is reborn into. While Jon is warged into Ghost & doing his thing North of the wall, Mel will utilize MMD-like magic (Not Thoros-Like Magic) to bring Jon's body back to life. However, Jon's soul will be gone, in the wolf, and the books have been clear that Warg / Skinchanger communications / connections are thoroughly blocked by the wall. This will leave Jon's body alive, but in a 'vegetable-like' state, not unlike the state that we saw Khal Drogo's body in. Jon's living but empty body will be thrown into the Ice Cells where tons & tons of foreshadowing suggest that it will remain for an extended period of time (perhaps most of, if not all of TWOW).

I don't know the specifics on how Jon's body will come to be inhabited by Khal Ned, perhaps there will be another MMD-like ceremony? Perhaps Castle Black will burn & the significant volumes of salt that Jon noted in the store rooms under the ice cells will come into play? I do know that the Red Comet will be bright on the horizon though, and I also know that GRRM has certainly been preparing his audience to accept resurrections… I think that all these resurrections are leading up to a single Grand Resurrection - The Return of Khal Ned...

Tied to the one I nominated earlier, so my vote should count for Khal Ned.

Archived