Wow, I never noticed that, v. 9

Jon Weirgaryen

"shadow of a boar" does bring Robert's death to mind... Which Cersei caused, in a way.. perhaps Cersei's shenanigans will hurt one of LF's plans?

I doubt it is Gendry. While Gendry could be seen as Robert's shadow, the boar would personify Robert's death, not Robert himself.

well all three kettle blacks are imprisoned.

and i wouldn't surprised if Stongboar urges jaime to look after the vale (robert named jaime warden of the east. remeber?)

I never noticed that... will pay attention, next time through ASoS.

Lord Tywin turned back to Littlefinger. "If Lysa Arryn will take you for a husband and return to the king's peace, we shall restore the Lord Robert to the honor of Warden of the East. How soon might you leave?"

Sam had to sell his labor and everything but his clothes and the old horn Jon gave him to book passage to Oldtown. Then we get this...

It has to be Horn Hill, Sam finally decided. Once we reach Oldtown I'll hire a wagon and some horses and take her there myself.

Samwell V, Feast

What's he gonna do? Sell the horn and his small clothes? Or maybe reach into Sandor's magic pockets where he fits and carries 10k gold coins?

Sam had to sell his labor and everything but his clothes and the old horn Jon gave him to book passage to Oldtown. Then we get this...

Samwell V, Feast

What's he gonna do? Sell the horn and his small clothes? Or maybe reach into Sandor's magic pockets where he fits and carries 10k gold coins?

Or ask for some coin from the Citadel, or hope that his mother at Horn Hill will pay the costs ;)

Cersei assessment of Ned's reason for accepting the Handship (overheard by Bran) makes no sense. She thinks he accepted Robert's offer because he wanted power and would be a potential rival at court, citing the fact that he took the second most powerful position in the kingdom despite never once getting involved in southern politics. If Ned wanted power, he would already be involved in southern politics, or at least trying to be. Catelyn's reasons for why Ned should be Robert's Hand are more logical: refusal looks like disloyalty, he has a duty to Robert, it would secure his family's future, Robert went out of his way to honor him. None of that occurs to Cersei, who just assumed Ned was ambitious and egocentric. She projected her own qualities onto Ned!

Cersei assessment of Ned's reason for accepting the Handship (overheard by Bran) makes no sense. She thinks he accepted Robert's offer because he wanted power and would be a potential rival at court, citing the fact that he took the second most powerful position in the kingdom despite never once getting involved in southern politics. If Ned wanted power, he would already be involved in southern politics, or at least trying to be. Catelyn's reasons for why Ned should be Robert's Hand are more logical: refusal looks like disloyalty, he has a duty to Robert, it would secure his family's future, Robert went out of his way to honor him. None of that occurs to Cersei, who just assumed Ned was ambitious and egocentric. She projected her own qualities onto Ned!

But Cersei says she thought Ned would refuse Robert, so she's looking for reasons why he did accept. And when she thinks :

"Lord Eddard has never taken any interest in anything that happened south of the Neck," the woman said. "Never. I tell you, he means to move against us. Why else would he leave the seat of his power?"

we readers know she is right, after the Catelyn II chapter, though she thinks of the twincest and Ned and Catelyn thought about Jon Arryn's murder.

But Cersei says she thought Ned would refuse Robert, so she's looking for reasons why he did accept. And when she thinks :

we readers know she is right, after the Catelyn II chapter, though she thinks of the twincest and Ned and Catelyn thought about Jon Arryn's murder.

Oh you're right I missed that.

Archived