Acrophobia #13 - Seasons in Westeros, Winner is Ser Not Appearing

Fragile Bird

I have added a 7th entry. No one had voted yet, so....

I think I will just toss in the towel right now and extend the SUBMISSION deadline to next Tuesday. I should be able to get wi-fi on my cell phone on board ship. :)

Please get your votes in for this round by the FRIDAY deadline, so I can post those from home.

My votes:

1. 7. Not for the ghoulish Others -- liquefying sunrays tailor hot puddles. Very nice flow on this one, and I don't just mean what's left of the Others. :thumbsup:

2. 6. Numerous flowers, trees, gardens overflow lands sweltering through hot periods. That's pretty much summer to a tee.

3. 2. Naughty fun time! Going out lounging, swimming. Truly happy people. This one reminds me of what Robert said way back in AGoT.

Honorable mention to #1 for being fun and making me smile.

Listen, guys!

I'm already seeing fun entries. With all the letters available, you may find this the easiest one to do.

Would you all like to be able to enter TWO submissions? I would then double the votes you have, 2 votes for each of 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Please advise!

I'm always happy with two but then you'd have to get everybody to submit two.

To avoid that you could say up to two entries and people score double of their highest point getter... but that would mean some votes don't end up counting because they were given to the lesser of someone two entries.

The entries I have received so far are wonderful! 15 letters seems to have raised the creativity level up a notch.

Please, please, please try to do two entries, so we can have more fun! If not everyone does 2 submissions, I'll do two sets of Round 3, or if most do 2 sets, I'll double the votes the one set gets, ok? But I strongly urge you to set your imaginations loose, because people are having amazing fun with these letters. :D

I really think I could do a longer round using 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 letters, maybe 16 and 17 as well.

The entries I have received so far are wonderful! 15 letters seems to have raised the creativity level up a notch.

Please, please, please try to do two entries, so we can have more fun! If not everyone does 2 submissions, I'll do two sets of Round 3, or if most do 2 sets, I'll double the votes the one set gets, ok? But I strongly urge you to set your imaginations loose, because people are having amazing fun with these letters. :D

I really think I could do a longer round using 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 letters, maybe 16 and 17 as well.

I can probably get in two at least. :D

1st - 4. Near full-time goodness ~ oh love! ~ summer's the high point.

2nd - 6. Numerous flowers, trees, gardens overflow lands sweltering through hot periods.

3rd - 7. Not for the ghoulish Others -- liquefying sunrays tailor hot puddles.

I've got three entries in and was going to make up my mind later.

Didn't realize until just now that I can submit two of them. But picking two out of the three will be just as hard as picking one out of the three.

Thankfully there are a few days to sit on it, before I make up my mind.

First 7. Not for the ghoulish Others -- liquefying sunrays tailor hot puddles.

Second 5. Nymphs frolic! Tykes gambol! Oranges! Lemons! Sample tacit high pleasures.

Third 6. Numerous flowers, trees, gardens overflow lands sweltering through hot periods.

A small group, but very strong. I want to vote them all first!

First: 7. Not for the ghoulish Others -- liquefying sunrays tailor hot puddles.

Second: 3. Nascence - foretell the Gods, old - leaves serenity to human philosophy.

Third: 5. Nymphs frolic! Tykes gambol! Oranges! Lemons! Sample tacit high pleasures.

Will go write my winter one now as I'll be away over the weekend.

1st) 5. Nymphs frolic! Tykes gambol! Oranges! Lemons! Sample tacit high pleasures.

2nd) 7. Not for the ghoulish Others -- liquefying sunrays tailor hot puddles.

3rd) 6. Numerous flowers, trees, gardens overflow lands sweltering through hot periods.

I was extremely proud of my entry this round, but I guess we all know what pride supposedly comes before.

1st) 5. Nymphs frolic! Tykes gambol! Oranges! Lemons! Sample tacit high pleasures.

2nd) 7. Not for the ghoulish Others -- liquefying sunrays tailor hot puddles.

3rd) 6. Numerous flowers, trees, gardens overflow lands sweltering through hot periods.

I was extremely proud of my entry this round, but I guess we all know what pride supposedly comes before.

Destruction. Oft misquoted as coming before a fall.

Destruction. Oft misquoted as coming before a fall.

Very interesting. It seems I didn't know after all. Good job I put "supposedly". I could have pretended I knew all along, but for this reply :lol:

"Destruction" seems somewhat harsher and perhaps more permanent than "a fall". I like to think I can yet bounce back.

Show me a haughty spirit that isn't prideful and I'll show you... someone who probably can't argue.

:cheers: Quite true.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." But you know since a fall can be destructive, and destruction can be called a fall, they're practically interchangeable. If the Romans had not been prideful and haughty they would not have left their empire where it could fall. ;) (credit to Dave Barry for that one)

Ok guys, only 4 5 of you have voted! Come on, get your votes in!

So far I have five entries, each with 2, 3 or 4 submissions. All the submissions are fantastic, and I just don't know how everyone is going to make the choices of which two to use.

For those who are lurking, please please please, try your hand at it! The words are flowing....

Archived